Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 29

Ok got it thanks

Closing position

forex4syg:
Hi

A set of short positions are opened for GBP/USD in my test.

I saw the last position was closed with profit. Read from code,

this should result in the close of all other opening positions.

Strange to me, those opening positions are not closed after the close of the last position. Instead, it continued opened another new short position (with the lot size the same as the one just closed and with the similar price).

Can someone help me to understand this? I am using the following parameters.

extern int MaxTrades=5;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

Thanks!

Scott

What you describe is not the way that this EA is designed to work so in order to track down the problem we would like to see a detailed statement to see what stoploss was shown and a screen shot to see the EA version and whether the stoploss was shown on the chart.

If you are certain that your version and settings are correct I would recommend closing the EA down and the outstanding trades removing it recompiling it and starting off again.

John

Goblin tests

Bluto,

Great EA, one of two best working Martingale EAs I am testing !

Below my current tests :

Both tests: H1, IBFX, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY

1. default settings (started 11.26.2006)

TakeProfit=40.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=20.00000000

MaxTrades=9

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

2. yeoeleven (started 11.28.2006)

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

Please take a look and comment.

Thank you.

Trades open against trend direction

Hi Bluto,

I`m testing Goblin with original settings in a H1 time frame. I`ve seen very good results, but today the EA open positions against trend direction. Is that right? is the EA not good for USDJPY? take a look:

Thanks for this great EA... and sorry for my english...

Files:
imagem.jpg  185 kb

tomstaufer:
Bluto,

Great EA, one of two best working Martingale EAs I am testing !

Below my current tests :

Both tests: H1, IBFX, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY

1. default settings (started 11.26.2006)

TakeProfit=40.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=20.00000000

MaxTrades=9

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

2. yeoeleven (started 11.28.2006)

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2050

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=123987

Please take a look and comment.

Thank you.

Nice results. I think yeoeleven's settings are better suited for Goblin from everything I can see at this point in the collaborative testing. He's obviously been at testing this engine for a long time and seems to have the best experience. Those default settings you used for Goblin weren't cast in stone or intended to be the suggested optimum settings; I just borrowed them from the old 10Point3 copy I started with under the assumption that everyone would change them to their own preferences. What I plan to do now is run both EA's side by side for several weeks with yeoeleven's settings, and then a 3rd test with Goblin running at a low Maxtrade setting and a much higher initial lot setting to probe a hunch I have.

I like John's settings to but just not AccountProtection=0

I want some Account Protection, don't I?

FernandaG:
Hi Bluto,

I`m testing Goblin with original settings in a H1 time frame. I`ve seen very good results, but today the EA open positions against trend direction. Is that right? is the EA not good for USDJPY? take a look:

Thanks for this great EA... and sorry for my english...

The EA should be fine for USDJPY. This is a settings issue. The same thing happened to me. The problem is this: once you get an initial signal, either buy or sell, you start a cycle with the potential of opening as many order intervals as the Maxtrade setting. If you're not in profit yet and you have a few trades open, when the trend takes a wicked turn the other way, the EA will continue opening trades using the original signal until the cycle exhausts itself up to Maxtrades or StopLoss bails you out totally. This is what causes big drawdowns. I noticed that your lot sizes are fairly aggressive and this can really pile on the drawdown as more trades are opened and the double-up effect kicks in.

From what I can see, it's a trade-off in getting the right settings tweaked for the best all-around performance per pair. Some guys are starting with small lot sizes like .01 and Maxtrades of 10...you'll make smaller profits during ranging periods but when the trend takes a quick turn for the worse, you'll endure less risk of big drawdown until retracement. The Pips increment plays a big role too. The key is to get the right settings...the EA trade logic will take care of the rest.

Ok, so with my current settings, a USD/JPY trade opened a buy trade;

114.98 SL

115.85 TP

SL is to high for me but that is the way the EA works, correct? No way to decrease the starting SL is there? or am I still missing the point on how this EA handles the SL?

Thanks

bluto,

nice EA, but the problem comes when you have a shitty day on the US dollar and the majors fall by 400 or 500 pips in one fell swoop with no retracement.....its happened before and it will happen again, how do you intend on adjusting to that disaster???? also, there is someone in the elite forum with a good idea, here it is:

"With default settings, it should take an initial position based on an indicator, and if the price moves against that position by 10 pips, it takes a second position - twice as big - in the opposite direction. If the price then moves agains the second position by 10 pips it will take a third position in the opposite direction of the second one (the same direction as the first one) again at twice the size. In this way, the EA is defining a range of 10 pips and keeps making trades at the same place until the range is broken. Once the price moves out of this range by a certain amount, all trades are closed and profit is taken."

Let me know what you think.......maybe you can collaborate with him and come up with something to protect against HUGE market moves....

Account protection

matrixebiz:
I like John's settings to but just not AccountProtection=0 I want some Account Protection, don't I?

Account protection will kick in together with OrderstoProtect when your account hits the next Maxtrades when MaxTrades minus OrderstoProtect applies.

If you have Maxtrades10 and AccountProtection 1 & OrderstoProtect 3 then your trade will be closed when MaxTrades7 closes. So why not just set your tolerance to MaxTrades7 in the first place. Unless the trades increase up to that level then AccountsProtect does nothing but sit there as a back stop.

My philosophy is that MaxTrades10 will very rarely be breached and in the mean time I will engender more profit than the loss. I may be wrong but that is what demo accounts are for to test out any trading program prior to going live with it.

John

Reason: