Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 65

xpie:
Could you please tell us which currency and timeframe you trade. Felix

euro$, $cad, and ausie$ for now. 1hr chart

Quotation UT 1 min

Quotation !

Files:
cotation.jpg  200 kb

If anyone is interested here is version C2.ea with the TargetEquity and EquityProtection functioning. I don't believe the hedge feature is function correctly. I am currently testing this version swing trading in one direction only.

Files:

alassio:
You had a loser with 6 orders and a winner with 5 orders ... nothing unusual.

Depending on your lot size configuration, you choose how aggressive your trades will be. I think that both Dave's and my settings set the cutoff point at 5-6 orders where we start taking losses. Note that it is not optimal to trying to avoid losses at all costs! Taking a smaller loss and moving on is better than locking one side of the trading cycle for a long time (and missing other opportunities) and finally being hit be a large loss (stop loss). This reasoning is based on the statistical observation that most of your winners use only 1-3 orders. Therefore at some point it does not payoff any more trying to save another small percentage of trades by increasing risk even more.

If you want less risk, then increase pips spacing and scale everything else accordingly (t/p, s/l; lot sizes). This works fine with higher volatility pairs.

My standard settings can be used for euro$, $chf, eurochf and pairs with similar ATR. The best results concerning profit/risk ratio are with eurochf.

Use one of my Excel spreadsheets that I posted for simulation different configurations.

Thanks Alassio.

After reading the source code carefully and compare it with the original goblin, I think I understand what you mean. My server is still running Goblin and 10Points3, and ... yesterday they suffer a huge loss on cable when the market hit SL. Yeah ... like you said, better take smaller loss and moving on then being locked on one side of trading side for a long time

This week I start fresh, Goblin Bipolar and and Fixed Lot with Dave's setting. Yesterday, they both make profit. I will post the result on weekend.

Cheers,

wibitiens:
Hi Dave,

Could you post the setting that you're using? I just start testing Goblin_BiPolar_FixedLots_alassio2 for two days (only two days ), and the result is a bit funny. Could you help me with this?

Thanks...

You had a loser with 6 orders and a winner with 5 orders ... nothing unusual.

Depending on your lot size configuration, you choose how aggressive your trades will be. I think that both Dave's and my settings set the cutoff point at 5-6 orders where we start taking losses. Note that it is not optimal to trying to avoid losses at all costs! Taking a smaller loss and moving on is better than locking one side of the trading cycle for a long time (and missing other opportunities) and finally being hit be a large loss (stop loss). This reasoning is based on the statistical observation that most of your winners use only 1-3 orders. Therefore at some point it does not payoff any more trying to save another small percentage of trades by increasing risk even more.

If you want less risk, then increase pips spacing and scale everything else accordingly (t/p, s/l; lot sizes). This works fine with higher volatility pairs.

My standard settings can be used for euro$, $chf, eurochf and pairs with similar ATR. The best results concerning profit/risk ratio are with eurochf.

Use one of my Excel spreadsheets that I posted for simulating different configurations.

No trade cable !

GBP / USD is too volatile for the EA which functions with martingale. EUR / USD is more suitable.

Dechaine:
GBP / USD is too volatile for the EA which functions with martingale. EUR / USD is more suitable.

Yeap! I am agree with you. Manys time cable increased the lot size too high and finally hit the SL

Dechaine:

Mabe after you guys have busted enough demo's, you'll take my advise and keep them on pairs with less than 90 daily ATR. (thats averaging less than 90 pips per day) Preferably around 60.

currently:

ausie$ 53 atr

euro$ 74 atr

$cad 64 atr

$jpy 133 atr

gbp$ 103 atr

$chf 105 atr

gbpjpy 312 atr

Dave

Mabe after you guys have busted enough demo's, you'll take my advise and keep them on pairs with less than 90 daily ATR. (thats averaging less than 90 pips per day) Preferably around 60.

currently:

ausie$ 53 atr

euro$ 74 atr

$cad 64 atr

$jpy 133 atr

gbp$ 103 atr

$chf 105 atr

gbpjpy 312 atr

Dave

Dave, as you said, you use ATR (3)? If it grows till more than 90 pips, you take this pair out of trading?

Trader83:
Dave, as you said, you use ATR (3)? If it grows till more than 90 pips, you take this pair out of trading?

I switched to 5 peroid atr.

Yea, when the new daily candle takes the ATR over 90 I get off that pair.

Reason: