Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 25

Settings

matrixebiz:

Can someone post here what each setting actually means and does. This will help me to understand what is going on.

Thanks

I have posted below descriptions of what the settings do from the EA's coding. The InitialStop is not correctly described as StopLoss.

I prefer this description

tururo:
The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss. See yeoelevens earlier post for dollars example.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

extern double TakeProfit = 40; // Profit Goal for the latest order opened

extern double Lots = 0.1; // First order will be for this lot size

extern double InitialStop = 0; // StopLoss

extern double TrailingStop = 20; // Pips to trail the StopLoss

extern int MaxTrades=10; // Maximum number of orders to open

extern int Pips=15; // Distance in Pips from one order to another

extern int SecureProfit=10; // If profit made is bigger than SecureProfit we close the orders

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int ReverseCondition=0; // If one the decision to go long/short will be reversed

extern int StartYear=2005; // Year to start (only for backtest)

extern int StartMonth=1; // Month to start (only for backtest)

extern int EndYear=2050; // Year to stop trading (backtest and live)

extern int EndMonth=12; // Month to stop trading (backtest and live)

// extern int EndHour=22; // Not used for now

// extern int EndMinute=30; // Not used for now

extern int mm=0; // if 1, the lots size will increase based on account size

extern int risk=12; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

extern int AccountisNormal=0; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

extern int Magic = 123987; // Magic number for the orders placed

goldensight:
Is anyone watching gbp/usd at the moment. It is at 1.9670 right now, the last higher high was on Sept. 6, 1992 when cable was at 2.0110

Yes, yes. Debt, debt, debt and china and crude oil. Petrol dollar change to petro euro and Game over!

Time Frames

teamfri:
Hi John,

I think it's a very good idea to compare the performance of 10points3 Dynamic Stop and goblin with the same setting.

Do you think it makes more sense, if you let these two EAs run on the charts of the same timeframe?

thanks

teamfri

I am using the recommended time frames as suggested by the the Author and in the case of 10point3 it is M30 and bluto recommended H1. I may change that after this week since M15 seems to be working better for Goblin. Comparing apples with apples would seem to be a better approach and just now am thinking of M30 for each.

John

Forward testing

There has been discussion about the recent prices and how Goblin handled the volatility today so I have posted my detailed statements as of 5 minutes ago.

John

Files:
goblin5.htm  102 kb
goblin5.gif  5 kb

mikl_73112:
Attached is my statement of results for this morning: I'm using John's settings except for MaxTrades =3 and orderstoprotect =1 (not sure if it matters with acct protect at 0. It only would allow 1 trade open per pair through the run and did not increase lot size above .01.

I think John's setup also did well through the 11/22-23 spike according to previously posted statements.

This ea appears to be dialed in!

Yes....definitely the other side of the spectrum. This just might be the secret sauce in the mix!

yeoeleven:
I have posted below descriptions of what the settings do from the EA's coding. The InitialStop is not correctly described as StopLoss.

I prefer this description

extern double TakeProfit = 40; // Profit Goal for the latest order opened

extern double Lots = 0.1; // First order will be for this lot size

extern int MaxTrades=10; // Maximum number of orders to open

extern int Pips=15; // Distance in Pips from one order to another

extern int SecureProfit=10; // If profit made is bigger than SecureProfit we close the orders

extern int AccountProtection=1; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=3; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int ReverseCondition=0; // If one the decision to go long/short will be reversed

extern int StartYear=2005; // Year to start (only for backtest)

extern int StartMonth=1; // Month to start (only for backtest)

extern int EndYear=2050; // Year to stop trading (backtest and live)

extern int EndMonth=12; // Month to stop trading (backtest and live)

// extern int EndHour=22; // Not used for now

// extern int EndMinute=30; // Not used for now

extern int mm=0; // if 1, the lots size will increase based on account size

extern int risk=12; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

extern int AccountisNormal=0; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

extern int Magic = 123987; // Magic number for the orders placed

Thanks

gbpusd has been crap today:)

I don't believe goblin works better on m15 than 1h chart in the long run. Just take a look at the JRSX, change the timeframe and make a comparison. It is obvious JRSX on 1h chart gives a much more reliable signal of direction than on m15 chart.

Can you explain this one a little? extern int Magic = 123987; // Magic number for the orders placed

I think having a Trailing SL is dangerous. Can I put InitialStop=30 then TrailingStop=0?

Also, so far, 1 day M30 seems good.

statement since 27/11

Hi everyone!

I've been testing this amazing EA since monday with very good resuts so far... My settings are default but I set MaxTrades=3 to be even safer. Maybe I'll go live next week...Nice work Bluto!

ze0202:
Hi everyone! I've been testing this amazing EA since monday with very good resuts so far... My settings are default but I set MaxTrades=3 to be safer. Maybe I'll go live next week...Nice work Bluto!

You are not so much save with maxtrades = 3 than for instance 6 or even 10. In some circumstances this is even more risky than maxtrade 10. I've experienced this today with gbpusd. I have maxtrades = 3 and I suffered some drowdown...But I won't give up )

Reason: