Ask! - page 42

the channel detector

i have attatched a chart of where it has taken trades, and also another one for a picture example of what i'm looking for, (to help keep you on the know of what i'm talking about )

notice at the beggining of the chart, it stays flat forever, i want to stay out of trades when the prices channels horizontally, for x pips, with a high and low of x pips, and after it breaches that channel by x pips, re-activate.

If (a) trade(s) are open when a channel is reached by all the above conditions, to close the trade(s)

I'll appriciate all assistance i recieve on the matter!

Hello again, from the depths of darkness

I haven't been on much lately because ever since I learned about interbankfx's "days off" on july 4'rth, I've been working on a safety detector, to safely exit trades, and not open new ones before the ea's stops executing (the next best thing to finding a new broker, I hope ). Just don't expect a full ea, (it's an ea setup guide in an ea file).

Creating has pushed me much futher in coding experience than i expected (or wished for ), and now i have one question that research has failed to answer. the troublemaker in question seems to me to have a fairly simple answer, but i've had no luck in finding it, so i'm not very accurate in saying it is.

Is there any way to have a function look at the current trade and see if it's profitable?

a few more questions coming apparently

Is this part of my setup guide doing what i want it to do?

double CurrentClose = iClose,(NULL, 0, 1); //supposed to look at the close of the most recent period double TrendClose = iClose,(NULL, 0, 3);//supposed to look at close of three periods ago

it's simple i know, but with 53 errors and 34 warnings, one has to wonder, (especially since i just pulled a formula out of metaeditor's reference manual).

I've been pushed in coding, but i'm not that good at editing it when i know some of the problems are going to be because it's not a complete ea, if anyone spots any errors in it, please please, please let me know!

Thanks for all the help!

a question on your lessons #'s 10-12

with this custom indicator buisiness, maybe i'm just not understanding what right in front of me, but i am having troubles finding where i could add a function to determine the value of a line made in an indicator i've been working on.

if you've seen my latest thread in the suggestions for trading systems, section of this forem recently, i decided to work on making an indicator for my day off safety detector, it has the functions there that i had been able to work on so far.

if you haven't, i've got the most up-to-date, version of my day off safety detector, (what i call an ea add-on) in this post;).

now for what i have done, i've looked through the lessons i listed in the title, and i've worked throught what i could understand, (which frankly stopped around the middle of part 3 , (lesson 12) and one question on an integer issue in part two, that is clarified in the beginin of the indicator)

i also have an attatchment in this post with what i've been working on with this new indicator so far.

please assist me in clarifying theese issues!

btw, your lessons rock!

I would like this created into a one time script

extern double StopLoss=30;

extern double TakeProfit=500;

extern double TrailingStop=8;

extern double Slippage=1;

extern double Lots=0.1;

extern int OrderTries=5;

// build magic# to adjust/monitor trailing stop if possible

Files:

why are coders...

I am curious, why are coders using "MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID)" instead of simply using the "Bid"?

Nicholishen:
I am curious, why are coders using "MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID)" instead of simply using the "Bid"?

Well, with the market info function u are able to check eg Bid price from GBPUSD when UR on eurusd chart

ECN feed

Nicholishen:

I'm using this:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lotsi,(Ask-MarketInfo( Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL )*Point),slippage,.......

Elite indicators

I am not interested in EA's...I prefer to manually trade...however, I am interested in the indicators that are only available in the elite section...Is there any more information available on these? I would not mind subscribing to this section I just want to know how many indicators there are and maybe what type(purpose) they are.

Reason: