Profit/Loss - 221/3 - page 5

Hi Kurka! I'm just create tne new thread in other forum http://@@@.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=10615

Visit this link maby they help you.Regards

Kurka Fund:
Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving...

KurkaTrader is allot more active as an EA than as a manual system. It looks like it is opening positions correctly. A few more issues to iron out...

1...It is only going long. ( cannot figure this out )

2...Needs a trailing stop. ( would like to use one that "Locks in Profit" after a certian amount of pips.)

3...Needs Exit signals. Just the reverse of entry signals... it is much more profitable when it exits on a signal rather than a take profit or stop loss.

218% is not all that bad for a month, but it can be better.

Hi I think we must change the MM becouse if account <100000 the lot allways =1.

Where are fron 218% ?

AdamDuritz99:
How did you get the data into a text file?

Hi Adam,

I copied the information from an MT4 report that I saved on my desktop and pasted it into a .txt file and uploaded here. I would have just posted the MT4

report however it has too many other trades from different EA's I am testing.

Forgot to mention!

Forgot to show that the EA also shorted the usd/chf, usd/jpy in a total of 78

trades of which 5 were losses.

Files:

The link is no good.... Says that thread has been moved or deleted.

Oligarh:
Hi Kurka! I'm just create tne new thread in other forum http://@@@.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=10615 Visit this link maby they help you.Regards

Kurka Fund, Thank you for sharing this method. I am looking at the "inputs" within the EA but I don't see where LOTS are located for increasing lots nor decreasing the number of lots used. Could you direct me please to where that is at within inputs? Thank you, Goldensight

Lots are calculated as follows..

Risk * AccountFreeMargin * Sum(Trend_Strength 1 - 6)

Takes large positions if Trend 6 is true and small positions if trend 1 is true.

You have to be carefull, if you risk 20% of your account and the sum of trend 1 - 6 is 5. then you will open a position with 100% of your free margin. I suggest using the default settings. the max position will be 70% of Free margin which sounds scary but I have never had a bad trade when trend 6 is true.

goldensight:
Kurka Fund, Thank you for sharing this method. I am looking at the "inputs" within the EA but I don't see where LOTS are located for increasing lots nor decreasing the number of lots used. Could you direct me please to where that is at within inputs? Thank you, Goldensight

Hi Kurka,

I have tested on a demo account yesterday and have attached the statement. I have only realised now that you work on a 5M TF but I have used it on a 1H TF (so I had a loss in HighTrend!)

Anyway, your system looks interesting and I will test it next week on a demo account with different TF and the default settings.

Btw, do you use the default settings on all pairs or do you adjust them depending on the pair?

Thanks.

Guiom

Files:

Thanks for taking the time to explain this, much obliged. Are we testing the EA on a 5 minute chart? If I understand your reply below correctly the only thing that I need to look at within "inputs" in order to change lots would be to look at the first setting which is RISK, is that correct? The default appears to be .2 Are you stating the the RISK we use will be anywhere betwen .1 -- .6 and .6 being the riskiest? Or should I be looking at Trend_Strength_1 thru Trend_Strength_6 ? The default settings for those are

Trend_Strength 1 .25

Strength 2 .25

Strength 3 .5

Strength 4 .5

Strength 5 1.0

Strength 6 1.0

The combined total of the above added up is 3.5, so is that the risk you are referring to? In your reply you shared that "Takes large positions if Trend 6 is true and small positions if trend 1 is true" but I don't see a True or False to change? Thanks for clearing up my obvious confusion!

Kurka Fund:
Lots are calculated as follows..

Risk * AccountFreeMargin * Sum(Trend_Strength 1 - 6)

Takes large positions if Trend 6 is true and small positions if trend 1 is true.

You have to be carefull, if you risk 20% of your account and the sum of trend 1 - 6 is 5. then you will open a position with 100% of your free margin. I suggest using the default settings. the max position will be 70% of Free margin which sounds scary but I have never had a bad trade when trend 6 is true.

Kurka Fund:
The link is no good.... Says that thread has been moved or deleted.

A moderator deleted this branch and said, what only you can publish the system. I think it will be useful to open a theme on a that forum, there people will help also. With kind regards.

Reason: