PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 35

nix:

I suggest that hedging should be performed in a separate (third) pseudo thread. This is also what I'm currently working on and I'm very close to success. It is easy to setup a hedge (exact opposite) order - the tricky part is to have an exit procedure (this is what I meant in my last post).

I will keep you posted. I should find some more free time during the weekend to catch up on my project, so I'll let you know how this turns out.

If anyone here has some suggestions on hedging, please let me know. The coding part is easy.

You are exactly right. The hedge needs to be seperate from long and short pseudo thread.

Here is the exit I imagine. once the hedge # is reached, it hedges the open positions, with the same amount of lots as the open positions(already in pacmanJr) With seperate t/p, s/l and trail settings. The hedge does not need to pyrimid. And the hedge cannot get hedged.

Once it is set up like this some test exits can be set in place.

If you can do this, and want to, I'll send you pacmanJr_gbp$ and you can impliment it in there. Thats the one making the most money . And most diverse ea for different pairs.

thanks

DAve

nix:
"Bipolar" EAs don't use "pseudo-hedging", they simply utilize all entry signals and that is why accurate entry conditions are so important. What bipolars do is break up the entry/exit engine into to "pseudo-threads". Each "pseudo-thread" (one for BUY signals and one for SELL signals) takes the adequate signals and manages them to the END (literally). Sometimes (mostly by coincidence) they hedge each other and prevent large equity drawdowns common to all exponential progressions.

I suggest that hedging should be performed in a separate (third) pseudo thread. This is also what I'm currently working on and I'm very close to success. It is easy to setup a hedge (exact opposite) order - the tricky part is to have an exit procedure (this is what I meant in my last post).

I will keep you posted. I should find some more free time during the weekend to catch up on my project, so I'll let you know how this turns out.

If anyone here has some suggestions on hedging, please let me know. The coding part is easy.

I only bring up the pseudo-hedging because I recently saw goblin bipolar enter in the wrong side of the trend with BOTH "pseudo-threads' on 4 out of 4 currencies! BIG drawdown....

ryanklefas:
I only bring up the pseudo-hedging because I recently saw goblin bipolar enter in the wrong side of the trend with BOTH "pseudo-threads' on 4 out of 4 currencies! BIG drawdown....

Bipoler enters on the direction of jrsx. Unless you use conservitive trand signals. It don't care whtch way the trend is.

Neither do I for that matter. Trend is a matter of perspective on witch chart your looking at. There are trends, with in trends.But thats another discussion for another thread.

Its almost random entry. Taking signals on the m15 chart. This is why I made pacman family, with more accurate entry signals. And also why I made its own thread.

don't get me wrong I still like bipoler for its aggressiveness. But you must be very carefull with it and only run safe pairs like euro$ and $ cad.

I made PacManJr_gbp$ to be aggressive since the others were more conservative. But still keeping accurate signals with 75% win rate on live account.

Thanks

Dave

Sorry if this question was already answered earlier. I just saw this thread and wish to get to the most recent version. In the first post I see a zip file with many versions of the pacman EA.

Please point out the last version thus far so I can try testing it.

TIA

xxDavidxSxx:
You are exactly right. The hedge needs to be seperate from long and short pseudo thread.

Here is the exit I imagine. once the hedge # is reached, it hedges the open positions, with the same amount of lots as the open positions(already in pacmanJr) With seperate t/p, s/l and trail settings. The hedge does not need to pyrimid. And the hedge cannot get hedged.

Once it is set up like this some test exits can be set in place.

If you can do this, and want to, I'll send you pacmanJr_gbp$ and you can impliment it in there. Thats the one making the most money . And most diverse ea for different pairs.

thanks

DAve

I already have this implemented. The rules for the hedge thread are very similar to the ones you outlined. The most important one is of course that a hedge should not be hedged. It still needs some fine tunning, but it already came out nicely (without loss) out of long 400+ pip dives on EURJPY (on backtesting)

(

nix:
I already have this implemented. The rules for the hedge thread are very similar to the ones you outlined. The most important one is of course that a hedge should not be hedged. It still needs some fine tunning, but it already came out nicely (without loss) out of long 400+ pip dives on EURJPY (on backtesting) (

in pacmanjr_gbp$?

xxDavidxSxx:
in pacmanjr_gbp$?

Yes, but it still needs some testing (might be a coincidence). I will run this on a demo account attached to 1H EURJPY for the week and see what happens.

Do you have any suggestions regarding any other currency pairs I should test the hedge with?

steinitz:
Sorry if this question was already answered earlier. I just saw this thread and wish to get to the most recent version. In the first post I see a zip file with many versions of the pacman EA.

Please point out the last version thus far so I can try testing it.

TIA

Hi Tia,

first post is up to date with all the latest versions released by me.

Use defaults too.

Dave

nix:
Yes, but it still needs some testing (might be a coincidence). I will run this on a demo account attached to 1H EURJPY for the week and see what happens. Do you have any suggestions regarding any other currency pairs I should test the hedge with?

I test my hedging on ausie$. It likes to break my ea's back.

Dave

For some reason my PacManJr GBP$ says no trade day. so I put all the NotradeDay 1-4 to 0 but still says that ??

Reason: