Trading strategies without StopLoss - page 10

Rustam Eivazov: The presence of SL in almost any trading strategy is mandatory! SL should be set only for real levels!!!

Is this what you were told during your training at your brokerage company?

After the SL has been triggered, should I just re-enter the market and set the SL in the same place?

Igor Yeremenko:

Is this what you were told in your DC training?

After the SL is triggered you just need to re-enter the market and set the SL in the same place?

Of course not. It's much more fun to wait for a position to close on a stopout.

Yury Kirillov:

>>I'm sorry but if we have outcomes of 3 3 3 -10 3 3 3 -10 3 3 3 -10... for example we have a negative MO but we can get a positive MO at these stats. it's just an example

1. Show on your sequence how it works.

2. Show on sequences with shifted start (because it is not known a priori at which point in time your MM strategy will start):

3 3 3 -10 3 3 -10 3 3 3 -10...

3 3 -10 3 3 -10 3 3 3 -10...

3 -10 3 3 -10 3 3 3 -10...

-10 3 3 -10 3 3 3 -10...

3 3 -10 3 3 3 -10...

3 -10 3 3 3 -10...

-10 3 3 3 -10...

etc.

How many of these sequences will give a positive result?

What will be the average of all the results?

Yuri good day, I misspelled one triplet there but its not the point, if we get a certain statistics of outcomes we further know when to trade and when not to

I don't like moose and I can't cook them either))))

Andrey Dik:
Of course not. It's much more fun to wait for a position to close on a stop out.
Why stop out when you can, for example, wait for the reverse signal of the indicator (for those TS, where they are used)?

If you stand against a trend, you still have to close. The main problem is how to determine how long this trend will last.

From recent practice: I tried to average against one of these trends, and accumulated a large minus. I did not hold it, closed and went against the trend with big lot to gain back losses. And within 2 minutes the trend reverses.... As a result, there were losses in both cases. And sometimes you wait and wait and wait for huge losses, up to Stop Out.

How do I know when it is time to stop losses or when I can wait and hope for a reversal?

elibrarius:

If you stand against a trend, you still have to close. The main problem is how to determine how long this trend will last.

From recent practice: I tried to average against one of these trends, and accumulated a large minus. I did not hold it, closed and went against the trend with big lot to gain back losses. And within 2 minutes the trend reverses.... As a result, there were losses in both cases. And sometimes you wait and wait and wait for huge losses, up to Stop Out.

How do I know when it is time to stop losses or when I can wait and hope for a reversal?

Probably, it is necessary to predict the duration of the trend, typical to the instrument, based on the history.
Statistics to the rescue!

Yury Kirillov:
Probably one should predict the duration of a trend characteristic of a given instrument on the basis of history
Predicting random processes is a thankless task, what has already happened in history will not happen again

Igor Yeremenko:
Predicting random processes is a thankless task, what has already happened in history will not happen again.
In forex, not random processes, but chaotic ones. Randomness is a value that does not depend on anything. Chaoticness depends on many causes. And history in forex repeats itself day after day. Only it is not the height and duration of trends and flops.

Alexand-dr:
In forex, not random processes, but chaotic. Randomness is a value that does not depend on anything. Chaotic is a value depending on many causes. And history in forex repeats itself day after day. Only it is not the height and duration of trends and flops.

1. There are no accidents.

2 History does not repeat itself, that's what history is.

3. Tell the market makers about chaos.

Reason: