Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 8

xxDavidxSxx:
I think its doing what I am doing now. Accept one thing. I manually close all open orders when equity is up 1-3k, and start fresh.

On back tests it keeps pushing orders further apart. Is there any way you can set it to close all open orders when equity increases a certian % from where it was when you started it? Then it resets and starts fresh. That stradigy manual or automated is the key to this working and being as close to a holy grail as I have ever seen.

over back test trades got pushed 500+ pips apart between buys and sells. but the equity line never dropped more than 1k below initial 5k deposit. and closed at -700$. So trading the other direction keeps the equity fluctuating around break even. +/- 1k and in forward tests waching the price run 200+ pips against me I still closed with 1-2.5k in equity growth each time I reset it.

I am going to run this version side by side with the dual chart set up I have been running.

great job.

Dave

Cool...so is it safe to say then that mechanically, this EA is doing pretty much what you're doing manually.....and now we need to automate some type of equity ceiling? If so, that's easy to do.

i visually backtested the latest Goblin..

why do i have buy orders at 0.1, 0.1, 0.1 ( not double ? ) then sell orders double 0.1, 0.2, 0.4

is this what you call fib progression?

yes i think equity ceiling is very good insertion to this EA. Or can you make equity target? we can set daily target, once it reaches target, EA will automatically OFF

abrs70:

why do i have buy orders at 0.1, 0.1, 0.1 ( not double ? ) then sell orders double 0.1, 0.2, 0.4

yes i think equity ceiling is very good insertion to this EA. Or can you make equity target? we can set daily target, once it reaches target, EA will automatically OFF

Equity target is a good idea. Maybe David can give us an algorithm. I'll check into what you reported on the weird buy order lot sizes.

bluto and friends

hey gang i am new here. i have read through most of the posts on the goblin thread and this thread.

i'd like to first thank bluto for sharing and properly collaborating with a lot of different folks. most of the time it doesn't work out well but IMHO bluto has managed to take a lot of different ideas and put them to work properly. congrats bluto and congrats to the thread.

i had a question i hope could be answered.

first, what is the proper equity requirement to trade this system. i've read in past martingale-like posts that for each .01 pip sequence 2.5k is needed.. so is it safe to assume that bipolar needs 5k equity per pair? i've read janus's suggestions for equity but they seem IMO ultra-conservative.

also... on the goblin thread i'm seeing some weekly reports that are stating negative margin. particularly on the goblinfibo testing. are these EAs blowing real accounts or is this simply caused by just wanting to test it and not worrying about margin on demo accounts.

thanks. and thanks to bluto for creating, what looks to be, an almost complete EA package.

thanks

abrs70:

I introduced a darned bug when I added that Fibo code. The zip on the main page is updated with the fixed EA. Here it is if you want to re-test.

hi ,bluto

equity ceiling is good idea, but even if to search a certain value % of ceiling equity, what do you think to control it using trailing stop ?

giapel

snarlZnPop:
hey gang i am new here. i have read through most of the posts on the goblin thread and this thread.

i'd like to first thank bluto for sharing and properly collaborating with a lot of different folks. most of the time it doesn't work out well but IMHO bluto has managed to take a lot of different ideas and put them to work properly. congrats bluto and congrats to the thread.

i had a question i hope could be answered.

first, what is the proper equity requirement to trade this system. i've read in past martingale-like posts that for each .01 pip sequence 2.5k is needed.. so is it safe to assume that bipolar needs 5k equity per pair? i've read janus's suggestions for equity but they seem IMO ultra-conservative.

also... on the goblin thread i'm seeing some weekly reports that are stating negative margin. particularly on the goblinfibo testing. are these EAs blowing real accounts or is this simply caused by just wanting to test it and not worrying about margin on demo accounts.

thanks. and thanks to bluto for creating, what looks to be, an almost complete EA package.

thanks

with hedging method, there should not be blowing account.... i think its getting perfect

bluto:
I introduced a darned bug when I added that Fibo code. The zip on the main page is updated with the fixed EA. Here it is if you want to re-test.

thanks dude

The old man settings

Bluto and other developers,

i think you all are doing a great job in getting this EA moving in the right direction.

Beeing me, beeing old, i am the ultra conservative man, since i saw too many accounts blow up in live trading, which had great backtest and forward test results.

So whenever i start with a trading system, i use a very conservative money management.Increasing lotsize is easier in real accounts, than decreasing at a point close to a margin call.Who had thought that several accounts in the Terminator thread will get killed on that early december move?

In the past few weeks markets have been good to EA`s like Terminator, but this can change quick come 2007.

I have run Goblin and Goblin Fibonacci on my live accounts and i have increased lotsize last week, resulting in a 42% higher weekly profit( i am running live since 21 weeks, starting with 10point3 first).So far it looks very promising, since the original desire(at least mine) was to get away from these ultra conservative equity settings.

Watching the trading and Davids posts, i have also manually added a second direction trade to hedge, which has proven to be the right step.

Now i will test the Goblin Bipolar EA with Fibonacci settings next week and it should give a peace of mind to capture higher profits with lower equity.

If all runs well, here was my original list to accomplish:

1.get away from positive swap only directional trades(so far encouraging)

"Folks remember that there are "no swap" accounts available!"

2.lower account equity and/or increase initial starting lotsize for higher profits(very encouraging)

3.Make consistent money in strong trends and overcome the frustration, that the Ea got it wrong in the first place, therefore running a high margin and a low profit until exit(very encouraging results on Fibonacci with long/short)

4.Create setting files for all pairs to adopt the EA to different volatility(not started)

5.Be able to trade GBP pairs(started GBP/CHF, but results are influenced by strong GBP uptrend, wait to see)

6.Build active EA controled money management features for the total account(Bluto+david, great thinking).So far i had to do that manually.

All of you a great christmas weekend and a very big "thanks" for all contributions to this thread.

Janus

I just wanted to say thanks once again to Bluto and everyones ideas hope we get this thing to work like everyone wants. I do have a question on the pound dollar of Fri I have three sell orders active and no buys. Well at the end of the day when it turned back around should it have put in a buy order on the pound 15min TF. Looks like it may have picked up 15-20 pips their. Thanks Jay

Reason: