XP Moving Average! - page 21

Question

Is it possible that the problem it`s not the xp_ma indicator, that the problem can be the indicators that works with it?

I ask this because I was playing with JMA and T3MA on 30 min charts, and at some moment T3MA didn`t paint the line for the next 2 candles, them I swich time frames and it paints the line at those 2 last candles whem I came back to 30 min chart.

I don`t know anything of programing but as Codersguro told us that we have to load this 2 indicators to let xp_ma work, that`s why I ask this question.

Regards

PartyPips

Some Pictures

Attached you will find chart pictures to let you see what I did say before.

The line with Light Salmon color it`s the JMA indicator (looks like no problems)

The line with Aqua color it`s the T3MA indicator (see that the following candles it`s no painting the line)

Hope this may help

PartyPips

codersguru:
XP Moving Average:

I am getting some very strange behaviour of SELL arrows. Check the screenshoot please:

As you can see the RED arrows look just fine, they are placed in distance from the actual xpma. The BLUE (Turquoise, in my case) arrows are placed right across the xpma.

Now, the TWO smallish things I changed in the xpma are:

1. Arrow codes:

int UpArrowCode = 241;

int DownArrowCode = 242;[/CODE]

2. Sell arrow color:

[CODE]color DownArrowColor = Turquoise;

That's it basically. The version of xpma I am using is the latest one:

//Version: 5 //Time: Sunday, November 16, 2006

Is there any chance this can be fixed, since it is a little bit annoying/strange?

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

P.S. Again and again, thanks so much for all your contributions and work, codersguru

P.P.S. The indicator version in the first post of this thread is different from the one at your homepage. Homepage has NEWER and this thread OLDER one. Not good. Might get some people confused (using older ver) ; )

PartyPips:
Hello all.

Fantaenergy: Until now I didn`t try on 1Min charts, I will look to it as alternative; I will multiply fxnewbie set ups (30 min charts) by 30 to see how it works.

Fewnewbie: Did you note how the indicator repaints? Did you see how it works during ranging moments (maybe it gave you a signal to enter and them it disapear after you turn off / on your charts)?

Just hope that somebody can fix the repaint problem.

See you guys.

Partypips

No Partipips, i didnt.

Maybe coz the way i use this, do not depend only in the change of collor of ONE ma. 3 of them must be aligned , plus other indicators. I allways wait for the close of the candle,too (i still use only xpma v.2) coz if candle is not closed, indicator can change collor.

Partypips:

I also notice from your charts, you are using other versions of xpma with a similar setup i use. I try new versions of xpma too (xpma v.4) but i realize it doesent work well with that set up. So, i turn back and i only use XPma V.2 with supertrend_audible_alert indicator that give me the alert i need.

Thanks FXnewbie for your coments.

I`m forwarding teting V2 and has the same problem. Please look at your 30 min charts and at the moment that the indicator change color and the candle close, swich time frames to see if your indicator modifies the color.

I`m using Interbankfx as my brooker, what brooker are you using?

Regards,

PartyPips

PartyPips:
Thanks FXnewbie for your coments.

I`m forwarding teting V2 and has the same problem. Please look at your 30 min charts and at the moment that the indicator change color and the candle close, swich time frames to see if your indicator modifies the color.

I`m using Interbankfx as my brooker, what brooker are you using?

Regards,

PartyPips

I dont see any modification, maybe coz in this moment my MAs are very close from each other, but i will keep cheking.

I am using FXDD charting, but i dont know if thats the problem. Maybe CODERSGURU can help us to clarify this ???

Confused

Hi Guys,

Im kinda new here...and I've been trying to follow this thread, unfortunately at the moment Im lost...

Can someone please explain to me what is going on.... Any form of help would be greatly appreciated

I would like to know what the current version is...

What does the indicator do?

How can I identify the signal?

xlr8:
Hi Guys,

Im kinda new here...and I've been trying to follow this thread, unfortunately at the moment Im lost...

Can someone please explain to me what is going on.... Any form of help would be greatly appreciated

I would like to know what the current version is...

What does the indicator do?

How can I identify the signal?

Hi xlr8 !

Indicator is very good showing visually the direction of the trend. Actually we are here working to find the best setup for it, and Codersguru is developing new versions to improve it with the suggestions of the forum members. He is very kind and patient. Tks, Guru.

Current version is V.4 and Codersguru also develop an Ea. that other members here are cheking and finding best setups for it.

You can look at Codersguru web place.

Regards

Diam0nd:

I am wondering how do you help yourself with this indicator. Where do you place order and how to know when to exit it?

Thanks,

Vince

Reason: