XP Moving Average! - page 25

Hello All... and thank you codersguru for sharing... this group of people would not exist without you... you are feeding us all... thanks...

I wanted to say I am newbie but... considering fxnewbie being here... I can only call myself fxbaby... and fxnewbie, I much appreciate you sharing with us your setup strategy... it's a great one...! I was first exposed to this way of thinking reading the BigT4X forum at Oanda... now I am aware about two minds working in a similar fashion... *smile*...

Codersguru, you asked for info on VIDYA... I do not know scripting/programing, but this is what I located on the net [this slide shows that Vidya may not be the best]...

also... here are a few other sites...

The Variable Moving Average is also known as the VIDYA Indicator...

http://www.fmlabs.com/reference/default.htm?url=VariableMA.htm

============

[...] Bill Heinz requested some Easy Language code for Dr. Tuschar Chande's "VIDYA" indicator. The indicator is described in Chapter 3 of Dr. Chande's book "The New Technical Trader". Basically, VIDYA is an adaptive exponential moving average. The adaptation speed is determined by market momentum, as measured by "AbsCMO", the absolute value of the Chande Momentum Oscillator.

First, create a user function called VIDYA, as follows...

http://trader.online.pl/ELZ/t-i-VIDYA.html

=============

[...] with the Vidya formula as the 'else'. Then at day N the indicator uses the (N-1) close for yesterday's data and takes much less time to stabilise.

Quite detailed Vidya function is here...

http://www.meta-formula.com/Metastock-Formulas-V.html

==============

Hop this will be of help...

So now I have on my computer: MetaTrader4, xpMA.mq4, T3MA.mq4, JMA.mq4 & HMA.mq4... still need to get the indicators that you are using fxnewbie... install everything... make it work and... go with my first demo trading...

I will keep you posted... and am counting on your help... -Thanks!

Files:
vidya.jpg  67 kb

i liked the xpMA indicator, and tried to make a change to add signals to a file along with sound alerts.

i could not, because i am not a meta programmer.

kindly guide on how to add signals to a file also alongside.

V9!

junglelion:
i liked the xpMA indicator, and tried to make a change to add signals to a file along with sound alerts.

i could not, because i am not a meta programmer.

kindly guide on how to add signals to a file also alongside.

Thanks you junglelion !

I'll add this in the new version!

PS: Who mis-ratetd the thread? anybody found it not useful to this degree?

EnkiJr:
Hello All... and thank you codersguru for sharing... this group of people would not exist without you... you are feeding us all... thanks...

I wanted to say I am newbie but... considering fxnewbie being here... I can only call myself fxbaby... and fxnewbie, I much appreciate you sharing with us your setup strategy... it's a great one...! I was first exposed to this way of thinking reading the BigT4X forum at Oanda... now I am aware about two minds working in a similar fashion... *smile*...

Codersguru, you asked for info on VIDYA... I do not know scripting/programing, but this is what I located on the net [this slide shows that Vidya may not be the best]...

also... here are a few other sites...

The Variable Moving Average is also known as the VIDYA Indicator...

http://www.fmlabs.com/reference/default.htm?url=VariableMA.htm

============

[...] Bill Heinz requested some Easy Language code for Dr. Tuschar Chande's "VIDYA" indicator. The indicator is described in Chapter 3 of Dr. Chande's book "The New Technical Trader". Basically, VIDYA is an adaptive exponential moving average. The adaptation speed is determined by market momentum, as measured by "AbsCMO", the absolute value of the Chande Momentum Oscillator.

First, create a user function called VIDYA, as follows...

http://trader.online.pl/ELZ/t-i-VIDYA.html

=============

[...] with the Vidya formula as the 'else'. Then at day N the indicator uses the (N-1) close for yesterday's data and takes much less time to stabilise.

Quite detailed Vidya function is here...

http://www.meta-formula.com/Metastock-Formulas-V.html

==============

Hop this will be of help...

So now I have on my computer: MetaTrader4, xpMA.mq4, T3MA.mq4, JMA.mq4 & HMA.mq4... still need to get the indicators that you are using fxnewbie... install everything... make it work and... go with my first demo trading...

I will keep you posted... and am counting on your help... -Thanks!

Hi Enkijr. !!

Tks. for your comments. I think that we the newbies are beginning to walk a road that experienced and skilled traders here allready know. So, we have to learn from them and take all the help and advice they can give to us. They lead the way. That doesent mean that we have to stop searching by our own. We have to do our own homework too.

I am glad you like my setup. Demo first until you know it well and get the "feeling" of it.

Some other friends send me PMs requesting indicators i use in that setting. They say that cant find xpma_v.2 Maybe Codersguru considered an older version and replaced for the new xpma_v4. Hope he doesent mind if i attach here.

I will allso attach supertrend audible alert. The aNina and HistStepma_Stoch you can find in the Catfx50 thread in this forum.

Please tell me later how the strategy performs, coz i am not a full time trader and i need your experiences trading it. Maybe we can find ways to improve it with the help of great programmers and traders here.

Regards,

Files:

codersguru:
Thanks you junglelion !

I'll add this in the new version!

PS: Who mis-ratetd the thread? anybody found it not useful to this degree?

I do know that all I need to do is fileopen and filewrite, but wish t0 do this as a module call, guide

a question here, is xpMA the same thing as T3 triple exponential moving average on marketiva charts ?

I tried this , but there is a problem

Alert(alert_msg);

handle=FileOpen("signals.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ';');

if(handle>0)

{

FileWrite(handle, alert_msg);

FileClose(handle);

}

LastAlert_1 = Bars;

return (1);

it overwrites the same line again and again,

secondly i want it to go in a text file not csv

suggest

Please answer post # 239

thanks

Please answer post # 237

thanks

Today recap: euro-us

+ 30 pips (TP hitted at 8:30 news)

- 10 pips (tight SL at 10:00 news )

I dont re-entered short .

Well, it seems that the sistem is better than the trader.

Anyway: +20 pips for today.

Does anybody else is trading with xpma ?

fxnewbie:
Today recap: euro-us

+ 30 pips (TP hitted at 8:30 news)

- 10 pips (tight SL at 10:00 news )

I dont re-entered short .

Well, it seems that the sistem is better than the trader.

Anyway: +20 pips for today.

Does anybody else is trading with xpma ?

Which version are you using nowadays?

Reason: