XP Moving Average! - page 15

The latest version of the indicator has settings

extern int MA_Period = 24

extern int MA_Type = MODE_TEMA

wherea the previous version had

MA 34

MODE_EMA

with the settings now the colour change is very late when the trend changes, anybody comment on this please?

I don't know yet what are the best settings/timeframes/pairs!

increase:
The latest version of the indicator has settings

extern int MA_Period = 24

extern int MA_Type = MODE_TEMA

wherea the previous version had

MA 34

MODE_EMA

with the settings now the colour change is very late when the trend changes, anybody comment on this please?

I created the xpMA Expert Advisor only to show you how to automate the xpMA Indicator!

I don't know yet what are the best settings/timeframes/pairs!

Maybe some members can share what settings they have found to be most effective!

increase:
Maybe some members can share what settings they have found to be most effective!

read the posts and you will find the settings i am using and what settings others are using

adrazz:
It's quite simple really, using the volumes indicator only take the buy or sell signal given by the XpMA version 4 (set at period 34 and MA type 1 step period 4) when the volumes has plenty of long grass, using fractals as your stop loss each time a fractal appears then move the stoploss staying in the trade untill 1. you are stopped out or 2. the XpMA changes colour.

these settings are what i am using, but instead of fractals for the stoploss I am using stop dog.

hello,

THX codersguru for this big work

+30

+30 pips ero-us

codersguru:
I created the xpMA Expert Advisor only to show you how to automate the xpMA Indicator! I don't know yet what are the best settings/timeframes/pairs!

I have a suggestion. I personally like that new ARROWS feature very much. However, is that possible to add an option to change arrows type. Because in my opinion, those arrows that are used now are ugly. Plain and simply. Again, dont want to offend anyone, but they look DOS to me.

I like those ones more:

So anyhow, an OPTION to change arrow types would be so so nice! If not, could you please tell me/us how to change them manually (in the code) to the ones on the screenshot.

Beforehand thankful,

Diam0nd.

I LOVE

I have a suggestion. I personally like that new ARROWS feature very much. However, is that possible to add an option to change arrows type. Because in my opinion, those arrows that are used now are ugly. Plain and simply. Again, dont want to offend anyone, but they look DOS to me.

So anyhow, an OPTION to change arrow types would be so so nice! If not, could you please tell me/us how to change them manually (in the code) to the ones on the screenshot.

Beforehand thankful,

Diam0nd.

Have a look at this one

Files:
xpma.mq4  11 kb

Diam0nd:

I like those ones more:

Beforehand thankful,

Diam0nd.

I LOVE

To change the Arrow you have to change the value of these lines:

int UpArrowCode = 233;

int DownArrowCode = 234;

I didn't make them external variables to simplify the iCustomcalling to the xpMA!

Reason: