PolyFitScalper - page 37

Maximum number of Orders are 25

You can set for less, to 5 for example.

Theoretically open upto 505 lots

Not.

Because LossRatio in new settings is 0.

Read some discussion about LossRatio.

I mean - EA (if trades are losing) - will close them.

In case of LossRatio = 1000 so it may be floating (opened for many many days).

So, it is not 505 lots. Because trades can be closed with losse or profit on bands.

Read this examples:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page24

and finally closed:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page24

The new settings will make this EA function for complete period from ...

You can set it for yourself as I described above.

Stop Loss = 45

In case of martingale - not.

Read some discussion few pages back about stop loss.

This EA (in case of martingale) - is having different exit.

What is the difference between improved 1.59 with new settings?

- 1.59 is improved version;

- new settings is having LossRatio = 0 (it means: this version is having some reasonable stop loss value).

- Reasonable/corrected MaxRisk value.

It is better to have small loss than to have few open trades floating openedly for many days or weeks, right?

Settings

NewDigital,

As I can understand from your previous posts, there is a correlation between time schedule for trading, LossRatio and StopLoss.

If scheduleMode=0, the EA will trade for entire time period...so one should use StopLoss=45 (or any convenient no.) and LossRatio=0 (or any convenient no.) .

If scheduleMode=1, the EA will trade only during the periods specified in the text file. Since the market is less volatile during these periods, one can use stoploss = 0 and LossRatio = 1000 (the polyfit bands are multiplied with this number and expanded for the purpose of Stop Loss only, if price is outside this expanded band, position is closed).

Please correct me.

Thanks and Regards,

Umesh

No.

- if scheduleMode=1 so EA will use text file (it should be in files folder) for time to start and stop trading.

- if scheduleMode=0 so EA will use the settings/parameters in EA's input (see some post above):

So, for FXCM (GMT +1):

StartHour=18

StartMinute=15

EndHour=5

EndMinute=45

MonStartHour=0

MonStartMinute=15

FriEndHour=5

FriEndMinute=45

LossRatio. Read some posts about it as it was asked 2 time. LossRatio is something with exit.

StopLoss is not used in martingale as simple value in EA's settings. In martingale settings - the trades are closed in profit, or by LossRatio (in loss).

Thanks

Thanks NewDigital for patiently explaining all this...I think I understood your point now....Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Umesh

After Restart?

Hi

Yesterday night I was running the EA with new settings in post 142 on my computer, when I woke up in the morning I noticed that my metatrader had crashed (this could be because of any reason) in the night. I restarted metatrader and by luck I found my net position was in positive so I manually closed all my trades in profit.

I just wanted to know If I am running this EA on my system and somehow Metatrader or Computer crashes and after sometime when I restart the system will the EA keep track of the open trades or it will forget about them and start afresh?

It can not forget. Because there is stop loss coded inside this EA so the positions will be closed anyway.

Are you talking about old setting that the positions were opened for the long time? It was nothing with "forget". It was the case when martingale feature stopped but stop loss as LossRatio = 1000 was too big by value in old settings.

In new settings: LossRatio = 0 so the positions will be closed anyway.

After Restart?

NewDigital,

My concern is if the EA restarts what will happen after restarting.

Lets say I have two open positions of 0.01 and 0.02 lots in a particular currency pair and

If there is no restart, the EA will continue and either close these trade accordingly or open new positions for martingal ing them.

but if the system restarts:

Please suggest what this EA will do

1. The EA will not martingale those open positions but will keep track of these open positions for Stop Loss and Profit Booking.

2. The EA will not martingale those positions but will keep track of these open positions for Stop Loss only.

3. The EA will start from the point it closed and do every thing it would have done as if no restart has happened.

or

4. Any other action?

Regards

Umesh

EA will martingale and will process those orders.

I do not know why you are asking ...

I explained in my last posts ...

Thanks

Thanks newdigital...sorry for troubling you

I was talking about new settings and improved 1.59.

In old settings and with other versions - the situation may be different. And as I said - it is nothing with restarting.