Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 8

Hendrick,

I've been running your contest EA for several days now and I understand that the 'Prefsettings' must be set to True but I have not seen any trades with 3 different pairs. The only trades I have seen are with USDJPY which I set manually with settings you previously posted.

Alan

AlanD:
Hendrick,

I've been running your contest EA for several days now and I understand that the 'Prefsettings' must be set to True but I have not seen any trades with 3 different pairs. The only trades I have seen are with USDJPY which I set manually with settings you previously posted.

Alan

Alan,

Please post your statement.

SloForeX:
So let's see what phoenix can do, or what can't. So the author suggest that we used a JPY pairs right?

Yes, let's see what you can do with Phoenix! I'm the author and my name is Hendrick. Please post your statements regular in this thread.

Hendrick:
Yes, let's see what you can do with Phoenix! I'm the author and my name is Hendrick. Please post your statements regular in this thread.

I'm sorry for my spam . I know who you are and I even know that you are author, so for now Congratulations...

My results,

Hi all,

I like to post my results for the last two weeks.

Congrad Hendriek for your position in the contest and a very vibrant thread. I hope every thing workout for you and this EA.

I will help with more testing in the coming days on two more accounts with different brokers.

Let me know if there is something particular that need more testing or special attention.

Good luck,

Ross.

Files:

Forward testing

continuing testing with no changes.

Hendrick

Any advice regarding closure for the weekend will be appreciated.

John

Files:
phoenix3.htm  15 kb
phoenix3.gif  5 kb

oh, my time zone, Beijing, People's Republic of China

my time here is Oct 12th 07:40 AM

and GMT time is Oct 11th 23:38 PM

and New York time is Oct 11th 18:39 PM

Statement as of Oct 11, 2006 NY close.

EUR/USD that opened on 10/09/2006 closed today with a negative. No other trades closed for the day.

Files:

New settings EU/US

I had some time today to have a more closer look at this EA. I like to share my findings(new settings).

What I look for in a EA is a 1)more closer profit loss ratio

Total net profit 3660.00 Gross profit 8652.00 Gross loss -4992.00

2) lowest number of loss trades 3)of course a low stop loss.

by increasing the stop loss on this EA (only for EU/US for now) to 104 and increase in time frame to H4, I have been able to achieve perhaps a more reliable setting for this EA.

Profit trades (% of total)------37 (82.22%)

Loss trades (% of total)----- 8 (17.78%)

my next favorite setting for this EA is standard setting on H1 time frame.

Ross.

payal:
Statement as of Oct 11, 2006 NY close. EUR/USD that opened on 10/09/2006 closed today with a negative. No other trades closed for the day.

yeah,it seem the system doesn't trade well upon EURUSD in past 3 days,although backtest result is good, and it does trade well upon USDJPY,although backtest result is not that good.may be because short of history data? let's see what happen in 1 month.

and definitely i agree with hendrick, i will not post any useless posts

Reason: