Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 3

tururo:
I am trialing on a live mini-account, as well as a demo. So far no trades opened live, but plenty opened in the demo. Any ideas anyone?

Hi Tururo,

Some brokers add a "m" to their pairs if you have a mini-account with them. So check if this is true in your case and if so you have to change the code:

Eg. change:

if(Symbol() == "USDJPY")

to:

if(Symbol() == "USDJPYm")

and so on.

pzh:
Hello hendrick

At first thanks for your great job .

I am trying to test your expert by its defulte settings . but it dont open any positin .

I used : 15M TF , PrefSettings= true , EURUSD and USDJPY .

Couldnt find any note in your first post to solve this

Where is the problem ?

Thanks

PZH

Look at my answer to the last post of Tuturo. Maybe you have the same problem.

sourour:
please tell me

if i want to trade with the setting you put it shall i make prefsetting=false??

or make it true???

if i make it true i dont need to add any settings

If you want to use it on a demo or live account you should set PrefSettings=true.

New version 4_2_02

New version Phoenix (4_2_02) in first post. Fixed a problem with certain micro-accounts where the broker puts a "m" behind the pairs (so USDJPYm instead of USDJPY).

Hendrick:
Hi Tururo,

Some brokers add a "m" to their pairs if you have a mini-account with them. So check if this is true in your case and if so you have to change the code:

Eg. change:

if(Symbol() == "USDJPY")

to:

if(Symbol() == "USDJPYm")

and so on.

Ah yes, that would be it. I should've known that.

Forward Test

Forward test results. A couple of the earlier low value trades do not belong.

First day

Short recap: Phoenix 4.2 first day with new settings. Not too bad I think. Your results should the same!

The meaning of MaximumRisk

There's a setting in Phoenix called MaximumRisk. What's the meaning of this parameter? It's a parameter used by the Money Management function. I think I can show the effects best by two examples:

USDJPY from 2006.3.22 to 2006.9.22 with MaximumRisk=0.05 and with MaximumRisk=0.5.

Well, look at the results. If you really have confidence in an EA and you want to be rich in 6 months....!

But remember, setting the MaximumRisk is at your own risk!!

Files:

Now i know why the EA open 0.9lots even i set the 0.1lot.Its base on the MaximumRisk setting.The default is MaximumRisk = 0.3

To hendrick :

What is the suitable MaximumRisk setting if we start with the acc bal $3k.

Can i know the MaximumRisk setting that you use for $10k acc in the Championship Automated Trade

Thanks

Here is my today statement....i'm testing only USDJPY, GBPJPY and EURJPY on interbank platform....

MM = false with lots = 1 (interbank 1 lot = 0.1 lot for the other brokers....)

This week starts very good!!!!

Reason: