Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 13

Strategy Tester

Can someone tell me how to work the strategy tester in Metatrader. When I run it on anything the report comes up with all zero's. What am I missing? Thanks.

Kevin

Bad Week

Can Any One

tell me why the past week was (very bad),(smaaaaal profit),(very slow)

i hope the next week be better

sourour

Can someone explain to me the following statement under current settings setup?

When PrefSettings=true, Phoenix will use the settings

that are coded in the EA itself. You have to use this

setting if you want to do a forward test on your demoaccount

or if you want to go live. For testing you have

to set PrefSettings=false. In that case you have to set

a value to the following settings:

Does this mean to forward test you can only use the default preferred settings and not your custom optimized settings but the results will be identical?

Do I need to hard code my custom settings into the expert itself if I plan to forward test it or use in live account?

yeoeleven:
Closed down the EA for the weekend that accounts for the dip at the end of the gif.

A good result from my viewpoint and showing a net profit of $857 for the week.

I have downloaded the latest copy from post #1 and will have it set just prior to Monday morning.

I am however confused about the Phoenix Account Booster is this a new EA that will be available before Monday or is it the new settings from the latest EA. If it is still to come should it be used just on those pairs mentioned and on a seperate account or added to those pairs in the overall testing.

John

Hi John,

Phoenix Booster is kind of an experiment. It's not mend to replace Phoenix 4.2. Nice results btw!

HerbertH:
Hendrick,

Again a feature I recognise; how often have I watched in horror how opposite pairs start trading in the same direction!

Would it however be an idea to NOT trade the correlating pair(s) if they do not agree with the (opposite) direction of their leading pair?

In that case only the leading pair should start trading I think.

Thanks for all your work Hendrick

Hey Herbert,

I think I will test both scenario's. Will make an option in Phoenix Booster to choose between these two scenario's. Will be interesting to test these two.

Kaper:
Can someone tell me how to work the strategy tester in Metatrader. When I run it on anything the report comes up with all zero's. What am I missing? Thanks. Kevin

Hi Kevin,

When you're back testing, use PrefSettings=false and MM=false. After that you have to set the parameters in your Stratgey Tester. You can find the parameters I mean in the code with every pair.

ericbach:
Can someone explain to me the following statement under current settings setup?

When PrefSettings=true, Phoenix will use the settings

that are coded in the EA itself. You have to use this

setting if you want to do a forward test on your demoaccount

or if you want to go live. For testing you have

to set PrefSettings=false. In that case you have to set

a value to the following settings:

Does this mean to forward test you can only use the default preferred settings and not your custom optimized settings but the results will be identical?

If you want to use your own settings for forward testing you can change that in the code and use PrefSettings=true or use PrefSettings=false and

set the parameters for every pair in the EA that's attached to your chart.

fikko:
Hi Hendrick,

Just a thought, for example we trade:

SELL - GBPJPY 1 Lot

It means

1 Lot BUY EURCHF,

1 Lot SELL CHFJPY

1 Lot BUY EURGBP

Then it means with GBPJPY you just use 1 Lot, and for correlation, you need 3Lots.

So I guess you have to elimiate one / two currencies which has wrong direction and then take the only profitable one or two most profitable.

Btw, to add performance to the EA, will you cosider GBP/JPY trend going up so only trade buy? GBP is much more stronger currency than JPY, and I think it is going up for long.

I will help you for forward test...

Thank you for your hard work!!

It's allways very difficult to decide if a trade is going in the wrong direction. It can go several times up and down before it hits the TP.

Phoenix is a counter-trend EA so it doesn't take trends in account.

Reason: