Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 48

whay should it be "friendly"?

SloForeX:
This is only a friendly warning for you.

Why should it be "Friendly"? I don't use Ebay....but if i were you ....i will forward some excerpts of this thread to Ebay and stop him before he even mades it available.

This is a friendly reply to u.

FxSol uses MT4

scout:
this morning i download the phoenix 5 and make a backtest on USDJPY. Excellent result!! I found that if CloseAfterHours = 0(when i open it,results look bad),SecondTrade is open, ThirdTrade is closed, the results look best, and it doubles the benefits of old version Phoenix 4.02.

Please look at my test report below

please note: the result of classic mode is totally same as result of phoenix 4.02 backtest and same as result of my forward test of phoenix 4.02 during last month. it means my data of USDJPY is totally correct.

and last week i open a new 250$ live account of FXSOL and begin trading with phoenix, and the account is 255$ now (could be 300$ but risky)

i can trust phoenix!!!

FxSol uses MT4?

eooojj:
FxSol uses MT4?

manuel operation,hehe. it seems that only fxdirectdealer support MetaTrader

vykhukholev.:
hallo mr hedrick it good to see phoneix 5. i waiting for many many days but i want to know if all bug fix and new enhances in ver5. also need param you use in contest so to make max profit setting doc in zip file. i have few happy trader give me good greeting on this EA and some euro so now i add to pip doctor suite and send out. pm me if you find bug or not work right setting so i send new doc out or if you find more high profit stuffs. good man hedrick.

You can do whatever you like with Phoenix. Although it's copyrighted I think you don't care at all about that. I hope you will be happy with it.

One more thing vykhukholev: for every human being comes the time that he or she has to learn the real meaning of Respect, Friendship and Cooperation. You will be no exception to this. Something tells me that you have to learn this the hard way. Life itself can be pretty rough sometimes to those that are not willing to learn. I wish you good luck.

thanks

Hendrick:
Hi salty, I will make another manual for Phoenix (today or tomorrow). I think you will find most of the answers to your questions in there.

Thanks buddy ... sorry to be asking so many questions, but I'd prefer the forward test to resemble reality as opposed to something that I make up myself. I kind of like to get it from the horses mouth, if you know what I mean.

New manual for Phoenix 5

Here the new manual for Phoenix 5. Have fun!

Number of Lots

Hendrick:
Hi Salty! Yes, I think your idea makes sense. Anyone else has opinion about this?

Dear Hendrick,

About the lot calculation for Money Management, I think if Phoenix run for USDJPY for risk 0.3 and GBPJPY for risk 0.3, then the trade amount for $10,000 account is 3 Lot for each. Currently Phoenix 5 doesn't open the same lot for second trade. It is true, it is not based on free margin.

But there is one thing should be taken into consideration is Leverage.

I copy and paste the code from Cyberia EA, which is actually quite good in determining number of lots open. You can place Phoenix into many Currencies, but perhaps only 2 order open at the same time. (SymbolCounts=2)

S = (AccountBalance()* Risk - AccountMargin()) * AccountLeverage() /

(SymbolsCount - OrdersTotal());

[/PHP]

The code is using OrderTotal(), however this may need to be changed, because Phoenix may open 5 trades for 1 currency!!

And I think you may need more "Risk" variables for each of classic, double trade and 123.

[PHP]

int CyberiaLots()

{

GetMarketInfo();

// Sum of the calculation

double S;

// Cost of the lot

double L;

// Lot quantity

double k;

// Cost of one pip

if( AutoLots == true )

{

if(SymbolsCount != OrdersTotal())

{

S = (AccountBalance()* Risk - AccountMargin()) * AccountLeverage() /

(SymbolsCount - OrdersTotal());

}

else

{

S = 0;

}

// We check, does currency appear to be EURUSD?

if(StringFind( Symbol(), "USD") == -1)

{

if(StringFind( Symbol(), "EUR") == -1)

{

S = 0;

}

else

{

S = S / iClose ("EURUSD", 0, 0);

if(StringFind( Symbol(), "EUR") != 0)

{

S /= Bid;

}

}

}

else

{

if(StringFind(Symbol(), "USD") != 0)

{

S /= Bid;

}

}

S /= ModeLotSize;

S -= ModeMinLot;

S /= ModeLotStep;

S = NormalizeDouble(S, 0);

S *= ModeLotStep;

S += ModeMinLot;

Lots = S;

if (Lots>MAXLots){ Lots=MAXLots; }

if(ShowLots == True)

Print ("Lots:", Lots);

}

return (0);

}

int GetMarketInfo()

{

ModeLow = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOW);

ModeHigh = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_HIGH);

ModeTime = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TIME);

ModeBid = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_BID);

ModeAsk = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_ASK);

ModePoint = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_POINT);

ModeDigits = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_DIGITS);

ModeSpread = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD);

ModeStopLevel = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL);

ModeLotSize = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSIZE);

ModeTickValue = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE);

ModeTickSize = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKSIZE);

ModeSwapLong = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SWAPLONG);

ModeSwapShort = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SWAPSHORT);

ModeStarting = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STARTING);

ModeExpiration = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_EXPIRATION);

ModeTradeAllowed = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TRADEALLOWED);

ModeMinLot = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT);

ModeLotStep = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSTEP);

return (0);

}

Hi Hendrick,

I have read the the thread of the old version of the Phoenix which you mentioned "It's no use to backward test Phoenix for a longer period than 6 months. During the course of time the behaviour of pairs can change a lot. That's why we have to change the settings from time to time. I found that testing for 6 months is just the right period".

Does it also apply to Phoenix 2007?

Thanks!

wilson1668:
Hi Hendrick,

I have read the the thread of the old version of the Phoenix which you mentioned "It's no use to backward test Phoenix for a longer period than 6 months. During the course of time the behaviour of pairs can change a lot. That's why we have to change the settings from time to time. I found that testing for 6 months is just the right period".

Does it also apply to Phoenix 2007?

Thanks!

Hi Wilson!

I still think we have to change the settings from time to time, but looking at the Contest version of Phoenix, it's still doing great with "the old settings"! So maybe we can hold on longer to the original settings than I first assumed.

fikko:
Dear Hendrick,

About the lot calculation for Money Management, I think if Phoenix run for USDJPY for risk 0.3 and GBPJPY for risk 0.3, then the trade amount for $10,000 account is 3 Lot for each. Currently Phoenix 5 doesn't open the same lot for second trade. It is true, it is not based on free margin.

[/PHP]

Hi Fikko!

Please give me some time to think this over. Your contribution is much appreciated!

Reason: