Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 47

Such good job,hendrick!!

this morning i download the phoenix 5 and make a backtest on USDJPY. Excellent result!! I found that if CloseAfterHours = 0(when i open it,results look bad),SecondTrade is open, ThirdTrade is closed, the results look best, and it doubles the benefits of old version Phoenix 4.02.

Please look at my test report below

please note: the result of classic mode is totally same as result of phoenix 4.02 backtest and same as result of my forward test of phoenix 4.02 during last month. it means my data of USDJPY is totally correct.

and last week i open a new 250$ live account of FXSOL and begin trading with phoenix, and the account is 255$ now (could be 300$ but risky)

i can trust phoenix!!!

vykhukholev: did you not read the posts addressed to you? You have been warned about the consequences of copyright violation.

Bravo, Hendrick. Bravo!

I perused the source code of your Phoenix, and it appears very well organized. I wonder if you or others in this thread would be willing to discuss the trading system, the indicators and their application.

Best Regards

Hallo Hendrick. My best congratulatios for your success and many thanks for the efforts you invested and sharing with us. Karl

vykhukholev.:
i add to pip doctor suite and send out. pm me if you find bug or not work right setting so i send new doc out or if you find more high profit stuffs. good man hedrick.

I am a regular customer on ebay, especially i buy a lot of things regarding forex (books, checking scripts...).

Warning for you: IF I WILL EVER (!) SEE YOU SELLING THIS ON THE INTERNET, I WILL REPORT YOU FOR VIOLATING HENDRICKS COPYRIGHT!!!

Do you comprehend?!

This is only a friendly warning for you.

saltcafe:
Me again ... I wanted to ask you about the LotsOptimized function. I've noticed that it hasn't changed much since last version, still based on AccountFreeMargin().

What I have been thinking about is what are you thoughts about making it based on AccountEquity()?

If you trade this EA on the full set of currencies then you may have up to 12 orders open (in v4.2). No objections to that, in fact it's quite good as it gives you diversification over the pairs, and when there is no major market moves then orders come and go and the lot size remains fairly constant between orders. The margin remains at around 150%-200%. However when you get major days like NFP then the market swings wildly and it make take out your half of your orders and all of a sudden your margin jumps up to 500%-700% and then when you take on new orders you unnecessarily take on larger lot sizes (larger risk) when your account hasn't actually grown in equity to justify a larger position. Now if your orders actually TP then your are sweet, but if your orders SL, then you are loosing equity unnecessarily which you wouldn't have if you based your MM on equity. This behavior of the EA is especially apparent when you start up with a clean account where your margin is maximum because you have no open orders.

(That's the reason for me wanting to turn off MM in my previous post)

What do you think?

This would also mean that your MaximumRisk setting would actually reflect the account value, which is what you had probably intended?

Time for me to hit the sack ... it's way past my bed time!

Hi Salty!

Yes, I think your idea makes sense. Anyone else has opinion about this?

Use Equity for MM

I agree with the approach of using equity to calculate lot sizes.

SteveBrown:
Bravo, Hendrick. Bravo!

I perused the source code of your Phoenix, and it appears very well organized. I wonder if you or others in this thread would be willing to discuss the trading system, the indicators and their application.

Best Regards

Hi Steve,

Of course I'm willing to discuss this trading system. Ask anything you want.

saltcafe:
Hi Hendrick,

Good job on the contest ... you got "lucky" on two NFP days so far!!! Nice $$$ as a result of this!!!

I've been looking at the code and it looks like you have been a busy chap last weekend. A lot has changed between this version and last version, but what I wanted to say is that I like your coding style ... neat and clean ... and more importantly, you can actually read and follow it. I'd be willing to bet that you must have a programming vein running somewhere through your body.

Anyway, enough chit chat ... getting back to Phoenix.

I want to set up a couple of demo runs on a couple of brokers (FXDD, NEXT & maybe Space FX) but am having a hard time coming to grips with the new settings. You have added a fair amount of new options, most if not all are related to order taking and protecting account value.

If I use the PrefSettings=true then should I be worrying about those extra settings? For example will the new BreakEvenAfterPips come into effect? What about the other order related settings? Do they have defaults? If not, do you have recommendations for these values? (especially in mode 2 & 3)

Also, I'd like to measure the pip generation capability of the EA, therefore I'm not going to run this with MM=true. Do you have any objections to this? Would this be the best way to actually measure what I'm after?

And, I'd like to get a better understanding of what modes 2 & 3 are. Do you have a better explanation?

- In mode 2, is the second trade in the same direction as original?

- In mode 3, do the entry prices vary for each order?

- In mode 3, do the lots stay the same each part order?

Lastly, I wanted to help out with finding the "settings" for the other pairs. Do you have a methodology for this? or is it simply trial and error using Strategy Tester in MT4.

Sorry to dump so many questions at once on you. Have a nice weekend. I'd like to set these runs up this weekend so that they are ready for next week market open.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Hi salty,

I will make another manual for Phoenix (today or tomorrow). I think you will find most of the answers to your questions in there.

Hendrick, Congratulations on your place in the automated challenge hope you win the $$ anyway regarding questions about Phoenix could you explain how you backtest to find the best settings ? All the best,

Reason: