Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 50

There are three brookers I know that let you trade micro accounts with EA in Metatrader:

http://www.RealTrade.lv

http://www.interbankfx.com

http://www.neuimex.com

fikko:
Dear Hendrick,

About the lot calculation for Money Management, I think if Phoenix run for USDJPY for risk 0.3 and GBPJPY for risk 0.3, then the trade amount for $10,000 account is 3 Lot for each. Currently Phoenix 5 doesn't open the same lot for second trade. It is true, it is not based on free margin.

But there is one thing should be taken into consideration is Leverage.

I copy and paste the code from Cyberia EA, which is actually quite good in determining number of lots open. You can place Phoenix into many Currencies, but perhaps only 2 order open at the same time. (SymbolCounts=2)

The code is using OrderTotal(), however this may need to be changed, because Phoenix may open 5 trades for 1 currency!!

And I think you may need more "Risk" variables for each of classic, double trade and 123.

Fikko,

I'm not sure what you mean with "Phoenix may open 5 trades for 1 currency". If that's the case then I think you have more than 1 Mode set as True. You have to set only one of the three modes set as True.

Hendrick:
Fikko, I'm not sure what you mean with "Phoenix may open 5 trades for 1 currency". If that's the case then I think you have more than 1 Mode set as True. You have to set only one of the three modes set as True.

Hendrick,

May I suggest to have the code changed to set Phoenixmode=1, 2 or 3 instead of the 3 booleans for mode switching, which can be set to true at the same time by accident or without knowing?

Regards

HerbertH:
Hendrick,

May I suggest to have the code changed to set Phoenixmode=1, 2 or 3 instead of the 3 booleans for mode switching, which can be set to true at the same time by accident or without knowing?

Regards

Great idea Herbert! Thanks.

Hendrick:
Hi,

In the first place I strongly believe in sharing knowledge. Suppose you are my neighbour and you have a problem with, let's say, your pc. As it happens I know a lot about PC's and I not only solve your problem within minutes but I also teach you how to deal with these problems in the future. And the next time you will help me with my broken lawn mower because you know all about these machines! And that's the basic of sharing knowledge; Helping each other!!!

You are not my neighbour, but now we have the Internet and all the people in the world (if they can connect to the Internet) became suddenly neighbours and can help each other with all kind of problems by just sharing their knowledge (Internet will be described in the history books as one of the greatest revolutions of this century). So this is what I'm doing. I can make Expert Advisors and share my knowledge with other people. No more, no less.

On the other hand I have my limits. I have to be honest about that. If there's a big spender over there that's offering me a job as a developer with a nice office, the best pc in the world, a nice looking secretary and with the restriction to not make my products publicly available, I think I will accept that (just dreaming now!). But it will never change my thoughts about the concept of sharing knowledge! Never!

You might enjoy reading "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn, talking about Tribal businesses and communities Don't believe Quinn's math, but the concepts and ideas are rather similar to what you are saying above. I too am a strong believer in sharing of knowledge. I'm doing what I can to keep the sharing happening in this community, and you are doing the same. You are doing more inspirational work than I am by far though! Great job!

saltcafe:
FXDD told me that their demo & live feeds are identical as well, however I don't have a live account to validate their claim.

If you go to have a look of the trading platform's directly, (fxdd-metatrader)\config\***.srv, you may see 2 *.srv files, one is *-live.srv and the other is *-demo.srv. Therefore, it is hard to say the datafeed for the Live & Demo are the same.

Of course, many other brokers do the same.

Hi there,

Today, I conduct some 3 months backtests for EURJPY and play around with the MaximumRisk, DecreaseFactor and the MM.

With the MM=true, adjusting the DecreaseFactor will have a little change in the result but the number of consecutive loss doesn't. Can anyone tell the actual function of this DecreaseFactor?

Best Wishes!!

Updates Phoenix 5

An updated version of Phoenix 5 (version 5.6.02).

- we now have the follwing pairs: USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD.

- to avoid mistakes in choosing the right mode, there is now only one parameter for this : PhoenixMode. Classic mode=1, SencondTrade mode=2 and 123 mode=3 (thanks Herbert).

- MicroAccount was still not working. Changed the code as suggested by lgvh.

Manual for Phoenix is updated.

Hendrick:
HerbertH:
Hendrick,

Regards

Great idea Herbert! Thanks.

I was actually thinking of taking advantage of this "feature" and run them in combination to see how they would perform. Just for curiosities sake ;-)

wilson1668:
If you go to have a look of the trading platform's directly, (fxdd-metatrader)\config\***.srv, you may see 2 *.srv files, one is *-live.srv and the other is *-demo.srv. Therefore, it is hard to say the datafeed for the Live & Demo are the same. Of course, many other brokers do the same.

I just have to take their word for it. Once I open my account there then I'll be able to really validate their claims.

Reason: