Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 126

Hendrick:
Kraken will become my “one-way-ticket” to financial independence. Kraken is using a database with patterns that are showing themselves before there’s a clear movement of price downwards or upwards. Very special!

I'd be willing to buy an EA which can:

* Demonstrate (via MT4 backtesting, where backtest and fwd test agree) its performance over the medium term (6 months - 2 years)

* Double account balance in no more than 6 months, perferably 3 months

* Limit drawdown to 30 % at the very maximum

I am beginning to wonder if such an EA exists or ever will exist.

Kraken?

JRtrader

Phoenix 5 has the performance, Phoenix 6 will have the stability. I have a few features I'm adding to Phoenix 6 which should be done in 1-2 weeks. Right now I'm moving across town, and most of my house is in boxes.

If you look at the programming thread, you will see some of the feature designs for Phoenix 6. It is only taking so long because I had a paying client who demanded all of my time, and then didn't pay me. Lovely. Phoenix 6 is coming soon.

JRtrader:
Where can these versions and their settings be downloaded?

thanx

JRtrader

Phoenix 5.7.0 (and other versions) are in the top sticky thread in this (Phoenix) forum. That is the one I am using, as FM said above its still in profit but has suffered some BIG losses this week which is a shame (I assume it suffered the same losses as the contest one?). Never the less a profit IS a profit

linkHere

keith4444:
Phoenix 5.7.0 (and other versions) are in the top sticky thread in this (Phoenix) forum. That is the one I am using, as FM said above its still in profit but has suffered some BIG losses this week which is a shame (I assume it suffered the same losses as the contest one?). Never the less a profit IS a profit

I have posted code https://c.forex-tsd.com/smiles/nerd.png an update to Phoenix_5_7_2a and Phoenix_5_7_2_W. Please click the link for details. It is designed to reduce the amount of money that is risked on trades when Phoenix hits a string of bad luck. It would be interesting to see how it would have done in this down week.

daraknor:
Most stable and most recommended is 5.7.0. If you are doing a lot of optimization and following guides, you will see benefits from running 5.7.2 for your optimizations. Any guides I release or documentation I write will be based on 5.7.2+

I was interested though to see in post#1154 that Hendrick said he had returned to v4.2. I guess it's a question of fwd and backtesting and seeing for oneself.

JRtrader

daraknor:
Here is a large collection of the different servers. We have done testing and found that Phoenix works best with FXDD. FXDD generally outperformed IBFX by 50-200 pips per week.

How similarly does the FXDD demo feed behave compared to their live feed?

Any thoughts on Alpari IDC (not UK)? I've done quote a lot of demo work with them though no live trades. I know a developer who has devised a few EAs and he swears by them (trades live).

JRtrader

JRtrader:
How similarly does the FXDD demo feed behave compared to their live feed? JRtrader

If I may, I will step in to answer that question. I am live with FXDD using Phoenix mode 1. I also have a demo using Phoenix mode 3 with all other settings identical. I had the same concern about live accounts but after 2.5 weeks of side by side screens, I am observing very similar trade and feed even in news time. There is no absolute certainty but I am comfortable with FXDD.

Hi I'm using 5.7.0 with everything as default, does this mean its in "mode 1"?

If so how do i switch to mode 3?

I have read that mode 3 is the most profitable, and have viewed the code in metaeditor but can't see how to edit it to become mode 3?

Not being a programmer I didn't want to mess it up!

Anyone help?

keith4444:

I have read that mode 3 is the most profitable, and have viewed the code in metaeditor but can't see how to edit it to become mode 3?

Anyone help?

Right click anywhere on the chart 15 minutes where Phoenix is attach. Choose: Expert Advisor / Properties / Inputs, and then change mode 1 for mode 3. There are some other outside settings available there. Don't worry, I am not a programmer and, by playing around in MT4, you will get more comfortable fast.

keith4444:

Anyone help?

Keith4444

Check out the latest documentation. for 5.7.2. I updated two of these for 5.7.2. Read the Phoenix-2007_ultimate-guide_v2.pdf first and then

Phoenix-2007-How-To-Optimize-phoenix.pdf.

You can get the latest official code or my latest updates with one or two additional fixes, this makes them work like 5.7.0. All of these match the documentation. There is no documentation for 5.7.0 so as a new person I say try the newer versions. You can easily have all the latest versions to play with and learn. I only got into this in Nov, and I have about 12 different version of Phoenix on my system. They are all small. I am still not doing any live trading myself.

Learning is one thing, at the moment 5.7.0 can be used for live testing.

Reason: