Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 122

saat2006:
To daraknor :

The phoenix 5.7.0 mode 3 open trade at 1.9616 SELL (pair GBPUSD).I am use default setting for T1=0.8,T2=1.0,T3=1.2.

As u can see Trade 1= TP 88pips ,Trade 2=TP 110pips,Trade 3=TP 132pips

Is it like that for the default setting ?

Thanks

If your base level TP = 110 pips, that is absolutely correct. Most currencies have a default TP of 48 pips.

daraknor:
jwhite1319, you might want to play around with which number is lower. There is different trade behavior (listed in the edited version of my post) depending on which number is lower. Having Trade1 lowest is fundamentally different from Trade2 lowest or Trade3 lowest. Each has different nuances, because Trade2 and Trade3 have stop losses managed in different ways.

Hi Daraknor, I agree. I ran an optimization that allowed T1 to start at the lowest and run all the way to the highest value (from .1 to 2.0) while varying T2 and T3 to change through the same range. It took about 3 hours to run the set and the 1,1,1.7 was the top performer. It kind of makes sense. Any combination of values 3 or less gives you the same performance assuming the price moves through T3. It is not until T1+T2+T3 is greater than 3 that you actually start to improve overall performance in a measurable way. By this i mean you actually start to improve the risk to reward ratio. Dont forget that because of the dynamics of Phoenix that whether you start with mode 1 or mode 3, you start with the same risk. Mode 3 simply attempts to grab some pips along the way. By doing so, if you drop out of the market before T3 is hit, then Phoenix can go look for another trade which may or may not be good.

New FXDD trading plateform for Live and Demo : somebody have some info about that ? Thks

Fxdd Info

bertbin:
New FXDD trading plateform for Live and Demo : somebody have some info about that ? Thks

www.fxdd.com/

www.goforex.net/reviews/fxdd.htm

The only broker I'd even consider for news events is MBTrading.com/forex/ They don't use MT4, and I think that is part of the reason why they can handle news events.

Where can I download the new fixed version? I think 5.7?

Thanks

Where to get latest Phoenix

matrixebiz:
Where can I download the new fixed version? I think 5.7? Thanks

You can always find the latest Phoenix here, and always here, nowhere else.

-RJ1-

matrixebiz:
Where can I download the new fixed version? I think 5.7? Thanks

Check this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175245/page80

Those community contributed fixes were included in 5.7.1. I try to keep one version of Phoenix updated as much as possible with all of the contributions so people don't need to go 5 places to get the fixes they want. Post #1 on the Dev thread will always have the most recent release, with as many fixes as possible. I recommend hotfixes (downloading other code) when I'm too slow and you need a fix right away.

Cijas:
Thanks for your quick answer Hendrick !

Actually i like 4 EA : Phoenix, Pipboxer, 10 points 3 and Hedge.

I lost many $ with Avalanche (wich is another one) and 10 points 3 (because not enough marging) and Hedge is good but i guess i need a little more money (i have now 220 and i beguan trading at the end of september with 1 480 $).

The only 2 EA which seemed safely (or about to be safe) are yours and the pipboxer one (which i found on forexfactory.com).

So today i will try to use your new Phoenix (not the contest one that i used) in 2 big swap currencies : GBPJPY and GBPCHF. I will set your EA to only Buy and it's a good day cause i will have 3 times swaps) !!!!

Seee you later !!!

Edit :

I see that the EA is not set for GBPCHF so i don't know if i will try it with this currencie.

Furthemore i hope it will buy a 0.1 lot before midnigh cause i really want the swap !

Thanks very much for mentioning PipBoxer as a safe EA. I also want to invite you to download the new version of the EA. I assume it's availalbe somewhere on TSD. If not you can download it from FF. Here is the link:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=13381

Good Luck,

Al

Reason: