Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 125

FutureMillionaire?:
I'm running Phoenix on demo, and I believe it's down to the broker you are using. Alpari closes trades at 23:59 .. then normally immediately opens another for the next day, but maybe Phoenix can't cope with that. I think if you repeat your efforts with another broker you'll find it'll work. I've found that InterbankFX seems to work - they don't close the trades at 23:59. You'll find their version of MT4 at http://www.interbankfx.com/info/ibsetup4.exe

Hi FM

Just to let you know that its now working fine with the interbankfx demo account (showing about 2.5% daily profit at the moment )

Thanks for your help

Keith

keith4444:
Hi FM

Just to let you know that its now working fine with the interbankfx demo account (showing about 2.5% daily profit at the moment )

Thanks for your help

Keith

It's looking very good, isn't it. The last trade I was sure it was going to lose big time ... but it turned around. It's pretty impressive the way it predicts the action. In the last 14 trades .. it's only lost once.

Where to find OfficialSettings[date].txt ??

Hendrick says this is attached to his post#1 but it is not.

Is it available somewhere else?

thanks

JRtrader

JRtrader:
Hendrick says this is attached to his post#1 but it is not.

Is it available somewhere else?

thanks

JRtrader

I've attached the one I've been using. I can't actually remember where I found it. I've been trawling through so many sites

Be careful though. Since my last post, it's had two big losers. Still well in profit, but it's spoilt an amazing run.

Files:

I don't really post contest version, there was so many bugs with different account types, incompatibilities, etc. It was stable but only for a very small number of people. I don't really want to support it, because all of the fixes it needs are already present in later versions. It was the most highly watched version of Phoenix, and Hendrick said there was many fixes and improvements moving to version 5 of Phoenix.

daraknor:
I don't really post contest version, there was so many bugs with different account types, incompatibilities, etc. It was stable but only for a very small number of people. I don't really want to support it, because all of the fixes it needs are already present in later versions. It was the most highly watched version of Phoenix, and Hendrick said there was many fixes and improvements moving to version 5 of Phoenix.

Ah. I did wonder. It's acting strangely. It started with 1.50 lots and worked up to 4.40 lots. After one loss, it stepped back to 3.50 lots .. which was fair enough. Then, after a second loss, it stepped back to 0.10 lots. It's winning again, but obviously we're only talking small numbers now. Why did it do that?

So, is version 5 worth trying? .... or which is the most stable version?

Most stable and most recommended is 5.7.0. If you are doing a lot of optimization and following guides, you will see benefits from running 5.7.2 for your optimizations. Any guides I release or documentation I write will be based on 5.7.2+

FutureMillionaire?:
I've attached the one I've been using. I can't actually remember where I found it. I've been trawling through so many sites

It's the OfficialSettings[date].txt that I'm after, rather than just the EA itself. Most of the settings in the EA you posted were zero, I'm presume those aren't the actual trading parameters?

thanx

JRtrader

FutureMillionaire?:
Alpari closes trades at 23:59 .. then normally immediately opens another for the next day, but maybe Phoenix can't cope with that.

Alpari-UK does that, but Alpari-IDC (Russia) does not - open trades simply continue through to the next day.

JRtrader

daraknor:
Most stable and most recommended is 5.7.0. If you are doing a lot of optimization and following guides, you will see benefits from running 5.7.2 for your optimizations. Any guides I release or documentation I write will be based on 5.7.2+

Where can these versions and their settings be downloaded?

thanx

JRtrader

Reason: