Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 132

Sorry, my mistake

TraderSeven:
I see !xMeter EAs popping up in many threads. None seem to work for me.

What I'm really looking for is a indicator version.

Can someone please post it?

I didnt notice that you are looking for indicator, so next one

Art

Files:

Thanks for the indicator, I'm trying to wrap up a code project right now. I will add it in soon. (I have a few other indicators to add to Phoenix I received in email.)

My configuration is XP SP2, Athlon 3000, 512MB RAM. 150G HD, 280G HD, 1 bad DVD drive (tried with connected and without), 1 virtual DVD drive. Copying large numbers of files does not trigger a crash, but use of proc+mem does. Video editing, optimization, and playing newest games are the main things that crash it. Optimization is the absolute worst for crashes. Never had a crash from virus scanning, etc. I'm considering doing an optimization in safe mode just to see if it crashes. Fundamentally I think the proc+mobo need to be replaced. I'm tempted to spend my next $400 on a working DVD drive, new mobo+proc. Athlon 6000 AM2 ($190), Asus M2A-VM Green ($85), 1GB RAM ($112) is the configuration I was looking to buy. I could also put 1G RAM for $50 in my current machine and see if that helps. Still undecided, but that is why I'm not able to produce many settings

I noticed that the USDJPY M30 settings I posted earlier are profitable still. The USDCHF settings (several of them) bounce back and forth, nothing like the clear profit from when the first real settings file was released.

RAM could be a problem

I had to agree with bubble. 512MB with XP (+any residents) + MT4, it is really the edge value. I have Intel dual core and 4GB RAM on board. For all that, during optimization MT is sometime using swap file. How any program starts to work with disk as with memory, effectivity is going to hell.

If you can - try to increase memory. 1GB or better 2GB seems good.

I established half year ago Open EA project with cca 40 people - with all complexity - and as a part of this project should be also central multiprocessor supercomputer for optimization. You will send file via net - and after optimization you receive results back…… but ….but its for longer article

Art

I know a fair amount about computers, and I think this is either a cache on motherboard or a cache on processor issue. Also possible but doubtful is a memory gate overheating.

I will make some files that will be used for optimization today.

In other news, I have created a fully hedged single currency system that will earn 40-100% per year. It executes 2 trades per week and uses no indicators. Very aggressively trading Phoenix can show more profit temporarily, but the accounts suffer drawdown when the settings expire.

I'm also working on a fractal grid system, but it is still 2-3 weeks away.

Would you guys choose the system I mentioned above over Phoenix? Should we put effort into the other system? (Codename: WeekendTrader) I see a few issues for widespread adoption. #1 it would require my trading server to operate (3 programming languages, socket based server, etc) #2 I can't really distribute it as an EA. #3 The system benefits more from trading as a single fund.

daraknor:
I know a fair amount about computers, and I think this is either a cache on motherboard or a cache on processor issue. Also possible but doubtful is a memory gate overheating.

I will make some files that will be used for optimization today.

In other news, I have created a fully hedged single currency system that will earn 40-100% per year. It executes 2 trades per week and uses no indicators. Very aggressively trading Phoenix can show more profit temporarily, but the accounts suffer drawdown when the settings expire.

I'm also working on a fractal grid system, but it is still 2-3 weeks away.

Would you guys choose the system I mentioned above over Phoenix? Should we put effort into the other system? (Codename: WeekendTrader) I see a few issues for widespread adoption. #1 it would require my trading server to operate (3 programming languages, socket based server, etc) #2 I can't really distribute it as an EA. #3 The system benefits more from trading as a single fund.

I am interested to know more about the fully hedged Weekend Trader. I, for myself, am interested in systems that doesn't need to be optimised from time to time. As you wrote, if for this system we need to put our money in a single account, I am not sure that people will go for it. We need to come up with a secure investment strategy for it. Anyone has a solution for this ?

For the fractal system, I believe it is your commercial product and that you will eventually sell the EA or rent the signal as some EAs do to protect the code from being copied. Tell us more about it when ready.

Here is the settings file I promised yesterday. Had some connection issues and of course I waited until the last second to do it. It is currently set to optimized USDCHF, but it should work for EURUSD as well (similarity in price/movement). USDJPY will require a different settings file.

This can be run on M15, M30, etc but I don't know above that. Enough options are checked that 10 people running the optimization will all get different results, so don't feel bad about duplication of work.

I'd like to optimize on at least 6 weeks of data, followed by at least 4 weeks of data for out of optimization testing. Out of the top 20 or 100 optimized results, I'd be interested in their out of bounds test results. You can copy the results out with a right click, copy all. I optimize on data, and then tell it to 'set input parameters' on the other settings.

Most of the settings are now normalized in release to work for different currency types. You could run the same optimization set on USDMXN, USDJPY and USDCHF, but I don't know what the results would be (can't check either). Phoenix previously had a lot of settings that needed to be changed by an order of magnitude if the number of digits changed (5,2,4 respectively). I automatically normalize them all I think.

Lastly, I'll reveal weekend trader to people who signed up with PhoenixFund as an IB. I'm going to ask one of the volunteers for the nonprofit who works on the foundation's accounting to manage the regular accounting of PhoenixFund, I simply don't have the time for it.

I'm going back to working on this python code... bugs are gone now I just need it to be more intelligent...

Files:

daraknor:
Here is the settings file I promised yesterday. Had some connection issues and of course I waited until the last second to do it. It is currently set to optimized USDCHF, but it should work for EURUSD as well (similarity in price/movement). USDJPY will require a different settings file.

This can be run on M15, M30, etc but I don't know above that. Enough options are checked that 10 people running the optimization will all get different results, so don't feel bad about duplication of work.

I'd like to optimize on at least 6 weeks of data, followed by at least 4 weeks of data for out of optimization testing. Out of the top 20 or 100 optimized results, I'd be interested in their out of bounds test results. You can copy the results out with a right click, copy all. I optimize on data, and then tell it to 'set input parameters' on the other settings.

Most of the settings are now normalized in release to work for different currency types. You could run the same optimization set on USDMXN, USDJPY and USDCHF, but I don't know what the results would be (can't check either). Phoenix previously had a lot of settings that needed to be changed by an order of magnitude if the number of digits changed (5,2,4 respectively). I automatically normalize them all I think.

Lastly, I'll reveal weekend trader to people who signed up with PhoenixFund as an IB. I'm going to ask one of the volunteers for the nonprofit who works on the foundation's accounting to manage the regular accounting of PhoenixFund, I simply don't have the time for it.

I'm going back to working on this python code... bugs are gone now I just need it to be more intelligent...

to wokr with wich version?

The .set file works with P6 Released.

Hendrick

I have tried to download the Pheonix EA from your post but the resulting file is a text file with unformatted code which doesn't compile.

Would you upload the EA again please, I am keen to test this EA.

Regards

Anthony

Reason: