Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 22

Hendrick:
Hi, No, that's beyond my power!

I would like try it.

Resolution this add to EA file and tuning parameters?:

if((Symbol() == "NDDEC6") || (Symbol() == "NDDEC6m"))

{

SMAPeriod = 2;

SMA2Bars = 18;

Percent = 0.0032;

TakeProfit = 42;

StopLoss = 84;

TrailingStop = 0;

OSMAFast = 5;

OSMASlow = 22;

OSMASignal = 2;

EnvelopePeriod = 2;

Fast_Period = 25;

Slow_Period = 15;

DVBuySell = 0.0029;

DVStayOut = 0.024;

}

Forward testing

posting the detailed statement for this week.

The gif looks ok but when the Floating Profit is observed then the outcome is less than good.

Files:
phoenix6.htm  13 kb
phoenix6.gif  5 kb

Hendrick:
Still going strong and it will be better in the future!!

Very profitable: GBPJPY

Profitable: USDJPY

Can become profitable: USDCHF:

Newcomer: EURUSD (with the new settings it's performing a lot better!).

For all the other pairs: Their "secret settings" will be discovered!

I am thinking why do you use USDJPY for the contest if GBPJPY is better? Why don't you use 2?

Waiting for your secret setting!!

Hendrick:
Well, I don't know about your results with Booster, but those of mine were not very promising. It also makes no sense in my opinion to open four trades that are correlated: they could go all against you so to me this looks more like gambling.

For the time being I will concentrate on the further development of Phoenix 4.2 and put Booster on the shelf (unless you guys have ideas how to improve it).

Nevertheless I think the concept of currency correlation can be used in Phoenix 4.2. This is my idea: if there's a BUY/SELL signal for a pair, the EA will first check if there any open trades for pairs that have a strong correlation with the pair where you get the signal for. If so the signal is not valid. Another option is to look how the open correlated trade is doing: is it loosing or is it in profit. Based on that a decision can be made to open the new trade or not.

Let' stick for the moment to the first option: don't trade if a strongly correlated trade is open. For those of you, who had tested Phoenix for a longer time: in your Account History you can see if this makes sense or not. I would be most grateful if some of you could check this and report it back to this forum.

You can use this summary. First column is the pair where you get BUY/SELL signal for and the second column are the pairs that are strongly correlated to the first pair. So if you get a BUY/SELL signal for the EURUSD and there is an open trade for the USDCHF or USDCAD then the signal is not valid:

EURUSD USDCHF, USDCAD

USDJPY GBPUSD, EURCHF, GBPJPY

USDCHF EURUSD, GBPJPY

USDCAD EURUSD

AUDUSD GBPUSD

EURJPY GBPUSD, EURCHF

GBPUSD USDJPY, EURCHF, GBPJPY

EURCHF USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURJPY, GBPJPY

CHFJPY EURCHF

EURGBP EURJPY

What if one uses currency correlation to place a time constrant on whether to close a non-producing trade. Say one has an open eurusd position not going anywhere then later-on gets a usdchf signal in reverse correlation direction. Then one needs to close the non-producing eurusd position and open the current usdchf position since its more update with current market condition and the eurusd position is no longer valid. Also by closing non-producing eurusd position frees system up to receive newer updated eurusd trading positions.

yeoeleven:
posting the detailed statement for this week. The gif looks ok but when the Floating Profit is observed then the outcome is less than good.

If you will look backtest similar movement up\down can go about one month as in July of this year.

And then jump upwards. So the conclusion - to wait.

ericbach:
What if one uses currency correlation to place a time constrant on whether to close a non-producing trade. Say one has an open eurusd position not going anywhere then later-on gets a usdchf signal in reverse correlation direction. Then one needs to close the non-producing eurusd position and open the current usdchf position since its more update with current market condition and the eurusd position is no longer valid. Also by closing non-producing eurusd position frees system up to receive newer updated eurusd trading positions.

Yes, I think I like the idea. But I need some more information. How to define a non-producing trade? Is it a trade that's a certain amount of pips in loss? Or is it a trade that's moving around its opening price for let's say the last 24 hours?

Hendrick:
Well, I don't know about your results with Booster, but those of mine were not very promising. It also makes no sense in my opinion to open four trades that are correlated: they could go all against you so to me this looks more like gambling.

For the time being I will concentrate on the further development of Phoenix 4.2 and put Booster on the shelf (unless you guys have ideas how to improve it).

Nevertheless I think the concept of currency correlation can be used in Phoenix 4.2. This is my idea: if there's a BUY/SELL signal for a pair, the EA will first check if there any open trades for pairs that have a strong correlation with the pair where you get the signal for. If so the signal is not valid. Another option is to look how the open correlated trade is doing: is it loosing or is it in profit. Based on that a decision can be made to open the new trade or not.

Let' stick for the moment to the first option: don't trade if a strongly correlated trade is open. For those of you, who had tested Phoenix for a longer time: in your Account History you can see if this makes sense or not. I would be most grateful if some of you could check this and report it back to this forum.

You can use this summary. First column is the pair where you get BUY/SELL signal for and the second column are the pairs that are strongly correlated to the first pair. So if you get a BUY/SELL signal for the EURUSD and there is an open trade for the USDCHF or USDCAD then the signal is not valid:

EURUSD USDCHF, USDCAD

USDJPY GBPUSD, EURCHF, GBPJPY

USDCHF EURUSD, GBPJPY

USDCAD EURUSD

AUDUSD GBPUSD

EURJPY GBPUSD, EURCHF

GBPUSD USDJPY, EURCHF, GBPJPY

EURCHF USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURJPY, GBPJPY

CHFJPY EURCHF

EURGBP EURJPY

Hi Hendrick,

There is a good post there regarding hedging using co-relation pairs.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Hendrick:
Yes, I think I like the idea. But I need some more information. How to define a non-producing trade? Is it a trade that's a certain amount of pips in loss? Or is it a trade that's moving around its opening price for let's say the last 24 hours?

Maybe don't open NEW trade 5pm NY do 0:00 NY - Asia flat?

This your bad trade in championship?

Help wanted!

I would be very grateful if some of you can make the next summary:

Look at your Account History and look for every trade at its opening and closing time. Is there some kind of correlation between the total time a trade is open and if it's profitable or not? I've not analysed my own Account History but it seems to me that the longer a trade is open the less chance it will be profitable.

So, for those who have an Account History of 2 weeks or more and if you have the time can you please make such a summary. It would really help me!

yeoeleven:
posting the detailed statement for this week. The gif looks ok but when the Floating Profit is observed then the outcome is less than good.

Better results now?

Reason: