FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - page 9

am I getting this right??????

Guys please tell me if i am getting this right?

GBP/USD

Today 10/13/06

Average Day Range = 110

So there could be a move of 55+ or 55-

open price= 1.8575

I add 55+ to 1.8575 =1.8630 so I place a buy limit order at 1.8630

And 55- 1.8575 = 1.8520 and place a limit order at 1.8520

So which ever one is hit first I (for example up ; add room up 75 pips to it to take profits) 1.8630+75 =1.8705

Am I getting this right??????

Any help would be great

You're getting this wrong. The entries to the first trade are: Low of the day + 55 for Long, High of the day - 55 for Short. Trailing stop of 55 pips. When the trailing stop is hit, reverse your position. Again, trailing stop of 55 pips for that 2nd trade.

If you have positions opened at 1800cet, close it.

PeaceLover:
Guys please tell me if i am getting this right?

GBP/USD

Today 10/13/06

Average Day Range = 110

So there could be a move of 55+ or 55-

open price= 1.8575

I add 55+ to 1.8575 =1.8630 so I place a buy limit order at 1.8630

And 55- 1.8575 = 1.8520 and place a limit order at 1.8520

So which ever one is hit first I (for example up ; add room up 75 pips to it to take profits) 1.8630+75 =1.8705

Am I getting this right??????

Any help would be great

Ogeima:
You're getting this wrong. The entries to the first trade are: Low of the day + 55 for Long, High of the day - 55 for Short. Trailing stop of 55 pips. When the trailing stop is hit, reverse your position. Again, trailing stop of 55 pips for that 2nd trade. If you have positions opened at 1800cet, close it.

can you give me an example with to days numbers.

Thanks

Peace

Hi Igor,

I was refered to your thread by a buddy. I like your thinking and have noticed similar concepts on the daily highs/lows, but never put them to the test. I will work on putting your ideas to an EA in the next week. If you have any further info you'd like to see added, please suggest away.

happy pipping

Mark

PeaceLover:
can you give me an example with to days numbers.

Thanks

Peace

You can see the image of post #6

fotovat:
You can see the image of post #6

I cannot read the notes in there, to figure it out....

Peace

Ogeima:
You're getting this wrong. The entries to the first trade are: Low of the day + 55 for Long, High of the day - 55 for Short. Trailing stop of 55 pips. When the trailing stop is hit, reverse your position. Again, trailing stop of 55 pips for that 2nd trade. If you have positions opened at 1800cet, close it.

Ogeima, can you please explain, I am confused a bit, Low of the day is the previouse day low or it is High and Low of the day we trade... the same with high of the day. I set buy and sell by iGor's instruction on the first page (as I understood it), I take a day opening price and add or substuct the half of the Average day range. Thank you in advance.

Cheiser:
Ogeima, can you please explain, I am confused a bit, Low of the day is the previouse day low or it is High and Low of the day we trade... the same with high of the day. I set buy and sell by iGor's instruction on the first page (as I understood it), I take a day opening price and add or substuct the half of the Average day range. Thank you in advance.

it is High and Low of the current day not previous day

Backtesting

Hello

For purpose of manual backtesting I have created Excel sheet with daily ranges of GBPUSD (2003.06-2006.10.13). The values of 5-day moving average of range are included as well (Sundays were omitted). Please note:

1. for every day value of MA was computed using 5 previous days, so actually it is displaced SMA 5x1. Sorry, I know that it is not exactly what Igor says, but I had had no time to implement full system. I encourage everybody to explore and improve this little tool.

2. daily open/close prices are GMT+2 (Central European Summer Time).

3. "go long" and "go short" prices are determined using current day OPEN price. I made this assumption to simplify digging through large set of data. Preliminary tests show that such an approach, although far from being optimal, could still be profitable.

Hope it will be helpful.

alx

Files:

Cheiser:

Cheiser,

Lets assume that euro's average daily range is 100 pips. It opens at 1.2500. So you would have two options, to go short @ 1.2450 or to go long @ 1.2550. So now the day begins, euro races upto 1.2540 and then reverses down (your long entry was not triggered). So now 1.2540 is your day's high. So your short entry will be modified to 1.2490 (1.2540 - 50). In any case your trailling stop will be 50 pips.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Regards,

Kevin

Reason: