Volatility Quality Index - page 18

VQ support

Raff,

First thing I want to say is Thank You! This VQ is great!

Anyway, I was just wondering if you will support code changes to it if Meta Trader changes to a new version in the future??? This indicator is simply my favorite and I know it will be a long time before MetaTrader changes, but just wanting to know if you will update the code in that instance. I don't expect you to post the MQ4 and understand why you haven't (I just don't want to go back to what I used before this). Thanks for the sweeeeeet indicator either way Raff!

Mike

PS. Nice picture

mmccormac:
Raff,

First thing I want to say is Thank You! This VQ is great!

Anyway, I was just wondering if you will support code changes to it if Meta Trader changes to a new version in the future??? This indicator is simply my favorite and I know it will be a long time before MetaTrader changes, but just wanting to know if you will update the code in that instance. I don't expect you to post the MQ4 and understand why you haven't (I just don't want to go back to what I used before this). Thanks for the sweeeeeet indicator either way Raff!

Mike

PS. Nice picture

Yap...

Raff

It is one of the best indicators that I have never seen, congratulations, this indicator costsa lot of money

test: 80 pips in three days

regards

tradespain:
It is one of the best indicators that I have never seen, congratulations, this indicator costsa lot of money

test: 80 pips in three days

regards

Yap...

Raff

Hi Raff,

An improvement of the indicator would be that one can choose for the possibility that it would give only a signal at the close of a bar.

So if one uses the indicator without refering to an other time frame that it would not give signals during the formation of the last bar.

I know that in real it will not be at the close of a bar but at the first tick of a new bar but one does not need to know what the indicator does during the last bar. On a 1H chart with small values one can now get multiple false signals.

So raff if possible could you implement the possibility to choose for real time or close bar ?...

TNX a lott in advance and keep up the good work...

regards...iGoR

iGoR:
Hi Raff,

An improvement of the indicator would be that one can choose for the possibility that it would give only a signal at the close of a bar.

So if one uses the indicator without refering to an other time frame that it would not give signals during the formation of the last bar.

I know that in real it will not be at the close of a bar but at the first tick of a new bar but one does not need to know what the indicator does during the last bar. On a 1H chart with small values one can now get multiple false signals.

So raff if possible could you implement the possibility to choose for real time or close bar ?...

regards...iGoR

Yes, that would be very helpful! I would like it to still appear when it happens, but if the alarm wouldn't go off till the close that would save me a lot of wasted trips to my CPU. Thanks for the help Raff!

de04:
Hi raff1410 In post 4 ( page 1 ), u put a picture with TRIX index indicator. Can u upload this indicator ? I can't find it in this forum. Thanks b4

You will find it there:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174718/page2

iGoR:
Hi Raff,

regards...iGoR

Hi iGoR...

Look at post #1...

Raff

VQ on longer timeframe???

Raff,

Is it possible to have the VQ work for a timeframe of 1week or 1month??? I have a longer term trading method in addition to the 1hr trading and that would be really helpful. Either way thanks for your help!

Mike

mmccormac:
Raff,

Is it possible to have the VQ work for a timeframe of 1week or 1month??? I have a longer term trading method in addition to the 1hr trading and that would be really helpful. Either way thanks for your help!

Mike

Hi Mike...

For W1 and MN I suggest to use simple adx

VQ is usefull for M30 H1 H4 I think...

Raff

Files:
usdcad.gif  22 kb
Reason: