FXiGoR DYNAMIC Breakout system on Daily Average Range - page 7

Big Joe:
Great system Igor, thanks very much, An indicator which show graphically the signals lines should be a very great tool i think, dont' you ?

Yes Joe..in previous posts I asked for it if someone could have a look to that...

iGoR

iGoR:
Hi everyone,

Is there someone in the house that could make this indicator look like the image I posted ?

And not that we could see this today or present day but that it could place these squares historicaly ?...

This way we have a very nice visualisation and we could do also a reliable manual backtest.

If not possible with those colored squares maybe with lines ....

Many many thanks in advance...iGoR

This is not quite what you want Igor, I modified it from another indicator, if you want to use it on the 5m just change teh settings in the code

if (Period()!=15) Comment to 5

it was orginally set to the 60 min timeframe

Files:

Foreverold:
This is not quite what you want Igor, I modified it from another indicator, if you want to use it on the 5m just change teh settings in the code

if (Period()!=15) Comment to 5

it was orginally set to the 60 min timeframe

Do you have an english one, this is in russian...

Hi,

I have another newbie question. I'm reading comments of this indicator and I kinnda like it. Before I will test it, I need to know the following? If somebody can tell me.

What is the meaning of those:

Room up, Room down?

Based on which of that valutes you decide to open a long or short position? I'm a little confused.

Dejan

Files:
image1.jpg  217 kb

i have an idea how to improve this system to make it more profitable....

Calculate the high and low using thomas pivot calculation. Then we mark that area as high and low. Once our long position reach high, we close the position.

We use 1/2 average pip as breakout line for our 2nd position short realising the low will be tested. I think it will be better.

Thanks

kenari05:
i have an idea how to improve this system to make it more profitable....

Calculate the high and low using thomas pivot calculation. Then we mark that area as high and low. Once our long position reach high, we close the position.

We use 1/2 average pip as breakout line for our 2nd position short realising the low will be tested. I think it will be better.

Thanks

Why do you believe it is better ?...

based on backtests between the 2 different systems over severall years data ?...

based on the results over the last few days ?...

Based on the results on fryday ?...

In the chatroom I had 3 people making sujestions to change some rules becaus they believe it would be better.

If they can proof then I would be the FIRST person to change the rules or addapt new indicators. But just on a hunge or believe I will not change it.

The profit over the 8 days is + 470 pips (wich is offcourse WAY to soon to make any jundgements). So if you can show met results over a longer period of time of both of the systems and show me the proof of the improvement I'm willing to listen and change were nescessary

This sound maybe a little arrogant buth it is not my intention.

I told people in the chatroom that as soon as this system makes 3 days in a row losses that people will contact me to change some of the rules. Because with the changings it would have performd better over those last 3 days. But then they have to look to a longer period of time (ex. 1 year) if those changing would have performed better on the days were the system made high profits.

These are golden words from someone on the Hans123 breakout system:

digby:

I agree. I still have to fight my urge to vary from the rules. When I first started trading Hans' system, I had the same concerns that have recently been raised about this system not being proven over the long-term. This fed my urge to vary from Hans' rules. As a result, I often achieved better daily results than the original system. However I regularly missed out on being in for the big winners. If I'd stuck with Hans' rules all the way through, I'd have been much better off financially.

the same will probably aplly to my rules. If there are better rules, as I said, I'm willing to listen if someone can show proof. If I had to listen to every changing that someone sujested over the last 8 days there was no more dynamic break out system ( and still we are at + 470pips over 8 days)

friendly regards..iGoR

i am not a programmer...how can i back test?

i would like to test the EA first this monday... see how it goes...did you post the EA on this forum?

i think the stop loss being 1/2 of the day range is quite high. Why dont use trail stop 15-20? and move SL to b/e after +10 ?

i am sure not all pair can use this method... works best for volatile pairs...any comment?

Hi,

Room Up and Room Down are used in the T_S_R method, not in the Dynamic BO system.

You ll find notes about Room Up and Room Down in the code of the indicator (view it with MetaEditor).

Refer to the TSR thread/chatroom to see how they can be used.

SloForeX:
Hi,

I have another newbie question. I'm reading comments of this indicator and I kinnda like it. Before I will test it, I need to know the following? If somebody can tell me.

What is the meaning of those:

Room up, Room down?

Based on which of that valutes you decide to open a long or short position? I'm a little confused.

Dejan

stop loss and target

Please.... what's stop loss at reverse position? This system have a target defined ?

Reason: