Dolly system - page 34

i guess my question would be: does it have to cross the pivot line before the buy/sell lines or should you just trade once it crosses the buy/sell lines?

dolly rules

hazard_one:
i guess my question would be: does it have to cross the pivot line before the buy/sell lines or should you just trade once it crosses the buy/sell lines?

you have to wait for it to go in the buy and sell zones.

if you can't be in your PC at the time, just setup your orders to enter at the colored areas and take your 20 pips.

CJ.-

Dolly system

I have recently been studying the Dolly system...This looks very promising.

How are the buy/sell areas calculated?

Is it a certain amount of pips above the opening(00:00 GMT)?

Has anyone tested to see if this system works better after lower than normal range days?

Any additional information/suggestions about this system would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

A question, using this method, do we trade only with the trend of the channel? If the channel signifies a upward trend, we buy only, ignoring the breakout sell zone?

Hope this is the last fix...

The indicators didn't display properly the current bar. Sorry, couldn't test during the weekend. Now everything should be okay.

kiwigold:

Hi Linuxser

Yes I am using the HistStepStoc with ASCTrend Signals (for sound alert) -- together with Dolly levels (I actually had my own zone indicator I was testing before Dolly came along - and it happens that my levels were already very close to Dolly).

My standard chart is simply the Dolly levels -- the KiS_Average to show hi and lo of day -- HistStepStoc and AscTrend for alert.[/COLOR]

15m charts work great -- 30 are good and even 5min with a 30 min beside it.

Hi kiwigold

Could you post a template of you indicators setting ?

Thanks.

Happy trading

Khai

prosper888:
Hi kiwigold

Could you post a template of you indicators setting ?

Thanks.

Happy trading

Khai

There you go --

Files:
dolly.rar  2 kb

Newbie requires help, please

Hi, Guys

I'am fairly new to Forex and have been browsing thru the different sections of this forum and came across the Dolly System Thread .

Noticed quite a few download links but, wanted to know which zip,rar file is the lastest version that I should get and try?? Also, has an instructional txt file been made available yet [especially for the newbies that require a little or alot of hand holding]

Thank's for all your hard

work,

Blaze_survey

Data Center Problems

I´m using MT Data Center to run several MT at the same time. Last version of MT (198) have increased the speed in a terrific way when the client uses the server.

At my time during London Open, GBP have a pivot (real) of 1.8598.

My sheeps was marking the following Pivots

with Alpari: 1.8597

with Neuimex 1.8595 (pretty near).

with Forex Ltd (same Alpari time have) 1.8598.

Let´s calculate manually:

Neuimex.

(YH: 1.8645 + YL: 1.8520 + YC: 1.8622) = 1.8595 OK

Ltd

(YH: 1.8646 + YL: 1.8528 + YC: 1.8621) = 1.8598 OK

Alpari

(YH: 1.8647 + YL: 1.8523 + YC: 1.8621) = 1.8597

However, I have another computer with Nina´s system running and live chart fib pivots indicator. And the pivot was 1.8620 as you can see into the pic.

I connected directly to Alpari (not using the data center) and the pivot was corrected.

As you can see and test, Alpari data seems to be correct but not the calculation.

Back to main computer I´ve attached 3 different pivots indicators and all of them showed 1.8620. Moved GMT and nothing.

Maybe there is a problem with the data center I´d think. And I deleted all GBP data. But this didn´t fix the problem.

I´m going to email Metaquotes to check what´s going on. Meanwhile, do not use MT data center because Dolly is based on pivots and you will have only problems if they´re bad calculated.

Anyway, at this moment I still have problems. I´m connected directly with Alpari and I have differences between M15 pivots and M30 pivots, last one are ok.

I have to ask if somebody have the same problem.

Be carefull until we can discover what´s going on.

Files:
hanew_1.gif  30 kb
Reason: