Elite indicators :) - page 622

mrtools:
Removed the mtf.

Thank You, will be testing it

CCFp mtf & alerts 2.01

Good morning Mladen,

The excellent CCFp mtf & alerts 2.01 refers.

I ran it in MTF mode using 30-M TF on M-5-chart. Theoretically it should anchor itself on the close of the 30m interval. What happens is rather strange:

it crosses over on the 30m interval and on the next 5-M candle, it shoots back again. In other words, on the strike of the 30m candle close, one may have assumed that there is a change in direction of the Eur/USD, but in real time, it only happened later.

Any explanation for this behaviour plse?

Thanking you most sincerely,

ValeoFX:
Good morning Mladen,

The excellent CCFp mtf & alerts 2.01 refers.

I ran it in MTF mode using 30-M TF on M-5-chart. Theoretically it should anchor itself on the close of the 30m interval. What happens is rather strange:

it crosses over on the 30m interval and on the next 5-M candle, it shoots back again. In other words, on the strike of the 30m candle close, one may have assumed that there is a change in direction of the Eur/USD, but in real time, it only happened later.

Any explanation for this behaviour plse?

Thanking you most sincerely,

ValeoFX

CCFp is a rather "strange fruit"

First of all, it is a multi symbol indicator. Now, apart from other things that are immediately obvious from that description, one thing that is not so obvious : not all symbols are closing bars at the same time. What does it mean : you can have a situation where one symbol have closed a 30 minute bar and another that still did not. In the moment when the other closes that bar, 2 bars of the 30 minute chart have to be recalculated (since one symbol has 2 changed bars) and then things like the one you describe can happen.

Now, remember that CCFp can use up to 8 symbols and see how many possible combinations of different number of bars needed to be recalculated can happen in that case

Thank you very much for the explanation, Mladen. Much appreciated.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Thank you very much for the explanation, Mladen. Much appreciated. Best regards,

That part (the one that ticks are not coming in to different symbols at the same time and that bars are not closed at the same time) is very often overlooked at the people that are talking about "multi symbol trading EAs", and, as you could see just some of the manifestation of that asynchronicity in a multi symbol indicator, imagine what kind of errors (since those would be errors there - opening an order at a wrong tick - tick that does not belong to a target symbol, for example, and similar stuff) can it cause in such a multi symbol trading EA

It seems that we (the humans) are still not used to the fact that events are not happening at the same time for different things

Mladen or Mrtools,

Is it possible to for you code a band(like bollinger) indicator from fır ma ?FIR MA - MQL4 Code Base thanks.

Is there any diffirence between fır ma and SSA or TMA practically?Of course they are calculated differently.

nevar:
Is there any diffirence between fır ma and SSA or TMA practically?Of course they are calculated differently.

nevar

If you are referring to the fact that all of those (I assume that you mean centered TMA, not the regular TMA) are calculated in a way that allows most recent bars values to be changed, then they are the same

FIR MA that qpwr posted there is using the same technique that is used in centered TMA : it is shifted by half period to the left and that is why that gap on the right side occured. To fill it some interpolation should be done, but any interpolation would a subject of change as an opened bar change, so those filled in bars could all change

nevar:
Mladen or Mrtools, Is it possible to for you code a band(like bollinger) indicator from fır ma ?FIR MA - MQL4 Code Base thanks.

nevar

This would be that indicator with standard deviation bands added. The rightmost missing bars are not extrapolated (the indicator values are used as it were coded in the original) so the values for the bands too left out

Files:

mladen:
Sylvester Here you go

Hi Mladen

Thank you sincerely for creating the "Angle of T3 mtf histo" tool. It works very well on the H1/H4 upwards charts. I grew my brand new AVA account by 13% just in this past week alone. I tweaked the settings as follows:-

1. T3 period = 5

2. T3 hot = 0.1

3. T3 original = false

4. Angle level = 9 degrees

5. Angle bars = 2

I would like to experiment with a MACD horizontal histo. Do you have one or else could you knock one up for me (with conventional settings options eg. 12, 26, 9 and colours of varying red & green as in an Osma wave). I suspect that a MACD histo may need to be "two horizontal rows" (twin-set histo) because of the signal line which I would like changing from red to green & vice versa.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Files:
Reason: