Adaptive lookback indicators - page 26

It's a great development and well done finding this SIMBA.

See screenshot. Even after the break high, it 'touched' the upper band again (twice at time of writing).

Cheers and great weekend to all,

San.

Files:
mogalev.png  51 kb

Hi Mladen,

I know that it's the standard demand, but I'm working & it's not ever possible to follow the market (out of office).

Will be possible to add an alert / email alert when price reaches one of the line or enters in a very near to the line zone saying in a predefined parametrable interval.

I have a connection from my iPhone to the PC @ home and if i'll be warned I can start / stop the trade remotely.

Thanks in advance.

BTW does someone from gurus here know how to mount a privat sms server?

Thanks again

Sorry didn't remark the above attachment.

mladen:
Simba

Admit it, you enjoy doing these kind of things to me :)

It is mtfing the future (again ). Except that this one can be solved in a much simpler manner (after all it is a simple linear regression slope projection to the future). So here it is: multi time frame and alerts added. Alerts work properly in mtf mode too. It will alert on every breakout - meaning that it will not wait for opposite direction breakout but will alert whenever upper or lower band is broken

regards

Mladen

Hi Mladen,

I am trying to find out information on the parameters for the bandprice which is set default to 8. I can't remember what it represent though. Could you provide a guide somewhere as i believe you use this as std features on indies that nd to alter price parameters ?

Thanks

KL

Price 8 is a sort of "custom" price Prices 0 to 6 are standard in that indicator, but 7 and 8 are not (type 8 was used directly from the original indicator itself since there is no equivalent in metatrader a custom price had to be used), so the prices for it are enumerated like this

0 - Close

1 - Opne

2 - High

3 - Low

4 - Median (High+low)/2)

5 - Typical (High+Low+Close)/3

6 - Weighted (High+Low+Close+Close)/3

7 - "custom typical" (High+Low+Open+Close)/4

8 - "custom weighted" (High+Low+Open+Close+Close)/5

regards

Mladen

kokleongch:
Hi Mladen,

I am trying to find out information on the parameters for the bandprice which is set default to 8. I can't remember what it represent though. Could you provide a guide somewhere as i believe you use this as std features on indies that nd to alter price parameters ?

Thanks

KL

Someone asked for this not sure where but it belongs here anyway, its the pa adaptive mtf wpr you can either use histogram or not(as in chart below), alerts and arrows are either on the slope or zero cross.

Mrtools

Thanks, mrtools, for the indicator,"pa ma_w_histo_mtf wprsmooth + alerts", I use it with Linear Regrecion nrp (trigger), could you may enter the option to use with smoothed :

SMMA and Alexander MA?

PS. Could you put indicator levell.

Thanks.

mrtools:
Hi Flytox, Added the alb, also added upper band deviation and lower band deviation, if you prefer the regular way can just leave them both at 3.Picture is H4 alb abands on H1 chart!

Mr Tools, or anyone else,

Do you know of something similar to the "TriangularMA centered bands - mtf&alerts", that does not repaint? It is a great indicator except for the fact that it repaints, and hence the results can change?

Regards

gorick

gorick,

Every centered indicator must recalculate. The nature of it is that it must extrapolate the rightmost bars that are missing by centering the values (shifting to left), and since there is no extrapolation that can "predict" values 100% sure, there can not be a non-recalculating centered indicator of any kind either. Sorry

regards

Mladen

gorick:
Mr Tools, or anyone else,

Do you know of something similar to the "TriangularMA centered bands - mtf&alerts", that does not repaint? It is a great indicator except for the fact that it repaints, and hence the results can change?

Regards

gorick

mladen:
gorick,

Every centered indicator must recalculate. The nature of it is that it must extrapolate the rightmost bars that are missing by centering the values (shifting to left), and since there is no extrapolation that can "predict" values 100% sure, there can not be a non-recalculating centered indicator of any kind either. Sorry

regards

Mladen

Mladen,

no need to apologise for a behaviour or explanation, it is appreciated. The next question then is what would be the use of such an indicator then? It doesn't repaint a little but a lot?

If you base an action on a position and then it changes, it isn't really any good? I am curious on how people use it then?

regards

gorick

Reason: