Elite indicators :) - page 628

mladen:
Sylvester First this one : it is a much simpler way of calculation (all in all, 5 lines of code for the CCI calculation) but with a same result as the "alternative" version

Mladen, how does this one differ from the ordinary CCi found in the MT4-Indicator folder, plse?

I see that there is a noticeable difference in reaching the levels.

Thanks for replying.

ValeoFX:
Mladen, how does this one differ from the ordinary CCi found in the MT4-Indicator folder, plse?

I see that there is a noticeable difference in reaching the levels.

Thanks for replying.

ValeoFX

The calculation itself is the same. What is specific is how the "price" is retrieved. That is a kind of a "hybrid" price that consists of highest high and lowest low over cci period + close. That make that difference in values

ValeoFX:
Hello Mladen,

Trust you had a great weekend too.

Be so kind as to adding an audible alert to the attached indicator for me, please.

The vertical lines to extend onto the candles when the indicator change direction signalling the alert.

Much appreciated and thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

That is a decompiled version of solar wind (renamed to that name)

Place it on a same chart with solar winds, remove the fixed minimum and maximum from that indicator properties and you will see what am I talking about

Why on earth would people still insist in trading Solar Wind?

Thank you for your time, Mladen. I still have difficulty seeing when an indicator was decompiled and I apologise for asking you to even look at it. Most annoying to say the least.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Why on earth would people still insist in trading Solar Wind?

Thank you for your time, Mladen. I still have difficulty seeing when an indicator was decompiled and I apologise for asking you to even look at it. Most annoying to say the least.

Best regards,

I don't think that they are trading that indicator

So far I haven't seen a single indicator from "sefc" that wasn't a renamed indicator and, as usual, he does that for the oldest reason in the world : he is selling those pretending to be a coder. The same stuff that "Rita Lasker" does, that "Karl Dittman" does, that "TRO" does, that "raitis" does, that half of eBay selers are doing ... all of them do it for the same reason and using the same way. Some are renaming better stuff some are renaming anything they can lay their hands on, but in the end they are all doing the same old ... and I don't think that any of them traded for a single minute in their life

Thanks Mladen; appreciate you writing about this.

I do NOT pay for any indicator no matter how good it is; that is my philosophy and thanks to experts like you, I never have had to even consider it. That is why I hold your expertise in such high esteem.

Sincerely,

mladen:
And here is the histo version of the alternative CCI. It is a 3 state histo. When it is bellow the lower level it is one color, when it is above the upper level it is another color and when it is between those two 3 levels it is the third color Alerts added to it (on levels break up or down). If you wish a zero cross alerts set the levels both to 0 (then it will be only 2 color histogram). The example bellow is for length 50 and levels -100 and +100 (upper is the previously posted indicator - so that it is obvious how the colors are assigned in this one)

Hi Mladen

Thanks sincerely for doing the conversion for me. After a number of comparisons and tracking today I've seen that I'm actually better off the original CCI histo bar tool that you programmed for me. Thanks all the same anyway!!

Regards

Sylvester

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen & MrTools

I going to be a bit boastful now as it's not everyday that a pretty average guy like me beats you two geniuses to the draw. With reference to the screenshot below ........ how did I do it????

And its absolutely REAL and working by the way!!!! Not bad hey!!!

Regards

Sylvester

Sylvester,

It really does look awesome! great job! could you please supply template and indis for that screenshot? thanks a lot. take care.

traderdp

David

mladen,

I'm trying to convert your Kaufman Ea to a HMA EA, getting "right parenthesis" errors. Line 300 to 331 is where I tried to change it. I put yours back so you can see it compile. Could you check it for me?

Thanks

Ray

traderduke:
mladen,

I'm trying to convert your Kaufman Ea to a HMA EA, getting "right parenthesis" errors. Line 300 to 331 is where I tried to change it. I put yours back so you can see it compile. Could you check it for me?

Thanks

Ray

Ray

Try it out now

Reason: