Elite indicators :) - page 1469

mladen:

That should have nothing to do with the chaos indicator

Anyway, "autorefresh" was "invented" for repainting indicators - it was working a certain way (using low level windows API calls) and there is no need to use it when there is no problem with the used indicators at all. It is just slowing down your terminal

Thanks chief. You're a beautiful man.

rumpus:

Hi Mladen,

I run several charts at once, and I get a response lag when i put this one on for some reason. I limit my bars to about 5000 bars per chart, but really only need 3 days of bars to trade my way. I tried it with and without and I get a lag only when it is on.  I trade intraday with constant range bars, and have tested all the other indicators for this lag. When news hits with larger volatility, my terminal crashes with this on.

I like the high low calc on this and the pip count between vertices, so if there is a better option please suggest an alternative if that's easier. I don't use the MTF function or interpolation, the envelopes or the lines. I only use the pip count and the dots to see the higher high, lower low vertex relationship to previous price action.

Thank you for your question, I really love your work.

Rumpus 

I am not sure what could cause that

Will post a stripped version a bit later (the version that is not multi time frame) so that you can check how it works then

rumpus:

Hello All,

This High-Low Trend is a work of art. I was wondering if someone could put a bar limitation parameter on the indicator. I would like to limit the processing on offline charts.

thanks,

Rumpus 

Try using this version (only the "basic" version - no multi time frame options in it)

Thanks a ton. I will test and report back.

rumpus:

Hello All,

This High-Low Trend is a work of art. I was wondering if someone could put a bar limitation parameter on the indicator. I would like to limit the processing on offline charts.

thanks,

Rumpus 

What offline are you using?

sebastianK:
It should be the same (if the offline chart is correctly coded)

sebastianK:

After years of poking around, I settled on an 8 pip constant range bar. I have used renko and tick bars, but I like how these show market structures while uncovering the price action hidden in higher timeframes. For a long time I thought a 5 pip bar was better, but I was being turned around in more volatile markets. With the 8 pip, it still gives me a good R:R on entry to previous price action but with more structure than say a 10 pip constant range bar. Mladen's High-low Trend gives me the larger structure to draw my trend lines and trend barriers to see when price stretches without thinking too hard about it, and I get to trade very tight to individual price fluctuations. The pip count makes it simple for me to check for the session range, ADR and size of expansions relative to previous vertex sizes, giving me a clue on how far the market may go.

The chart set up I posted uses custom indicators that aren't mine to share, but a virtually identical chart set up would use a LWMA Keltner channel at 34, with a separation between the channels at 1.6, and the HA bars are painted with the Synergy Pro APB, with a Laguerre Stochastic to show me when the market impulses are strong enough for a response. Along with some other utility tools (like session high lows, etc...) and drawn trend lines, it's a simple setup but with a lot of market legibility. All of these indicators are available here or elsewhere. With a basic understanding of accumulation/distribution areas, harmonics, power laws and the fractal nature of the market, there are many set ups within this chart to trade profitably every day.

The difficulty of trading anything, of course, is trusting what you see, and that unfortunately can only come from time, some hard knocks and a lot of sweat. There are no shortcuts, and there is no holy grail. I have found my way to trade. I hope everyone here finds theirs.

Hello Guys,

Does anyone has this indicator ? So in the middle of the graph, you seen all the lines come together with this blue green icon, and apparently that was the low of the day.

Anyone ?

Tx 

Files:
spasibo6.png  211 kb

Vinny:

Hello Guys,

Does anyone has this indicator ? So in the middle of the graph, you seen all the lines come together with this blue green icon, and apparently that was the low of the day.

Anyone ?

Tx 

ZigZag, Semaphore and the Triangle, everything is repainting on the chart and is not suitable for live trading as well as for learning purposes. Rate BS.

Dear Mladen

If you had to choose between these two indicators (yours!), which one would you prefer for 1D timeframe?

* alma1.2_1

* swing_line_2_1_3

Many thanks in advance!    Jos

Reason: