Elite indicators :) - page 1351

tkrkmksk:

Dear traders

I am very thankful for guidance and indicators from this forum especially mladen, mrtools and mntiwana.

Guide me whether the attached indicator repaints or not?

Any alternate indicator made by you?

Thanks in advance.

All Indicators at tsd are coded by mladen/mrtools , i am only repeater :)

mntiwana:

All Indicators at tsd are coded by mladen/mrtools , i am only repeater :)

files have not been attached. so edited and attached. please refer.thank you for your early response.

tkrkmksk:
files have not been attached. so edited and attached. please refer.thank you for your early response.
Only i means,that is repainter according to mladen.

tkrkmksk:

That is not coded in original by me

As I told : that is originally coded by ANG (if I am correct). I am not saying that it is bad (ANG is a very good coder). But I told that it recalculates (as some call it repaints). And no alternative (to my knowledge). At least not by me (or mrtools)

mladen:

That is not coded in original by me

As I told : that is originally coded by ANG (if I am correct). I am not saying that it is bad (ANG is a very good coder). But I told that it recalculates (as some call it repaints). And no alternative (to my knowledge). At least not by me (or mrtools)

Thank you for your guidance. I am thankful to you. 

mladen:

Stochastic averages - gradient version upgraded too (there was no version 1.1 to 1.5 - this version 1.6 is to make the version numbers same as the "plain" version of the indicator)

Dear mladen
Has been very much admire you, and has been concerned about you.
I have a question I would like to bother you, is that you have previously compiled an indicator, the name is Stochastic averages filtered - gradient 1.6, I am very interested in it. However, always indicator_Histo _width 2, and can not be adjusted.
So, if possible, I would like you to change the width 8, please take care.

yudaxuan:
Dear mladen
Has been very much admire you, and has been concerned about you.
I have a question I would like to bother you, is that you have previously compiled an indicator, the name is Stochastic averages filtered - gradient 1.6, I am very interested in it. However, always indicator_Histo _width 2, and can not be adjusted.
So, if possible, I would like you to change the width 8, please take care.

yudaxuan

Here is a version in which you can adjust that too

mladen:

yudaxuan

Here is a version in which you can adjust that too

Dear mladen
Thank you very much for your timely response, I will immediately install and test, once again thanks.

mladen:

For Halloween

It is a digital filter based on sync() function. In short sync is defined as sync(n) = sin(n*Pi)/(n*Pi) and is, as it is obvious, using a syne wave like shaped coefficients for filtering - smoothing.

But, there is a but : sync can not be used "as is" for that purpose or one will get surprised with the result "jumping around" for different calculating lengths (I know at least one person that did not know that and was even bragging with a "fastest moving average there is" based on sync() and I suppose that by the time he discovered that "jumping effect" al he was left to do is to disappear from internet scene). For purpose of avoiding that, windowing is used. In this indicator I "overdid" a bit and made almost every window variation that is found in wikipedia (here is a link with rather good description of different types of window functions : Window function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

After this description, now about some of the parameters. The 3 most important parameters are the frequency cutoff, the filter (window) type and the "causal" parameter.

Filter type can be :

0 - Hamming

1 - Hanning

2 - Blackman

3 - Blackman Harris

4 - Blackman Nutall

5 - Nutall

6 - Bartlet zero end points

7 - Bartlet Hann

8 - Hann

9 - Sine

10 - Lanczos

11 - "flat top"

Frequency cutoff can vary between 0 and 0.5. General rule is that the greater the cutoff is the "faster" the filter is, and the smaller the cutoff is the smoother the filter is.

And the most "problematic" parameter : the causal. In original filters (in digital signal processing) they are mostly using a non-causal (centered) mode since that way they can get a much clearer signal and a delay in a couple of hertzs is not noticeable at all. But in TA it can cause problems. So I decided to have an option to have a causal (non-recalculating, non-centered mode) and a non-causal (recalculating centered mode). One may ask why did I leave the non-causal mode. Well, for estimations, and for some other possible applications, And I like the extrapolation method used in it (it makes the possible error less and less depending on distance from current bar). Recalculation takes is (period-1)/bars (for example for a 15 period filter 7 bars can recalculate : 7th very little, 6th a bit more and so on ... I think that explains the how extrapolation is done) . Here is a comparison of the 2 modes (15 period, 0.01 Bartlet-Hann window types) :

Second indicator attached was a tool I made to check myself if I am doing the windowing OK. Decided to post it here too since it can help greatly in understanding how the filtering is done for some window type and that way it can help. Here is how a Bartlet-Hann window looks like for cutoff 0.1 (left) and 0.01 (right along with filters with same window type and cutoffs

Is there a newer version of this?

whisperer:
Is there a newer version of this?
Will check
Reason: