Elite indicators :) - page 379

Feed back...

mrtools:
Hi Valeo, Think i found it in the normalizing part found this for( int k=0; k < NormPeriod - 1 ; k++), which i'm pretty sure it should be for( int k=0; k < NormPeriod; k++) anyway please test this version should be good and thanks for pointing this out.

====================

Good morning MrTools,

I am sorry to have to inform you that there still is a problem with this indicator. It is inconsistent in signalling and in one instance threw the signal back by 4 bars. I am running it 24/7 on SnapShot.

Unless you can "fix it" (and I use the term loosely for those not having mastered the English language), I would suggest that it is "no use to man or beast"

Wishing you a successful day.

ValeoFX:
====================

Good morning MrTools,

I am sorry to have to inform you that there still is a problem with this indicator. It is inconsistent in signalling and in one instance threw the signal back by 4 bars. I am running it 24/7 on SnapShot.

Unless you can "fix it" (and I use the term loosely for those not having mastered the English language), I would suggest that it is "no use to man or beast"

Wishing you a successful day.

Good morning Valeo,

If you are talking about the last version i posted "normalized deviations + atr oscillator_mtf +alerts", what you are saying is not true, been watching it last night and tonight on 1 minute timeframe and have not seen a hint of repainting after the bar closes. Then put it in multi timeframe(where it should repaint in the first place) and again no repaint, and that was using it on m5 timeframe on m1 chart.

hello MrTools, could you please add up/down arrows when orange line changes slope direction?

thank you MrTools, but with same settings I can't get a slope equal to the previous version of the indicator?

settings: 0,12,12,3,1,100,21,0

SnapShot proof

mrtools:
Good morning Valeo, If you are talking about the last version i posted "normalized deviations + atr oscillator_mtf +alerts", what you are saying is not true, been watching it last night and tonight on 1 minute timeframe and have not seen a hint of repainting after the bar closes. Then put it in multi timeframe(where it should repaint in the first place) and again no repaint, and that was using it on m5 timeframe on m1 chart.

==================

MrTools, thank you for the reply. I have it all on SnapShot, but I am prepared to run it one more time before I send you the SnapShot report. Hopefully by Saturday.

Best regards.

Report back on NormDev repainting issue

Hi MrTools,

I ran the latest one with the alerts on it since you posted it and according to SnapShot results, it does NOT repaint. Thank you for your continued support and striving for excellence.

Enjoy your weekend.

Best wishes.

Files:

Hi Mladen,

I like the floating levels! Can the indicator be improved by dynamically adjusting rsi/RSX with CFB? If so, could you also add ForSymbol and alert options too.

Thanks

-spotforex

mladen:
This indicator is an extension of the indicator posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733/page13 . In that post I explained the resons for making "floating levels" so it might be a good idea to read that post too

PS - just as a reminder : floating levels start to show the why are they better when a long RSI period is used (above example uses RSI 50)

"Non-repainting" arrows on MTF indicators

Hello everyone! Since this is the first time ever I'm making a post on this forum, I would like to join those numerous people who had already expressed their appreciation with so high level of dedication and professionalism of the forum's coders and contributors. The educational and warm atmosphere here made a lot of nice hours of reading and studying for me!

Now the actual question. Is this possible to make a tool which will plot arrows on all, both correct and wrong, signals generated by MTF indicators and, more importantly, will keep them on the past data? I am especially interested in seeing such areas which were "polished" by an MTF indicator, e.g. the indicator shows that there was a buy but arrows confirm that somewhere at the biginning or in the middle of that buy there was a "fake" sale. Can this be done on, for example, famous Mladen's nonlag MA?

Thank you very much for your attention, and best regards!

mladen:
The original idea for this one was from Alexander Kirilyuk M. but he called it a "adaptive RSI" which is misleading since it is not an RSI but a moving average. So, a short description of it would be that it is a RSI adapted EMA. Some changes in the original idea were made in order to make it a bit more responsive (faster) to the price changes

Made 2 flavors : the "on chart" (which is logical since it is a moving average after all) but also, since it has the floating levels, a separate window version that can be used as an oscillator. Here is an example of both on a same chart :

PS: do not expect from this one to "slow down" as usual moving averages. Since it is slowing down RSI first and only then it is used to calculate an EMA, making calculating lengths longer does not have the same effect as usual moving averages. Also in the rsi type the what I called an "Ehhlers rsi" is removed since it is identical to Cuttler rsi and Cuttler rsi was there first only Cuttler name is left. Choices for RsiMethodare the following

0 - Rsi -

1 - Wilders rsi

2 - Rsx

3 - Cuttler rsi

Perfect

Many Thanks

mladen,

Would it be possible to modify the iVAR browser so that the user can choose which TFs it will display in the list instead of displaying all the TFs?

thanks,

jim

mladen:
Well, I hope that this is what you were looking for. I call it a browser rather than a dashboard (since it shows data from all time frames)

It takes all the time frames and calculates nBarsvalues of iVar, and then :
- calculates the percentage of bars that are above the required level(this point works on nBarssample, so it is probably the weakest point since, for the sake of the speed it is advisable to use smaller nBarsparameter as well as the lack of data (EURUSD on monthly chart has some 300 bars, so it is far from being a representative sample))

- calculates the duration (in bars) of the current "state" : if the current value is above levelthen it calculates how many bars ago it crossed up and if the current value is bellow levelit calculates how may bars ago it crossed down. Did not convert the duration in bars to time since clearly higher time frames would be always in front of the list if the duration in time was considered

Sorting can be done (with SortByparameter) :
1 : sorted by current values

2 : sorted by duration of the state

all the rest : sorted by the percentage of iVar values above level

Level is adjustable (unlike the original) so you are not limited to 0.5 level

regards

Mladen
Reason: