Elite indicators :) - page 153

Thank you mladen

I commented out line 257, and get the Adjust_for_DST is not referenced warning, however I still wasn't able to adjust the TZ settings after doing this.

If the DST auto adjust fuctionality is the issue, can it be removed? A stripped down version of the indicator without all the bells and whistles (that actually works) would be great.

Kind regards,

Fudo

mladen:
Fudo,

it seems that the Adjust_for_DST() function has to do with the problem (I commented out the line where it is called (line 257 of the source) and then it seems to work OK) Will check some more, but please, if you can, comment out that same line too (disregard the "not used" warning messages issued by the compiler) and see if that is what you expect the indicator to do then

regards

mladen

Dear mladen, friends,

I am sure this indicator exists....I've searched the forum but just can not find it.

Here goes:

Indicator calculates:

1. Calculate Average High: average of past 5 (or more) daily highs.

2. Calculate Average Low: average of past 5 (or more) daily lows.

3. Calculate High-Low of past 5 bars and draw a "bar" (two horizontal lines really, but in a "box" on right side of chart)

4. Calculate High Range: this is the average of the range of these past highs:

((MathAbs(High[1]-High[2])+(MathAbs(High[2]-High[3])+(MathAbs(High[3]-High[4])+(MathAbs(High[4]-High[5]))/4[/PHP]

Now draw High Band:

• High Band 1: Average High + High Range
  • High Band 2: Average High - High Range

Same for Low Band.

If anyone knows if suchs indicator exists, please let me know where I can find it.

If not, mladen can you please do your magic?

Thanks all in advance.

San. [PHP]

clc4x,

As far as I know, it was not. It is now
regards

mladen

clc4x:
Please enlighten me if this indicator is available?
Files:

WOW! amazing. let me try it out.

mladen:
clc4x, As far as I know, it was not. It is now
regards mladen

Just found pdf file (attached) - may be related to this Countback line indicator about how to use it.

Files:
guppy-cbl.pdf  344 kb

San,

This one is made according to your description. Added some parameters to make it a bit more flexible.
HlbPeriod-> period to calculate (default 5 as in your example)

HlbTimeFrame-> time frame to use (default is daily)

HlbTimeFrameShift-> starting bar from a target time frame to use for range calculation (default 1st closed bar)

HlbRangeMultiplier-> multiplier for average range to add to average high or low (default 1 as in your example)

PS: what I left out is the "box" on the right side. Instead added gray dotted lines for average high and low in the indicator (as on picture : 4 hour target time frame)

regards

mladen

Snowski:
Dear mladen, friends,

I am sure this indicator exists....I've searched the forum but just can not find it.

Here goes:

Indicator calculates:

1. Calculate Average High: average of past 5 (or more) daily highs.

2. Calculate Average Low: average of past 5 (or more) daily lows.

3. Calculate High-Low of past 5 bars and draw a "bar" (two horizontal lines really, but in a "box" on right side of chart)

4. Calculate High Range: this is the average of the range of these past highs:

((MathAbs(High[1]-High[2])+(MathAbs(High[2]-High[3])+(MathAbs(High[3]-High[4])+(MathAbs(High[4]-High[5]))/4

Now draw High Band:

• High Band 1: Average High + High Range
  • High Band 2: Average High - High Range

Same for Low Band.

If anyone knows if suchs indicator exists, please let me know where I can find it.

If not, mladen can you please do your magic?

Thanks all in advance.

San.

BIG thanks mladen, you're brilliant...!

Will try out immediately, looks great tho.

And extra features, love it.

P.S. Did I mentioned you're brilliant?

Cheers, San.

mladen:
clc4x, As far as I know, it was not. It is now
regards mladen

To me this indicator is almost the same as HiLow Channel Jurik, entries are almost identical.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a breakout trend trading.

Will study it

newdigital:
Just found pdf file (attached) - may be related to this Countback line indicator about how to use it.

hi mladen,

I know you're busy, but I was wondering if you had a chance to look at the TZPivots?

Thanks

Fudo

mladen:
Fudo,

it seems that the Adjust_for_DST() function has to do with the problem (I commented out the line where it is called (line 257 of the source) and then it seems to work OK) Will check some more, but please, if you can, comment out that same line too (disregard the "not used" warning messages issued by the compiler) and see if that is what you expect the indicator to do then

regards

mladen
Reason: