ML1 - Multi Lot clone based on SMA filter - page 10

leightonbeaty:
HI,

I have had this EA attached to 3 pairs now for 2 days without any entries.

The journals shows they all were attached with no errors and I have a SMILEY FACE, any ideas why no entries?????

Any ideas , suggestions??

thanks in advance,

leighton

see if it will compile, then see if it will run in the backtester.

multilotscalperILF2

HI ,

The EA compiles with no errors.

Tried the strategy tester, results had no entries, have tried both the settings with the setting as the EA had on it when I downloaded it and also tried changing settings and Time Frames and all came back with no entries????

tks ,

leighton

leightonbeaty:
HI ,

Tried the strategy tester, results had no entries, have tried both the settings with the setting as the EA had on it when I downloaded it and also tried changing settings and Time Frames and all came back with no entries????

tks ,

leighton

I don't know what to suggest, can you run the original multilotscalper? are you using interbank or some other broker? Apparently some EA's work on some brokers and not on others, I don't understand the ins and outs of it all. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. I really didn't add anything to the original multilotscalper code that would account for that sort of problem as far as I know.

There is one other thing I might suggest which resolved a similar issue for me once. I had an expired demo account. They only run for a month in some cases and then they expire. Try opening a new demo account and then see if that account will run it. That's really the last thing I can suggest. Good luck.

Note to myself...examine the closing code of this ea...tonight it closed all 5 trades in it's series when it reached the lowest take profit level of the 5...what's up with that? It's not closing based on the tp levels of each trade it's doing something collectively to close..find out what it's doing.

Aaragorn:
Note to myself...examine the closing code of this ea...tonight it closed all 5 trades in it's series when it reached the lowest take profit level of the 5...what's up with that? It's not closing based on the tp levels of each trade it's doing something collectively to close..find out what it's doing.

if this code still in your ea , i may right

if(PreviousOpenOrders > OpenOrders)

for(......)

{

}the code above will close all open positions when one of them disappeared (by any reason)

leightonbeaty:
HI ,

tks ,

leighton

If it's any consolation, I just downloaded the EA on my laptop so I could run backtests and forward tests on that as well...It will run forward test and attaches fine to the chart. It doesn't execute any trades in the backtester at least not on the one minute chart. It executes trades on the other charts but not the one minute chart which is where it's run the best on my desktop computer. Go figure. Metatrader is the most wierd platform when it comes to stability.

this is something I started but don't have time today to finish. I post it just to show other developers my idea. The thing I was starting was trying to teach the EA to recognize a candlestick reversal pattern and close on that rather than go to the full extent of the stop loss. If you have time and want to develop this idea feel free. I'll try to get back to it as soon as I can.

Files:

took a little different tac on this...I asked it to close the series if the series had made 10% account growth. It looks like less is more. $500 goes to $4.8 million previous best was 4.1

Yes, the logic behind this EA is very interesting...

I have spent few hours backtesting some settings on 2 years 1min EUR-USD data

Till now I found that following settings generate most promising results.

But still we have to be prepared for drawdowns up to almost 8000$...

With regards

govinda

Files:

Aaragorn:
took a little different tac on this...I asked it to close the series if the series had made 10% account growth. It looks like less is more. $500 goes to $4.8 million previous best was 4.1

Hi Aaragorn

I was trying to run each one of your modificated versions of EA but my strategy taster did not generate any results. Do you know why?

Does anyone else have similar problems?

govinda

Reason: