ML1 - Multi Lot clone based on SMA filter - page 12

Hi Aaragon,

I was just reading about your problems with backtesting, I also used to have the same problem (i.e. different results on the same params), I now generate my own fxt files and I never have the probem. My guess is that when you re-calaculate MT is somehow getting the live spread (and maybe other 'live' params) and using it in the regeneration of the fxt file, I noticed this problem was particulary bad on the weekends. If the FXT file does not change the results stay the same, if you are using Alpari or build 200 data I would suggest the backtesting results are probably misleading anyway.

Craig:
Hi Aaragon, I was just reading about your problems with backtesting, I also used to have the same problem (i.e. different results on the same params), I now generate my own fxt files and I never have the probem. My guess is that when you re-calaculate MT is somehow getting the live spread (and maybe other 'live' params) and using it in the regeneration of the fxt file, I noticed this problem was particulary bad on the weekends. If the FXT file does not change the results stay the same, if you are using Alpari or build 200 data I would suggest the backtesting results are probably misleading anyway.

please post your EA here and setting

Huh? I'm talking about backtesting accuracy not an EA.

abrs70:
please post your EA here and setting

Ok, here is my latest version of this. I added a spread block to it which is hard coded for 2 pips. I'm watching it run forward on IBFX today and they are as typical widening the spread to 6 pips. This version simply won't open a position unless the spread is 2 pips or less. Hah! I just won't play their game. When the spread comes back in line the program will allow trades.

can someone explain to me what will happen if we use mm=1 ? i run backtest on fxdd, the opened lots are not double.... quite strange...

ML1 EA in 4 Hours periods

If somebody can help me. How can I change this EA to use in 4 hours periods?

Aaragorn:
Ok, here is my latest version of this. I added a spread block to it which is hard coded for 2 pips. I'm watching it run forward on IBFX today and they are as typical widening the spread to 6 pips. This version simply won't open a position unless the spread is 2 pips or less. Hah! I just won't play their game. When the spread comes back in line the program will allow trades.

can i run on 3 spread broker? can i run on micro?

Aaragorn:

how well is this EA ? can you show results? or you should open new thread

Aaragorn:

hey...i got this error on Northfinance.... error of short entry 131... whats up dude?

abrs70:
hey...i got this error on Northfinance.... error of short entry 131... whats up dude?

ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME 131 Invalid trade volume.

is your account set to allow microlots of 0.01? if not then your smallest lot allowed might be 0.1?

Reason: