ML1 - Multi Lot clone based on SMA filter - page 11

govinda:
Hi Aaragorn

I was trying to run each one of your modificated versions of EA but my strategy taster did not generate any results. Do you know why?

Does anyone else have similar problems?

govinda

I wish I did. I have no idea.

Doesn't work here either;

2006.09.25 05:24:33 2006.01.13 22:59 multilotscalperILF3a EURUSD,M1: invalid price 1.21425005 for OrderSend function

Thats all Im getting.

for the past week i have been focused on the cyberiatrader...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174700/page31

today I got a similar backtester problem to what I have experienced with the backtester running the multilotscalper and the gogetter expert advisors.

All three of these EA's have now demonstrated the same backtester problem.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

The problem in a nutshell (at least one problem I know of, there may be additional problems) is that the backtester doesn't reproduce identical results on identical tests. I have written the metaquotes bugtracker customer service people three times about this. Each time they insist that new quotes are being used and therefore the data is modeling a different data set. This however is nonsense to me since no new quotes are added to this date range back in 2005. New quotes only apply to today. I run my tests minutes apart. The only new quotes would be the five or ten minutesetween the time I run my tests. How many new quotes can come into the data in that time? 5 or 10 one minute quotes? ...all of which are on today's date which have no relevance to the date range back in sept. of 2005? That being the case how can 'new quotes' be responsible for the difference in how the backtester processes that historical date range back in sept of 2005?

No matter how many times I have explained this to Tatayna at metaquotes the logic of it escapes her. I don't think she is a programming technician (based on her inability to understand this) and/or I don't believe my issues are reaching anyone at the company who IS a programming technician (who has the ability to understand this).

That's all I have concluded about the backtester.

1- the backtester itself is unstable.

2- all attempts to get the makers of the backtester to address the insabilities are to this point falling on deaf or ignorant ears.

this has now happened on Three different EA's. that leads me to believe that the problems are not in any of the EA codes. That's all I can conclude at this point.

personally I'm in the market for another trading platform. I'm really tired of this stuff.

well this isn't so great

Aaragorn,

Did you experienced similar problems while running tested EAs when Metatrader is offline?

govinda:
Aaragorn, Did you experienced similar problems while running tested EAs when Metatrader is offline?

I'm not sure how to answer that.

I try to avoid running any tests when the markets are closed and the servers are offline. I don't understand why that effects test results but it appears it does.

All is wonderfull

aaragon, so many versions EA from you.... keep it cool dude... give us a break... so far which one do you suggest?

Nybegynner:
Doesn't work here either;

2006.09.25 05:24:33 2006.01.13 22:59 multilotscalperILF3a EURUSD,M1: invalid price 1.21425005 for OrderSend function

Thats all Im getting.

ah well if it's getting that error then perhaps using a normalizedouble() to limit the decimal to only 4 places will allow it to work?

abrs70:
aaragon, so many versions EA from you.... keep it cool dude... give us a break... so far which one do you suggest?

I havn't got one that gives me what I want yet. Some are closer than others.

The breaks you get are pretty much the breaks you make aren't they?

Reason: