EA on VPS Not Executing Trades

Hi all,

I have a slight technical issue with my VPS and just looking for any advice.

My EA is synchronised to the VPS, and showing the smiley face on the chart, but when I turn off my laptop it doesn't execute trades that it should be.

It runs perfectly on backtests, so I'm presuming it's an issue with how I've set up the VPS?

Currently just operating on the 'Free' basis of the VPS at the moment as this is the first day that I've tried live trades.

Hope you can help!

RainyDay:

Hi all,

I have a slight technical issue with my VPS and just looking for any advice.

My EA is synchronised to the VPS, and showing the smiley face on the chart, but when I turn off my laptop it doesn't execute trades that it should be.

It runs perfectly on backtests, so I'm presuming it's an issue with how I've set up the VPS?

Currently just operating on the 'Free' basis of the VPS at the moment as this is the first day that I've tried live trades.

Hope you can help!

What VPS is that, because if its MQL5 VPS you shouldn't have a smiley face on the local chart.

After you synchronize/migrate your EA and local trading environment on the MQL5 VP server, the face must turn sad, because the EA has been migrated to the virtual server.

Follow these instructions to make sure that you've done it alright: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/343747/page2#comment_16900168

Eleni Anna Branou:

What VPS is that, because if its MQL5 VPS you shouldn't have a smiley face on the local chart.

After you synchronize/migrate your EA and local trading environment on the MQL5 VP server, the face must turn sad, because the EA has been migrated to the virtual server.

Follow these instructions to make sure that you've done it alright: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/343747/page2#comment_16900168

Hi Eleni,

Thank you so much for the reply.

I followed that thread step for step and it's exactly what I did yesterday.

On the server journal it shows the correct results of 1 chart and 1 EA (which is exactly what I want).

Just to confirm:  should I leave the sad face on the local chart once I have migrated successfully?

Thanks again for the help!

RainyDay:

Hi Eleni,

Thank you so much for the reply.

I followed that thread step for step and it's exactly what I did yesterday.

On the server journal it shows the correct results of 1 chart and 1 EA (which is exactly what I want).

Just to confirm:  should I leave the sad face on the local chart once I have migrated successfully?

Thanks again for the help!

When you complete the synchronization/migration with the MQL5 VPS, you don't click the Auto Trading button again, because you will trade twice.

I myself remove and EAs from my local charts, in case something is clicked by accident.

Eleni Anna Branou:

When you complete the synchronization/migration with the MQL5 VPS, you don't click the Auto Trading button again, because you will trade twice.

I myself remove and EAs from my local charts, in case something is clicked by accident.

Thank you for your help!
Reason: