ML1 - Multi Lot clone based on SMA filter - page 8

i dont understand how your settings work Aaragon. seems like the 50 lot came out of no where. sorry if i missed something

It looks hot in the backtester but I think it's pushing too much margin. I may have taken losses getting margin called. I'm backing my ILF setting from .11 back to .21...

That's the part I tweaked that increases the lots. that pushed it so far...

herkfsu:
i dont understand how your settings work Aaragon. seems like the 50 lot came out of no where. sorry if i missed something

You didn't miss it, you don't have this setting in your version...It's because I've been using a version that I tweaked to increase lots. This is how I got the 500 to 4.7 million in the backtester. I added this lot increase code in two places but ended up turing it off in one of them so it only functions where I left it active. It's just an expirement. This is the 'LotIncreaseFactor' which I refer to as the ILF in the previous post. I studied this in my other EA it works better in this one actually.

Files:

after a few days so far so good. this is default settings

i am trying another account with 40 SL and 10 TP. ill let you know it it goes.

Files:

for some reason the .htm file of this doesn't upload, sorry I can't show you, presumably the file is too large for this website, but my recent backtest with the version I posted earlier with the ILF set to .22 took $500 to $11,822,294.81 over a test range of from 2005-09-09 to the present using the 1M chart and the gpbusd pair.

Files:

could you make it a little safer? why not try it on a $500 account?

herkfsu:

The thought has crossed my mind. Of course I can scale it down. I suppose my interest is first is it stable. If it is, then I'll proceed to dial in my own risk tolerance. It hasn't done much all day.

I would like to understand better how this EA thinks, get inside it and understand it's logics and how it's processing and making decisions. Can anyone explain that to me in plain english?

I don't see this using any magic numbers, what happens when more than one instance of this is running at the same time on different charts in the same account? Wonder if it needs some enhancement that way? Never mind I see where it's only counting open orders if the symbols match, guess that will do.

herkfsu:

What exactly do you mean by safer?

I do have some ideas about that, but it's going to take me awhile to get time to work on them. Personally I'm likin what I'm seein so far. It wouldn't go from 500 to over 11 million if it weren't making more than it's losing. To me that's one way to define safety.

ok this seems to be the order criteria...

double ma1=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_M15,mP,0,0,5,0+mI);

double ma2=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_M15,mP,0,0,5,1+mI);

bool NewOrder=false;

if ( MathAbs(ma1-ma2)/Point > mL )

{

NewOrder = true;

}[/PHP]

so let's see if I have this right...

based on these settings which came set like this...

[PHP]extern int mP = 28;

extern int mI = 2;

extern double mL = 2;

regardless of what chart it's running on it looks back 2 and 3 15 min bars with 28 period moving averages therefore

ma1 = typical price 30 mins ago

ma2 = typical price 45 mins ago

if ( MathAbs (tp30 - tp45)/point > (2))

then it's a new order

what does this mean?....I think it means that the price has to have moved (down?) more than 2 so between those times? or in other words there was this degree of volitility shall we say. between 30 and 45 mins ago...interesting....and that's all it takes to trigger a new order. hum this is intriguing.

well trading 55 lots will wipe out a 500 or even 5000 dollar account quickly if the wrong situation occurs. I dont understand how the EA works. Did you say you were trying to figure it out as well?

Reason: