XP Moving Average! - page 42

pipsqueak4x:
....into the code of a moving average? I am working with XPMA (which is a MA that changes color from Coder's Guru) and I am trying to have multiple currency lines displayed in a single chart which change color according to their Moving Avg. direction.

I trade triangularly (strength vs weakness and trade the cross) and I use XPMA in different currency charts and compare their direction visually and am trying to get them into a single chart and am having difficulty.

I have added an extern string for a currency but it doesn't pull another currency's data in. I believe I need more instructions in the code.

Can anybody make any suggestions? Thanks.

If you want indicator calculated with another pair than the one youy attached your indy, you must replace the "NULL" by the new pair:

extern string NewSymbol = "USDJPY";

iMA(NewSymbol,0,MA_Period,.....);

Remember to write your symbol EXACTLY like your broker display it.

FerruFx

Thank You

FerruFx,

Thank You - I will plug it in and see what I can massage it with. I'll share it if it works should anyone want it as well.

Kindly,

pipsqueak4x

pipsqueak4x:
FerruFx,

Thank You - I will plug it in and see what I can massage it with. I'll share it if it works should anyone want it as well.

Kindly,

pipsqueak4x

You're welcome.

FerruFx

xpMA seems to calculated at the open of a candle only.

So when i put the actual MA from MT4, and xpMA using same period, ma_method, they always different.

Is there any modified version that works in real time, tick by tick?

Lot Size???

Maybe I missed this along the way, but I have a question regarding Lot Size.

I like the fact that the XpMA EA chooses the "number" of lots based on my Margin, this is a great feature, but I've been trying to set the Lot Size and that's where I'm having problems.

If I want to set the lot size from 1.0 to 0.1 or .01 - how do I do that? I've tried adjusting "Lots" in the EA, but that is not working. Each of my trades are for $10 a lot, which is more than I normally trade. Any ideas?

(I know they say that size doesn't matter, but that's not what my forex broker says)

Thanks,

brentgag

am new,cant use/see the signal buffers

XP Moving Average:

I'm one of Moving Average loyal fans, I like all the types of well known Moving Average:

Simple moving average, Exponential moving average, Smoothed moving average, Linear weighted moving average, Double Exponential Moving Average, Triple Exponential Moving Average and T3 Moving Average.

(Please read the settings page)

I like too see the Moving Average Indicator changes its color according to its direction (like red for up and blue for down).

But where to find such XP Moving Average?? I didn't find it, I created it to enjoy it together!

History (I don't remember the dates and time):
  • Current version is version 4! But the name of the indicator still called xpMA.mq4!
  • Version 1 was repainting the past now it's not!
  • Added: Debug mode option which when you turn it on it will take screen shots of every tick to be proof that the indicator doesn't print the past.
  • Added: Moving Average type 7 JMA.
  • Added: Arrows upon color changes.
  • Added Sound Alert upon color changes.
  • Changed: The method of changing the color upon the direction change.
  • Added: Signal buffer added to make it easy to make an EA based on the xpMA (-1 means sell signal, 1 means buy signal and 0 means nothing).
Note: the T3MA.mq4 and JMA.mq4 (included) are required files for the Moving Average type 6 and 7.

www.xpworx.com/XP Moving Average.htm[/URL

cant see the signal buffers, i like ur indicators, its very accurate, just want to know how to use the signal buffer and am o.k

thanks

T3

CG.

Can u setting this indicator T3 (T3MA) to your xpMa?

Maybe this indicator can work with xpMa-T3MA.. (try)

Files:
t3.mq4  5 kb

Petor

SIMBA:
Hi Tragapips and Mikejody

1-TRAGAPIPS,I have attached a copy of T3.mq4 and T3MA.mq4,hope they solve your problem,just save them in "experts>>indicators" then compile them and you should be set and ready to work with XPMA.Please see the attachment.

2-MIKEJODY:I do not know exactly,but have tried this XPMA indicator in lower timefranes-to see if it repaints or not- and I do not think it repaints the past.I think it is a very accurate trend filter for the 1h/4h timeframes.Anyway Codersguru is the person that can best answer your query.

Best Regards.

SIMBA

T3-Serie and T3MA are wonderful, perfect Indicators! Thank You very much!

I have the same question.. :

brentgag:

I like the fact that the XpMA EA chooses the "number" of lots based on my Margin, this is a great feature, but I've been trying to set the Lot Size and that's where I'm having problems.

If I want to set the lot size from 1.0 to 0.1 or .01 - how do I do that? I've tried adjusting "Lots" in the EA, but that is not working. Each of my trades are for $10 a lot, which is more than I normally trade. Any ideas?

brentgag

XPMA v.9

excused I have l' pointer XPMA and I would want to make it to become a EA That it buys and it sells in automatic rifle

scusate il mio inglese sono Italiano