10points 3.mq4 - page 464

parameter vhflevel = 0?

mrtools:
Hi Rjo,Thanks for the information, added the Rsi filter as an on off true or false type switch did a backtest, but on all the other indicators put them on zero timeframe, all my laptop can handle is a couple months backtest, and on 1 minute timeframe Ea did well, think i had the upLevel around 53 and dnLevel arount 47 ish, the test (for what its worth) seemed to correspond with the daily Rsi readings, but thinking about it being its a daily Rsi probably only need to check once a day and set the Ea accordingly.

Thanks for your work.In ea _10_pts_3_Smi_Rsi.mq4 . there is no parameter vhflevel = 0. however, in the "Strategy report" appears the same. Is that why? I can not reproduce the results?

regards

Lordorly,

Hi Lordorly,

The vhf level I had removed in the indicator call in the non rsi version before, had forgotten to remove the external parameter until i saw it in this version, to me the vhf level was a hassle seemed you needed to adjust it for every pair, and really didn't see a difference testing it, now the signal is from the vhf slope, i apologize for not mentioning this, had forgot About back testing i had to kinda cheat on the rsi up and dn levels for it to even back test think i had uplevel at 52 and down level at 48, and still wasn't many trades even on 1 minute timeframe, if you put the #MTF Rsi from RJO on daily timeframe from 1 minute chart you will see why. I have been thinking of maybe just visually use RSI Levels and set an earlier version buy only or sell only manually, but still not sure if it would increase trades that way.

mrtools:
Hi Lordorly, The vhf level I had removed in the indicator call in the non rsi version before, had forgotten to remove the external parameter until i saw it in this version, to me the vhf level was a hassle seemed you needed to adjust it for every pair, and really didn't see a difference testing it, now the signal is from the vhf slope, i apologize for not mentioning this, had forgot About back testing i had to kinda cheat on the rsi up and dn levels for it to even back test think i had uplevel at 52 and down level at 48, and still wasn't many trades even on 1 minute timeframe, if you put the #MTF Rsi from RJO on daily timeframe from 1 minute chart you will see why. I have been thinking of maybe just visually use RSI Levels and set an earlier version buy only or sell only manually, but still not sure if it would increase trades that way.

Hi Mrtool

my problem is that trade too many times with your test parameters and results are negative.

regards

lordorly

Mon statment is to big for upload

Gif of strategy tester report is 2011.10.13 to 2012.03.01

Files:

Hi lordorly,

I did not trade this rsi version yet because 2 versions are performing good for me (not backtesting, forward testing/trading):

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA since 30 of January using 2,000 initial deposit, and 10_points_3_Smi_new EA (since yesterday).

Anyway - I will try this rsi version because rsi indicator is good to select good enter ... i remember the thread where someone used this indicator to create profitable signals ... but they used it in opposite way: level 70 for buy and 30 for sell (breakout way) with take profit 100 for example. So, when I will start trading this rsi version - I will use it on this way (if the settings will allow it).

newdigital:
Hi lordorly,

I did not trade this rsi version yet because 2 versions are performing good for me (not backtesting, forward testing/trading):

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA since 30 of January using 2,000 initial deposit, and 10_points_3_Smi_new EA (since yesterday).

Anyway - I will try this rsi version because rsi indicator is good to select good enter ... i remember the thread where someone used this indicator to create profitable signals ... but they used it in opposite way: level 70 for buy and 30 for sell (breakout way) with take profit 100 for example. So, when I will start trading this rsi version - I will use it on this way (if the settings will allow it).

thanks

Lordorly

newdigital:
Hi lordorly,

Hi Newdigital, setting? defaults?.

Pairs?.

TF?

where I can find the information?

Sorry for my questions

Thanks

Lordorly

ND. I have increased lots to 10. but it is trading 0.10 ?

philt:
ND. I have increased lots to 10. but it is trading 0.10 ?

lot = 10?

It is trading (starting) with lot = 0.01

lordorly:

Hi Mrtool

my problem is that trade too many times with your test parameters and results are negative.

regards

lordorly

Mon statment is to big for upload

Gif of strategy tester report is 2011.10.13 to 2012.03.01

Hi Lordorly,

The back test for any strategy is very seldom accurate for many different reasons, poor data being one, these problems are only magnified using multi timeframe, i post back test just to show the Ea is working, the equity curve may look good but is not for real probably 9.999 times out of 10.So best to fwd test and adjust accordingly.

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA (trading since 30 of January - the statement is on one of my previous post):

EA with the settings is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page273

M1, USDJPY only.

As to 10_points_3_Smi_new EA - same: M1 timeframe and USDJPY only (settings is attached):

Files:
3sminew.set  2 kb
3smi102.jpg  187 kb
3sminew.jpg  238 kb
Reason: