NRTR Ichi Trading System - page 8

Hi Newdigital,

With FXCM, what should be the time setting ?

Thanks,

pooh

MrTools......

MrTools, plse can you confirm that the RSI is hard-coded for a setting of 7?

When I changed the settings to 7 it traded immediately and as soon as I changed it back to 14, the EA stopped trading.

See attached screen-print for the alert that came for the correct entry, but no real time trade took place. Most annoying to say the least.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
MrTools, plse can you confirm that the RSI is hard-coded for a setting of 7?

When I changed the settings to 7 it traded immediately and as soon as I changed it back to 14, the EA stopped trading.

See attached screen-print for the alert that came for the correct entry, but no real time trade took place. Most annoying to say the least.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

ValeoFX, was trying to find exacty when this happened, if you don't mind me asking what is the gmt of the broker you are using, also the rsi settings are user controlled on the external parameters. Now UseRsi = true, which i think you are, I added a rsi slope, meaning if greater than levelOB and sloping up then buy if greater than Kumo cloud, and vise versa for sell.

EA not working

mrtools:
ValeoFX, was trying to find exacty when this happened, if you don't mind me asking what is the gmt of the broker you are using, also the rsi settings are user controlled on the external parameters. Now UseRsi = true, which i think you are, I added a rsi slope, meaning if greater than levelOB and sloping up then buy if greater than Kumo cloud, and vise versa for sell.

=================

Hello MrTools,

Maybe the explanation of how it was done confused me as I was under the impression that the setting I had chosen was the one that PREVENTED the EA from trading when it hits the OB/OS levels.

In other words, do not open a trade when the RSI-14 hits levels 70/30 - I thought I made that clear in the beginning, hence the problems we have had since the first edition.

I have now changed the EA as follows: 1. Psar Filter as TRUE 2. RSi Filter (first one below the Psar) as FALSE, but what happens now to the RSi-setting of 14 which sits here? Is the setting automatically transferred to the next RSi-filter which I have now switched ON ? Plse confirm.

3. I switched ON the "Regular RSi-filter" and as I understand it, the EA will now NOT open a trade when the RSI hits the levels of 70/30 and this is very important for me to know, so be kind enough and confirm that my understanding is now correct.

I will report back to you during the course of the day.

Best regards,

Still no difference

Hello MrTools,

Sadly still no difference.

I use GMT charts and I have marked here for your kind perusal the last entry as a short against the Psar.

The EA does not trade and I will now change it back to RSi-7 to see whether it starts trading and confirm with you.

Regards,

ValeoFX:
=================

Hello MrTools,

Maybe the explanation of how it was done confused me as I was under the impression that the setting I had chosen was the one that PREVENTED the EA from trading when it hits the OB/OS levels.

In other words, do not open a trade when the RSI-14 hits levels 70/30 - I thought I made that clear in the beginning, hence the problems we have had since the first edition.

ps) just noticed your last post the new version i posted i "loosened up the rsi somewhat" how i had it before it was only looking for a trade while it was leaving os or ob, now it should not trade when it enters os or ob, and that is all. The other way wasn't good especially with all the other indicators involved.

I have now changed the EA as follows: 1. Psar Filter as TRUE 2. RSi Filter (first one below the Psar) as FALSE, but what happens now to the RSi-setting of 14 which sits here? Is the setting automatically transferred to the next RSi-filter which I have now switched ON ? Plse confirm.

3. I switched ON the "Regular RSi-filter" and as I understand it, the EA will now NOT open a trade when the RSI hits the levels of 70/30 and this is very important for me to know, so be kind enough and confirm that my understanding is now correct.

I will report back to you during the course of the day.

Best regards,

Hello ValeoFX,

Yes, sounds right, now to make it easier this version i am posting think it will work better for you, and think the settings are what you are looking for, hopefully if I got it right you should only need to put this version on your chart as is. Sorry about the problems but will get it worked out.

ps) just saw your last post anyway on 1.10 I loosened up the RSI somewhat had it so it was only looking for trades as leaving oversold or overbought that along with the other indicators probably would never get a trade, so now it shouldn't trade while in os or ob.

Thanks MrTools

mrtools:
Hello ValeoFX, Yes, sounds right, now to make it easier this version i am posting think it will work better for you, and think the settings are what you are looking for, hopefully if I got it right you should only need to put this version on your chart as is. Since now you are the only one testing think about what you think will make it better and if i can do it, i will.

===========

Thank you MrTools. I think you now need some sleep?

Regards,

pooh123:
Hi Newdigital,

With FXCM, what should be the time setting ?

Thanks,

pooh

Pooh,

Newdigital"s time settings was based on Alpari broker, which is gmt+2 have no idea what gmt FXCM is, so maybe if you use this clock for now it will tell you your broker time and the gmt time, then set it up according to that.

ps)btw glad to see your testing also, Thanks!!!

Files:

ValeoFX:
===========

Thank you MrTools. I think you now need some sleep?

Regards,

Yes am nodding off as i type not a good thing.

Still not trading..

Hello MrTools,

I am indeed sorry to have to tell you that the EA still does not trade and according to the alert, takes trades against the Psar as you can see from my screen-print attached. I think today is a good enough trading day for the EA to at least perform, but it has lost its course I am afraid to say.

This is not a good return for you based on the time you have already spent on this, but I see the possibilities in this set-up without any doubt.

Best regards,

Reason: