10points 3.mq4 - page 312

newdigital:
To know what is the best version it is necessary to forward test all the versions for 3 or 5 months to select the best. You can do it by yourself. As to me so I am using this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page207

thanks newdigital

sam123:
newdigital, I did as you explained and had 7 pairs with this ea, but not even 1trade was opened

May be not exactly ...

I have switched EAs off on every chart and I attached MACD alert (for alert) and standard MACD and other indicators (you can see the image on last page). So, when MACD alert is giving the alert so I am refreshing the chart sto see how many minutes I have before Ea will open the order. When I decide to open or not. If I decide to open so I switch EA on this one chart to be on.

As I remember I got the signals for CADCHF and some other pair (EURGBP or EURCAD... don't remember sorry).

One or 2 pages bvack (ago) i described about how this Ea works with images (concerning MACD) for buy and sell signals. So, yiou can check on the history about past signals.

And GBPUSD was today early morning:

Files:

Look at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page207

It was about the rules how EA is openning the orders.

And look at this image: last signal was today for EURUSD.

First horizontal line is where MACD alert gave the signal. Second horizonal line - EA opened the orders.

Files:

Just look at my trades for EURUSD. Price was going to the 'right direction'. It means that my estimation when MACD gave alert was right: EA opened one orders' round, than - the other orders round. This EA with this settings is openning the orders by 2 rounds: first round was 0.1 lot just 1 order because price was on downtrend. Then the order by 0.1 lot size was opened but price went to the 'wrong direction' and EA had to martingale by 0.3 lot size as well.

As a results it was in profit:

Then I got signal for CADCHF. After about 30 minutes EA opened first round of the orders:

It is second round:

Why EA martingaled more in second round (compare with first one)? I mean: why first round was 0.4 lot size as maximum and second round - 3.2 lot size? because price wen to 'wrong direction'. It is more related to estimation: MACD alert gave alert and we must decide - will we trade this pair or not.

It was fine as today was profitable day. But we should do our estimation very carefully.

And look at this image:

Did you see horizontal line on the image? I did this line manually now. It is where I got MACD alert about possible buy orders. I decided to trade. I switch EA on. And EA opened the orders (first and second round) on the next bar.

Thus,

- if my estimation about "to trade or not to trade" is right so EA will open one order in 1st round (0.1 lot size) and and second order (0.1 lot size) in second round and will stop trading this pair for this signal.

- if my estimation about "to trade or not to trade" was not fully right so EA will start to martingale increasing lot size just to reduce the losses or get small profit.

If we don't want for this EA to open the orders in martingale way so we need to do our estimation very carefully.

I stopped testing GBPJPY and GBPCHF: too risky.

Besides I changed maximum orders from 10 to 5.

Files:

Wouldn't it be wise to backtest those pairs for at least 1 year backwards, to see if the EA is good?

If you (ND) say that a pair is too risky, I think we should test it backwards instead of waiting it loose all your money.

Only after doing a test, we can decide which pairs are good also for a forward test.

5 years ++ backtest result on latest 0.03 version on EURUSD (H1) with 90% MQ.

Revision trade after bar closed, and will never initiate trade on the same bar again. Less profitable, but avoided buy high/sell low situation.

Regards

David

Files:
5_years.gif  7 kb
5_years.zip  186 kb

Those 3 pairs was risky for me. For you may be not.

For my deposit size.

because ... just imagine that you attach EA to GBPJPY.

EA opened sell by 0.1 lot size. If you have more than -10 pips in this open order so EA will open the other order by 0.2 lot size. Price of the first order moved in the wrong direction and you see -20 pips - EA will opened 3rd order by 0.4 lot size.

-40 pips - 0.8 lot size.

-50 pips - 1.6

-60 pips - 3.2.

And 2 times like that (2 rounds).

and so on.

So 3.2 lot size is coming very very easy even in flat market for GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CADJPY for example. Because EA is operating on close bar and H1 timeframe.

May be I will try to use M15 timeframe? Or use shift = 0?

Of course if you have real deposit 50,000 and will trade by 0.01 size it may be fine for you.

But I want to trade by 0.1 lot size so 3.2 lot is too much for me already.

That is why I said that those pairs are too risky for me and I decided to use maximum orders = 5.

It is possible to backtest this EA. Because EA was coded very good and on close bar. So, backtesting is reliable for this EA.

Sorry, left out the EA.

Regards

David

Files:
10p3v0.03.mq4  11 kb
Reason: