10points 3.mq4 - page 298

so what we can do to make it possible, trade real-live with this EA???

byee xp

omelette:
Sorry but anything less than 89-90% is worthless!!!

You need to open Metatraders history folder, there you should find two folders. Open each in turn and delete every file that contains 'GBPUSD'. Now open 'History Center' from the tools menu and click on (once) the GBPUSD currency pair. Now click the 'Download' button. Wait till the data is downloaded and the box disappears, then click download again - this will convert the data for the different timeframes.

Now test again and the results should be very different...

Yeah and you will not be able to use this data for anything other than backtest - its different from any broker's data because its modified by MetaQuotes But yes, aim for 89-90%. You can either use Alpari's data or MT4 "download". Or ask your broker to send you all M1 history and then convert it to other time frames.

Shinigami:
Yeah and you will not be able to use this data for anything other than backtest - its different from any broker's data because its modified by MetaQuotes But yes, aim for 89-90%. You can either use Alpari's data or MT4 "download". Or ask your broker to send you all M1 history and then convert it to other time frames.

In an ideal world everyone would have access to tick data and then could presumably generate reliable backtests - but this is not an ideal world

However, even with the crappy data that Metaquotes supplies, properly carried out, one would assume that backtests generated by different testers, using the exact same currency pair, EA, settings, time period etc. would be more or less the same.

This does not seem to be the case. So I am wondering just how reliable the MT backtester is.....

master001:
hello

Saintmo i use neuimex for 2007.

go download install file from here:

Users Area -> NEUIMEX Trading Terminal :: NEXTT Trading Systems

login: asteroida5@wp.pl

pass: asteraster

i dont know why this server refuses me to upload file.

master001

master001,

I finally had time to try the ATR version of your EA on the Neuimex platform.

The first attachment represents the Gpb/usd results for 4HR TF for 2007. As you can see the balance goes from $10k to less than $4k. So using default parameters there are still losses but there are significantly less than indicated form FXDD backtests for exactly the same TF, pair, period, etc. See second attachment. Perhaps neuimex data could be otpimized to get positive results. However, I have had no success getting positive results with FXDD for this EA.

Have you come up wtih any more options?

Thanks,

saintmo

omelette:
In an ideal world everyone would have access to tick data and then could presumably generate reliable backtests - but this is not an ideal world

However, even with the crappy data that Metaquotes supplies, properly carried out, one would assume that backtests generated by different testers, using the exact same currency pair, EA, settings, time period etc. would be more or less the same.

This does not seem to be the case. So I am wondering just how reliable the MT backtester is.....

Download MT4 from 10 brokers, set to same currency, timeframe M1.

Zoom out to the max.

Zoom in 2 times.

Watch the difference! Even days open and close by different prices! I'm not talking about Hours or Minutes! So if a system is reliable, it should run fine on at least 2 broker's data. I've also seen several times a noticeable difference on H1 charts between 2 brokers - the difference was small in matter of pips but it was easy to notice on the charts.

One important thing. If you have a good backtest result with 1 broker, you might end up with good forward-test result with the same broker. Stick to that broker on forward-test and ultimately on real account - you'll have higher winning chance.

omelette:
I put the EA on a demo account about 12 hours ago and it has yet to open a trade - is this normal?

In an effort to find out why, I had a quick look at the code and noticed that it takes no account of the orders 'magic' number. Also, the MM does not work correctly.

Just a word of caution to those thinking of using it on a live account...

Just found out why this EA does not work for me - it's down to the WHC broker not allowing Stops to be set while placing orders.

Switching to North Finance demo...

don't dream !

Hi,

I play also a lot with 10point3 and NO WAY that this EA can survive even a month with only 10 pips intervals and only 3 trades to mulitply. With Alpari data and 89.99% modeling quality the equity chart looks more like this:

Need help to modify 10 points 3..........

------------------------------------------------------------------

copy and paste from part of 10points 3 script - posted by yeoeleven

------------------------------------------------------------------

Profit=0;

LastTicket=0;

LastType=0;

LastClosePrice=0;

LastLots=0;

for(cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

LastTicket=OrderTicket();

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) { LastType=OP_BUY; }

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL) { LastType=OP_SELL; }

LastClosePrice=OrderClosePrice();

LastLots=OrderLots();

if (LastType==OP_BUY)

{

//Profit=Profit+(Ord(cnt,VAL_CLOSEPRICE)-Ord(cnt,VAL_OPENPRICE))*PipValue*Ord(cnt,VAL_LOTS) ;

if (OrderClosePrice()<OrderOpenPrice())

{ Profit=Profit-(OrderOpenPrice()-OrderClosePrice())*OrderLots()/Point; }

if (OrderClosePrice()>OrderOpenPrice())

{ Profit=Profit+(OrderClosePrice()-OrderOpenPrice())*OrderLots()/Point; }

}

if (LastType==OP_SELL)

{

//Profit=Profit+(Ord(cnt,VAL_OPENPRICE)-Ord(cnt,VAL_CLOSEPRICE))*PipValue*Ord(cnt,VAL_LOTS );

if (OrderClosePrice()>OrderOpenPrice())

{ Profit=Profit-(OrderClosePrice()-OrderOpenPrice())*OrderLots()/Point; }

if (OrderClosePrice()<OrderOpenPrice())

{ Profit=Profit+(OrderOpenPrice()-OrderClosePrice())*OrderLots()/Point; }

}

//Print(Symbol,":",Profit,",",LastLots);

}

}

------------------- end of part of 10points 3 script -------------------

i think may be this code is refer to close open position and need to modify but as i said 'may be' because i am not a programmer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Admins, Senior Members, Everyone and our ForexMates,

I am new to forex and do not know about EA script. But after I forward test to my a few Demo Account, I think this EA is working well but it face a few problem which I do not know how to modify as I am not a programmer. Before this, I have only experience in Stock Exchange and of couse a little difference even some of indicators used such as MACD, CCI, Stochastic,RSI and etc are the same. Even, i think if you really a traders, stock exchange is more difficult as you cannot Sell first ( short selling - illegal in stock exchange ) if you think market is turn bearish. All you need to do is OUT OF THE MARKET and CLEAR YOUR HOLDING STOCK and wait untill the market is BOTTOM to BUY AGAIN.

The main point here is, sometimes when I think ( from the indicator ) that the market is going SOUTH but I cannot do nothing to order the EA to CLOSE position as I am not a programmer to make script.

And, here I need help from any programmer here to make a little modification to this EA ( 10 points 3 ) as I face a few problem and I think is need to fix it by EA Programmer.

The Conclusion about this EA are after I run forward test to my Demo AC are :

1. when I setting Lot 0.2, it will close position after 6 pips up even the market is still Bullish UP. and make another BUY again after a few pips up. Of course we loss this a few pips as if it did not close earlier.

2. when I setting Lot 0.3, it will close position after 4 pips up even the market is still Bullish UP as do OPEN POSITION as above. We hope to make profit when we increase Lot from 0.2 to 0.3 but what the EA did is decrease the pips to CLOSE POSITION.

3. This EA is steadily make a small profit from time to time such as Close after 6 pips ( about $12.00 profit ) but face sudden Initial Stop if we setting about 40 pips means 40pips X 0.3 ( eg : $3.00 per pips ) = $120.00 LOSS.

4. But, if we setting up stop loss = 300 or never set any stop loss ( initial stop = 0 ). It will make a good profitBUT the LOSSES IN FLOATING are very HIGH compare to PROFIT WE ALREADY MADE. If we CLOSE all OPEN POSITION, the balance in account is still LOSS..

In my opinion, what I need to be fixed is refer to the above matters are :

1. Adjustable to set the Lot and adjustable to set the CLOSE POSITION.

2. Same as no. 1.

3. We should not let the EA to CLOSE POSITION refer by Initial Stop LOSS as it is too late and we will LOSS TOO MUCH or IT WILL FLOATING TOO MUCH. We need INDICATOR to detect the trend and CLOSE THE OPEN POSITION. And , I think it is not to late as we have CLOSE POSITION early when BEARISH TREND occurs.

I REALLY HOPE THAT ANYBODY WHO KNOW ABOUT EA CODE SUCH EA PROGRAMMERS COULD GIVE MUCH HELP TO MODIFY THIS CODE/SCRIPT.

" FOREX : I AM NEW IN AND STILL LEARNING "

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I think many of Senior Programmer in here could fix this problem.

T-JMA version launched a comeback this week. See attached. I removed gbp/usd pair and only traded eur/usd on 4Hr TF this past week. Report covers last 3 weeks.

can anyone write an ea like multi lot sacpler that only make buy position? and another ea like that just for sell position?

Reason: