10points 3.mq4 - page 217

how did the v12 handle the big EURUSD move???

Was anyone on the wrong side of the market going into the big move?

I was in 10points3 selling EURUSD profitably after the 7:30 EST news and got HAMMERED!!!! ouch.... This was unannounced economic news (US CHINA sanctions) couldn't do anything to avoid it as it came out between scheduled news items...

Unexpected news

MegaLeads:

Was anyone on the wrong side of the market going into the big move?

I was in 10points3 selling EURUSD profitably after the 7:30 EST news and got HAMMERED!!!! ouch.... This was unannounced economic news (US CHINA sanctions) couldn't do anything to avoid it as it came out between scheduled news items...

Here is a GIF which shows how RB26 handled the unexpected news. My V12s were having a rest set up as Aggressive False.

John

Files:
rb26.gif  41 kb

v12 testing

Due to computer memory issues no test reports this week, will start a new demo next week if I can get this problem ironed out.

tools

End of another week

MegaLeads:

Very well. This is my normal doubling account.

TakeProfit = 20

MaxTrades = 8

Pips = 15

It's doing nicely at the moment, but I'm still waiting for the big hit!

It got off to a slow start, because I had the lots set wrong.

Ray

And now for my crazy trippling idea

I'm running two x3 accounts on demo.

GBPUSD, I've dismissed as not viable, but I have included it here for comparison.

EURUSD, is better, but as I've explained in earlier posts, I think this strategy suits EURCHF better.

Ray

And now for the real one

Well folks. I've decided to share with you my real account. (edit... Not the dollars.... just the information!)

As I've said, I made earlier losses with other ideas, so this account starts from a strange (lower) figure, as I've only included the recent EURCHF trades.

I'm only trading small, so it may not look terribly spectacular, but I think it's going the right way. My plan is to rack up the lot sizes as the account grows, so it should compound nicely. It's already made roughly 10% in two weeks ... That beats the Building Society .

You'll notice that I increased the multiplier from x3 to x3.1. I noticed on multiple trades that too much was being lost in the spread.

See what you think....

Regards,

Ray

Files:

10% in 2 weeks is not bad at all!

Keep it up!

Multiplier 3.1 is a bit crazy. I thought I was the greedy person in here... hehe

Have a nice weekend people.

One week forward testing with the following setting:

Magic=43420

TakeProfit=28.00000000

Lots=0.75000000

InitialStop=100.00000000

TrailingStop=0.00000000

MaxTrades=12

Multiplier=2.00000000

Pips=18

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

SecureProfit=0

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

ReverseCondition=0

Fast_MA=14

Slow_MA=26

MACD_SMA=9

Shift=1

Agressive_mode=1

FromHourTrade=0

ToHourTrade=24

I didn't have time to change the ea to safemode before yesterday's news. However, after making 5 trades, it came back with huge profit :D

Cheers,

Files:
v12b_ch.gif  13 kb
v12b.gif  5 kb
v12b.htm  14 kb

My V12 mod made a lot of pips with the news realease

humax:
Multiplier 3.1 is a bit crazy. I thought I was the greedy person in here... hehe

It's not crazy .... or greed. There's a method to my madness....

Think about it, this method (assuming the price is going the wrong way) relies on retracement. You double (normally) your trade in the hope that the price will retrace. The increased stake, then recoups your losses from the previous trades.

Well, what makes this idea fail? The price may well retrace ... but not enough to hit your TP. It then continues on its way .. and you lose. Logically, then, you need to reduce the TP so that a small retracement is all that's needed to lock in your profit..... and what makes that fail? Well, if you only have a small TP, you won't make enough to cover the previous losses.

..... The solution... Increase the multiplier !

Make sense?

Ray.

Reason: