10points 3.mq4 - page 167

Even with your examples I'm having a hard time understanding what secure profit does. I'm having a mental block about this for some reason. On a 5,000 account, 200:1, what would you suggest for secure profit?

I've left my v12 demo at secure profit = 200. It started out fine, but negative open equity has taken it back some. Should I have set that lower? The initial opening trade is for .05 lots. What would you suggest for secure profit? THx.

QUOTE=davidke20]The calculation below based on IBFX micro account, 0.01lot = 1cent

if SecureProfit=2

0.10 -39pips -US3.90

0.20 -21pips -US4.20

0.40 -3pips -US1.20

0.80 +15pips +US12.00

Grandtotal = +US2.70 Equity-Balance more then SecureProfit, close all position

if SecureProfit=50

1.00lots -54pips -U$54.00

2.00lots -36pips -U$72.00

4.00lots -18pips -U$72.00

8.00lots 0pips U$0.00

16.00lots +18pips +U$288

Grandtotal = +U$90.00 Equity-Balance more then SecureProfit, close all position

When your lot size is increasing, you'll have to judge what sizes you'll needed to put it on. You can maintain SecureProfit=5 all the while, but for me its not worth, the system will close off the position with breakeven most of the time. That is why I regularly change my SecureProfit. Especially when US Home Sales announcement, I'll change the SecureProfit=5 regardless of my account size, and back to higher figure after the spike. Only 2 type of announcement I'll unplug the system, which is NFP and FOMC. I'll place them on Agressive_Mode=False 1 day prior these financial event, and place them back to Agressive_Mode=True the next day after the initial trade is placed by the conservative mode. Hope this answer your question.

Regards,

David

robp:
Even with your examples I'm having a hard time understanding what secure profit does. I'm having a mental block about this for some reason. On a 5,000 account, 200:1, what would you suggest for secure profit?

I've left my v12 demo at secure profit = 200. It started out fine, but negative open equity has taken it back some. Should I have set that lower? The initial opening trade is for .05 lots. What would you suggest for secure profit? THx.

obviously, if you're started with 0.05, i think you no need the secure profit anyway. you need atleast start with 0.10 lots. if you're using just take 1% of your account balance as your secure profit will do.

Regards,

David

ok, the 1% figure makes sense to me then. A 5,000 account would have secure profit set at 50. Would you trade .10 lots with 5,000 -- let me rephrase that: How many lots would you set V12 for if the account was 5,000? It sounds like you're saying .05 lots is too low.

davidke20:
obviously, if you're started with 0.05, i think you no need the secure profit anyway. you need atleast start with 0.10 lots. if you're using just take 1% of your account balance as your secure profit will do.

Regards,

David

Whenwill v13 come out?

davidke20:
yes, may be that is the issue due to leverage... NF is 1:500, thats why i'm still surviving.

Regards,

David

David,

I know there are a limited amount of testers but I would love to get in for v13 if you are working on that?

Thanks for all your work maybe we will find a good reliable EA

Berdj

robp:
ok, the 1% figure makes sense to me then. A 5,000 account would have secure profit set at 50. Would you trade .10 lots with 5,000 -- let me rephrase that: How many lots would you set V12 for if the account was 5,000? It sounds like you're saying .05 lots is too low.

depends, if you're on IBFX. 5000 mini account trade with 0.50lots. If you're on standard account, 5000 trade with 0.05lots. Hope this help.

Regards,

David

berdj:
David,

I know there are a limited amount of testers but I would love to get in for v13 if you are working on that?

Thanks for all your work maybe we will find a good reliable EA

Berdj

Good to see you here too. There may not have V13. V12 probably will be the end of the assignment. But if I have Beta2, I will announce it here. Those who interested can PM me then. Good luck.

Regards,

David

can anyone else post some forward testing results besides davidke20, seems like davidke20 is the only one getting good results. thanks,

v12 results

Attaching fwd. testing results of V12 ; everything on H1 timeframe eur/usd with default settings, & usd/chf and gbp/usd default except aggresion = false.Testing being done on FXDD demo.

tools

davidke20:
V12

David,

Obviously I was off to a rocky start with the MM turned on, but since I've reset it, and tried slightly different settings, it's been doing great. I've got it on a $3000 account, TP=20, Lots 0.1, Pips 15 and the balance is now $3200. I've only had this setting running for 3 days.... Not bad. . I shall post a detailed report when I've got a little more to show.

Could you just explain how this differs from the original 10points3 ?

Max trades is set to 10. Does this mean I can expect a huge loser at some point? In order to appreciate its performance, I need to be able to balance the gains against any potential loss.

Regards,

Ray.

mrtools:
Attaching fwd. testing results of V12 ; everything on H1 timeframe eur/usd with default settings, & usd/chf and gbp/usd default except aggresion = false.Testing being done on FXDD demo. tools

thank you mrtools.

Reason: