10points 3.mq4 - page 135

Well, that's it. I've done it. LIVE TRADING !!!!!!

It took a little while to setup. I had it all the way I wanted it, on my demo account, but it turns out... it all has to be setup again. For the sake of anyone else taking the plunge, it seems that the old charts don't work anymore. For example, for EURUSD you have to use EURUSDm (for mini account). Slightly worrying ... Why should they be different? Will it affect the way the EA works?

......Watch this space!

Ray.

FutureMillionaire?:
Well, that's it. I've done it. LIVE TRADING !!!!!!

It took a little while to setup. I had it all the way I wanted it, on my demo account, but it turns out... it all has to be setup again. For the sake of anyone else taking the plunge, it seems that the old charts don't work anymore. For example, for EURUSD you have to use EURUSDm (for mini account). Slightly worrying ... Why should they be different? Will it affect the way the EA works?

......Watch this space!

Ray.

Good luck. I hope the account is small.

FutureMillionaire?:

I think, if I run 10points3_dynamic_stop, and stop it just before NFP ... it should work.

I've been wondering about the practicality of stopping it. If you just switch off the EA or MT4... what would happen when you switch it on again? If the market has moved significantly, would it immediately open trades up to your max trade limit?

Alternatively, if you pick a convenient moment to manually close the existing trades .. does the EA accept that, or will it try to pick up from where it left off when you restart it?

Ray

Closing EA

FutureMillionaire?:
I've been wondering about the practicality of stopping it. If you just switch off the EA or MT4... what would happen when you switch it on again? If the market has moved significantly, would it immediately open trades up to your max trade limit?

Alternatively, if you pick a convenient moment to manually close the existing trades .. does the EA accept that, or will it try to pick up from where it left off when you restart it?

Ray

If you just turn off the EA and close the platform the trading will continue without the benefit of the EA's functions so when you resume the new price will determine the status. That is a course of action that I would not recommend.

The better option is to be aware of when you want to close off the EA and manually close the trades when in profit prior to the event. Don't forget to prior close off the EA or it will immediately open new positions as you close the old ones.

Last weekend was a case in question when the price gapped and unexpected losses or profits occurred. It would have been better in hindsight to have closed off the EA prior to the weekend.

John

yeoeleven:
It would have been better in hindsight to have closed off the EA prior to the weekend.

Would you recommend closing it every weekend?.... or was there something special about last weekend?

Mind you, even though it gaps, surely that wouldn't be enough .. in the normal course of events, to move it to the 8 trade limit I set.. would it?

Ray

Weekend closing

FutureMillionaire?:
Would you recommend closing it every weekend?.... or was there something special about last weekend?

Mind you, even though it gaps, surely that wouldn't be enough .. in the normal course of events, to move it to the 8 trade limit I set.. would it?

Ray

I do not close off at the weekends just that last weekend would have been better if I had and no it wouldn't have moved anything close to the MaxTrades8 unless you were travelling around MaxTrades6.

If you remember the competition with David during January I left the EA run for a month without closure or to any adjustment to the settings.

John

Wow ... fantastic! Remove that '?' from my identity. Buy the private island, the ocean going yacht, the executive jet!!!

I'VE MADE 63 CENTS !!!!!

.....well, it's REAL money ... and it's a start

(Rome wasn't built in a day)

FutureMillionaire?:
Thanks for your quick reply

So this wasn't any particular event then. I wonder why it's so volatile then

I thought they were definitely going to lose ... because it's progressed beyond where they could win.

Well, I've been quite impressed with the results I've got, so think I'll stick with them. The only major difference is the risk. Mine is set to 12 ... I'm not sure how that will affect it. Presumably, even if it goes in the wrong direction - as long as it's not a huge movement without any retracement, then risk doesn't matter.

.... Oh, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I've been thinking that "FutureMillionaire?" is rather impersonal...... My name is Ray. My chosen identity here was a bit "tongue in cheek"

I appreciate your efforts on this thread. I shall let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Ray

Out for holiday few days, I hope you're doing well. The reason for the Risk is the 1st exposure of the initial trade on 10point3. If you put down 12% as initial 1st trade, the table listed below

Account Balance 10,000 Leverage 1:500

1st trade 1.20lot

2nd trade 2.40lot

3rd trade 4.80lot

4th trade 8.40lot

5th trade - MARGIN CALL!

So, its prefer to follow Risk=1 if you use MM. Good luck and hope this help.

Regards,

David

davidke20:
Out for holiday few days, I hope you're doing well. The reason for the Risk is the 1st exposure of the initial trade on 10point3. If you put down 12% as initial 1st trade, the table listed below

Account Balance 10,000 Leverage 1:500

1st trade 1.20lot

2nd trade 2.40lot

3rd trade 4.80lot

4th trade 8.40lot

5th trade - MARGIN CALL!

So, its prefer to follow Risk=1 if you use MM. Good luck and hope this help.

Regards,

David

Forgive me if this appears twice.... I just responded, but I can't see where it went. Maybe I inadvertantly closed the window.

That makes perfect sense now. Thanks for explaining that to me. I'm not using MM, but have changed it ... just in case I do in the future.

Regards,

Ray.

Reason: