10points 3.mq4 - page 114

Previous setting?

yeoeleven:
Just now I am watching RMI and am not happy about the progression just shown. It has increased from 2.0 to 4.0 to .4 to .8 it can return to profitability but will need to return to the original starting price to do it. Martingale EAs usually return to profit with a relatively small retraction and that will not apply in this case. In short I wouldn't trust this EA unless mrtools advises us that is the way it has been programmed and all is well.

My recommended EA is found on this thread on page 18 the original 10points3 Dynamic Stop as modified by tururo. I am still testing this version and during the last week has also shown good results. I have been using MM1 and Risk3 so the results have been profitable but also has the risk been high. Settings are:-

TakeProfit=38.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=28.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=28

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2007

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=1

risk=3

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

Can't say that I am happy to see the progression to reach 12.8 but it is a demo account starting at $25000. These are the settings currently in use for my competition with David as mentioned previously on this thread.

All in all whatever settings you use there is the constant fear that MaxTrades will be closed down. If the MaxTrades is too small then it will happen too frequently and if too high may break the account.

There are members currently working out changes that may eliminate that problem. mtaboneweb Matt is working on a reverse during the progression, David is looking at a pyramid version, mrtools is always looking to improve the direction of trading.

Lately I have been only trading EURUSD with higher starting price and avoided the highly volatile GBPUSD my TF for both versions is M30.

Good luck for your trading,

John

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your current setting.

Personally, i do feel that your previous setting with pips 15 and maxtrade 10 is relatively safer as it covered up to 150 pips range. I even consider to test pips 20 and maxtrade 10 in a mini live account.

Can you please kindly share that had your trades ever close out with maxtrade with pips 15 and maxtrade 10 in the past few months? If never, why did you get rid of that relatively safe setting?

Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Geoff

MaxTrades10

hksweeper:
Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your current setting.

Personally, i do feel that your previous setting with pips 15 and maxtrade 10 is relatively safer as it covered up to 150 pips range. I even consider to test pips 20 and maxtrade 10 in a mini live account.

Can you please kindly share that had your trades ever close out with maxtrade with pips 15 and maxtrade 10 in the past few months? If never, why did you get rid of that relatively safe setting?

Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

one picture tells a thousand words about MaxTrades10 so have a look at the attached GIF CHFJPY.

RMI can't believe it after all my fuss the progression has closed with a small profit and now have reverted to my original setting. Detailed statement attached.

John

Files:
chfjpy.gif  64 kb
rmi3.htm  12 kb
rmi3.gif  5 kb

Yves81:
]Hello in all

I have just ended Backtesting of 5 versions of the E.A " 10 Points 3 " with Backtest Broker FXLite

I found an only good version: 10 Points 3 dynamic_Stop_V2

I have exchange the fixations of the debut and it walks(works) with EUR / USD and USD / CHF only

If you want all my reglages, you ask, it will be free

Yves81

yves81, you are testing false....what i know is strategytester with modell "point controll" not the right backtest ......you must test it with modelling option "EVERY TICK" ......so you can see different results ......

forex2006

What is the swap value, BTW?

Thanks

Hope this can explain...

matrixebiz:
What is the swap value, BTW? Thanks

LOL... Let me get you on the bigger picture. The account that Grandpa running is funded with USD, therefor, if you sell GBPUSD - the term in the Live trading floor will be "LONG" the dollar when you shout at your dealing desk. In that case, you're making interest by staying your trade during rollover. Say, if you "SHORT" the dollar, which is buy GBPUSD in your trading platform, the SWAP that the broker charge you will be double of the interest earning, and ofcourse, in the end the big winner is still the broker!

Example :

Ticket Buy GBP Sell USD during EST1700 - Swap value -2.70/100k

Ticket Sell GBP Buy USD during EST1700 - Swap value +1.35/100k

Ticket Buy USD Sell JPY during EST1700 - Swap value +5.22/100k

Ticket Sell USD Buy JPY during EST1700 - Swap value -10.45/100k

100k(means 1.0 lot)

Hope this will help you to understand more what real life forex trading world is. The actual figure, you can check with your broker what is the current swap rate. Btw, if you're in the wrong direction, Tuesday rollover & Friday's market closing is a killer for you, triple charge on this 2 days. Scalper have to beware of this issue. Stay out 1hour prior rollover unless the trend is favor your swap direction, beside making pips, you're banking in interest as well. Good trading

Regards,

David

Files:

Bofatron Saurosoffus:
what is "swap value?" he asks........................................................................................................Ahhhhhhhhh....hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha..........mwahahahhahahhahhahaha......bwahahahhahhahhahha....hehehehehehehe. (they oughta require a certification license to trade fx methinks)

if you are gonna shit on the learning process why the hell are you on this board?

Ok, thanks guys for explaining Swap to me. I've still got alot of reading to do

Is it only me or 10point3_Dymamic_Stop has opened a big hole in accounts yesterday and today ?

Cursed news, maybe?

Reason: