10points 3.mq4 - page 98

ML1 Clone

mrtools:
Hope it okay to post this here been working on ML1 Clone and feel I got it to my liking, and being 10 points is kinda similar tried the same mod on it, added center of gravity(2adjustable timeperiods), vhf(2 adjustable vhf periods), on mod1, and RMI on version #2.Backtest report is mod1 on H1 chart timeframe.

Regards

mrtools

Just in time to check it out before Monday morning, good timing.

All your settings are listed on the Strategy Tester Report, I will review them and change the .1 start off to .01 and the AccountisNormal setting to 1.

Everything needed is in the zip file so I will get it in place before Monday AM. The Centre of Gravity, RMI & VHF go into the Indicators folder but are not necessarily needed to be attached on to the chart, yes?

Thanks mrtools, do you recommend any other pairs or just EURUSD

John

10 points_3 mod

Hi John,

Yes you need the indicators in the folder but they are not needed on the chart. I just put this together last night and only had data downloaded for eur/usd so that was all I tested, the settings for the indicators was the same I used for ML1 clone, so may need some tweaking and also not sure if the results I had from backtesting are better than what you all are getting all ready.

Just in time to check it out before Monday morning, good timing.

All your settings are listed on the Strategy Tester Report, I will review them and change the .1 start off to .01 and the AccountisNormal setting to 1.

Everything needed is in the zip file so I will get it in place before Monday AM. The Centre of Gravity, RMI & VHF go into the Indicators folder but are not necessarily needed to be attached on to the chart, yes?

Thanks mrtools, do you recommend any other pairs or just EURUSD

John

Regards

mrtools

backtest report

mrtools:
Hope it okay to post this here been working on ML1 Clone and feel I got it to my liking, and being 10 points is kinda similar tried the same mod on it, added center of gravity(2adjustable timeperiods), vhf(2 adjustable vhf periods), on mod1, and RMI on version #2.Backtest report is mod1 on H1 chart timeframe.

Regards

mrtools

just found out that in the backtest report that you are showing there was no trade between 29/9 and 15/12...any reasson for that?

happy new year and thank you for your efforts

emeric

Can't seem to get any trades to open in backtest.

Was trying EUR_USD tick data for 2006.

I never created a history file for the tick data tho, Is it possible that one of the indicators needs to check the history ?

I'm looking at "extern double CountBars" when I think this.

Thanks in advance.

Tross

yeoeleven:
I will attach my version of the EA with a change to the MaxTrades from 12 to 13 apart from that I can not see any differences but then I am not a coder.

I feel happier with my version because I have been testing it since page 18 with none of the problems that you have experienced.

Have you looked at the Experts and the Journal tabs just in case there is an error message there. If it shows not enough money that would be your answer.

John

Thank you for the help. The EA that you attached, does it work for all the pairs or just some?

By the way, would you know what part of the code contains the dynamic stop?

I apologize for all the questions, but knowing this information is really important to me.

Thank you again, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

10 point mod

just found out that in the backtest report that you are showing there was no trade between 29/9 and 15/12...any reasson for that?

happy new year and thank you for your efforts

emeric

Hi Emeric,

No reason, I didn't notice that, all I can figure is there must be a big time gap in my history data.Will try to redowmload the data again.

Thanks

mrtools

10 points mod

Can't seem to get any trades to open in backtest.

Was trying EUR_USD tick data for 2006.

I never created a history file for the tick data tho, Is it possible that one of the indicators needs to check the history ?

I'm looking at "extern double CountBars" when I think this.

Thanks in advance.

Tross

Hi Tross,

Currently backtesting my version and it is working,by any chance is your end date still set to 2005,think I changed that though so it would be 2010 or something,otherwise can't think of any other reason except are your indicators in the indicators folder and compiled?Also check the backtest journal if there are any errors.

Hope this helps

mrtools

10point3 for contest!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175905

I started a new poll for myself and 10point3, see whether you guys will agree with me. Please comment.

10points3 dynamic stop

PIP_PIP:
Thank you for the help. The EA that you attached, does it work for all the pairs or just some?

By the way, would you know what part of the code contains the dynamic stop?

I apologize for all the questions, but knowing this information is really important to me.

Thank you again, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The EA will work on all pairs it only refers to the majors in the code but will perform with other pairs.

I have no idea about how the Dynamic Stop is coded. Some one may be able to help or you could PM tururo who created the mdification. I accept that it is there and am not curious about the details.

If you compare the original 10points3 code with the Dynamic Stop code the answer may be apparent.

John

Contest.

davidke20:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175905 I started a new poll for myself and 10point3, see whether you guys will agree with me. Please comment.

David

I would contact Alejandro Galindo via http://www.elcactus.com/ asking for his permission and if he agrees I would like to see information posted here for us all to benefit.

He is interested in contests and has posted DLMv1.4-MQL4Contest.mq4 so he may be receptive.

John

Reason: