10points 3.mq4 - page 95

blintzecure:
winner chicken dinner. nice steady results. any thoughts on this EA in non holiday times?

My settings and version have been recently posted for non holiday everyday times, perhaps the question is "any thoughts on this EA in holiday times?"

I will avoid the period between Christmas and the NewYear. I trade EAs during American and other countries Public Holidays but the period above mentioned is much wider recognised and I believe that unexpected results may occur.

Most of the huge movers in forex trading, banks and institutions, may not be present allowing the possibility of unusual trading conditions to occur. It is true that not all the world recognises the Christmas period but enough do to cause potentially altered trading conditions.

Those are my views and as such will not reflect the view of all but it is easier to avoid problems than to deal with aftermath of disastrous trading results.

John

yeoeleven:
My settings and version have been recently posted for non holiday everyday times, perhaps the question is "any thoughts on this EA in holiday times?"

I will avoid the period between Christmas and the NewYear. I trade EAs during American and other countries Public Holidays but the period above mentioned is much wider recognised and I believe that unexpected results may occur.

Most of the huge movers in forex trading, banks and institutions, may not be present allowing the possibility of unusual trading conditions to occur. It is true that not all the world recognises the Christmas period but enough do to cause potentially altered trading conditions.

Those are my views and as such will not reflect the view of all but it is easier to avoid problems than to deal with aftermath of disastrous trading results.

John

I'm going to let in run 24/7 to see how well it makes it through the holidays What line do I delete in the code to remove progression?

yeoeleven

i am simply asking your opinion on its performance in non-holiday times.

whilst it has peformed well in december/november it has done this whilst volume has be lower.

whilst the market is stronger during the year will you stand by whilst this EA trades stronger moves?

blintzecure:
i am simply asking your opinion on its performance in non-holiday times.

whilst it has peformed well in december/november it has done this whilst volume has be lower.

whilst the market is stronger during the year will you stand by whilst this EA trades stronger moves?

I started forward testing 10points 3 last August with good results and when the Dynamic Stop was created I switched over continuing the good result.

I will continue to use it and believe that it will withstand stronger trending markets but may fail with continuously ranging markets.

Allowing the MaxTrades10 setting and setting the AccountsProtect to 0 will, providing the account can stand it, require a continuous movement with almost no retracement to defeat it.

If any reader can post a URL listing the relative volatility of all pairs over time that will help in the selection of more suitable pairs to test this EA.

I print screened a chart showing the direction change required to close this EA off successfully after a considerable move and if the progression had moved more the direction required for success would have been proportionally less.

John

Files:

?????????????

I will continue to use it and believe that it will withstand stronger trending markets but may fail with continuously ranging markets.

Allowing the MaxTrades10 setting and setting the AccountsProtect to 0 will, providing the account can stand it, require a continuous movement with almost no retracement to defeat it.

i guess i'll keep my questions to myself next time.

yeo

the EA posts good results but the graphic shows very little other than the EA buy tops and sells bottoms.

10points3 Dynamic Stop

blintzecure:

i guess i'll keep my questions to myself next time.

I am fully aware that this EA is dangerous that is why I am still using a demo account whilst trying to find the safest way to handle it.

After working and reporting for 4 months with others to improve the settings and now posting the last month's $2000 profit I would appreciate your comments to assist us all in that endeavour.

If you have something positive to contribute to this thread please do so we would like to hear from you.

John

explain what you mean

explain what you mean

Trading options

blintzecure:
the EA posts good results but the graphic shows very little other than the EA buy tops and sells bottoms.

I agree that the selection criteria using MACD could be improved and other versions have added different indicators but it is the ability to get out of trouble with a small retraction that sets this EA apart.

If it would get on the right track immediately we would have the Holy Grail that we all have been searching for.

John

am i talking to a wall here?

i find it fitting that someone pretentious enough to use the word "whilst" would also put their faith in a martingale.

no wonder this thread died. i ask your opinion and you mangle some technical discussion (which wasn't required) and then get defensive.

later

Reason: